What did Harvard Law Professor Say About Likely Outcome of Trump's Travel Ban?

federalist50

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2016
Alan Dershowitz is a liberal law professor, but an honest one. He says the Trump travel ban will likely be upheld at the SC. I have not heard any of the judges contest the legality of this travel ban, but rather so-called harm to the states that fied lawsuits.. We are no longer a nation of laws, but rather a nation of selective enforcement of our laws. Does this bode well for our country?

Dershowitz: Trump Will Likely Win Travel Ban Case At Supreme Court

One thing stood out in the court arguments . When asked if the ban was not reviewable he said "yes".

Seriously ? So Trump is the be all end all? Since when is there no checks n balances ?

One thing stood out in the court arguments . When asked if the ban was not reviewable he said "yes".

Seriously ? So Trump is the be all end all? Since when is there no checks n balances ?

Feel free to point where the law defers to anyones judgment other than the president.
presidential authority.jpg

Show me in the law where anyone else in given a say, where does it say what a judge may deem to be appropriate?

Name one Obama EO that was challenged.

Alan Dershowitz is a liberal law professor, but an honest one. He says the Trump travel ban will likely be upheld at the SC. I have not heard any of the judges contest the legality of this travel ban, but rather so-called harm to the states that fied lawsuits.. We are no longer a nation of laws, but rather a nation of selective enforcement of our laws. Does this bode well for our country?

Q. Have you read the convoluted immigration laws, made even more opaque and absurd by provisions in the Homeland Security Act?

By the way, have you read Supreme Injustice by Dershowitz?

Feel free to point where the law defers to anyones judgment other than the president.View attachment 111714

Show me in the law where anyone else in given a say, where does it say what a judge may deem to be appropriate?

"Detrimental " is part of that . Trump doesn't have a reason that fits . It's not like we just declared war on those countries .

The con says you can't discriminate based on religion /race . If that's what he's doing, his ban in unconstitutional.

Looks like they are going to take Dershowitz's advice that he gave after the first travel ban.

And pardon my French, but fuck the 9th. He's going to write a new one.

"He added, “Look, there’s a way around this that’s a win-win for everybody. The president has lost, so he is now in a state of limbo.

For weeks, perhaps even months, his order is going to be stayed. He claims that this is a threat to the national security of the United States.

If he’s right, then he has only one option: Rescind the order, start from scratch, write a new order with his new attorney general, with the cooperation, perhaps of members of Congress, that will both protect the security of the United States, and avoid constitutional challenge.

That’s his best option right now.”

Dershowitz: Lawsuit Against Trump Order Still Has 'A Very, Very, Uphill Fight' To Win at SCOTUS - Breitbart

Feel free to point where the law defers to anyones judgment other than the president.View attachment 111714

"Detrimental " is part of that . Trump doesn't have a reason that fits . It's not like we just declared war on those countries .

The con says you can't discriminate based on religion /race . If that's what he's doing, his ban in unconstitutional.

Bullshit on religion. 80% of the world's muslims are not on that list. Even Christians from Syria are under the temporary ban.

The Constitution doesn't apply to foreign nationals not on US soil, and who does the law give the authority to determine who may be detrimental? Come on dude, this ain't rocket science, it's right there in black and white.

Cherry Picked ^^^ and a lie by omission:

8 U.S. Code § 1182 - Inadmissible aliens

See (3) Security and Related Grounds

Yep, he needs to have his team come up with a new E/O that'll pass muster, and move onward... it could take too long to work it through the courts, and if this is for security as said, the best option is to write a new E/O.

Yep, he needs to have his team come up with a new E/O that'll pass muster, and move onward... it could take too long to work it through the courts, and if this is for security as said, the best option is to write a new E/O.
It's happening right now at the White House!

Both political parties, two political dynasties, academia, the media, Hollywood have all fallen before Trump.

The judiciary is next.

The man doesn't lose!

I'm just curious which intelligence agency briefs that judge in Washington state?

It's happening right now at the White House!
that's exactly what I said, fk that first one, put out a second. make them bring him back to court. Then will let real lawyers go to Washington State and then we'll see who has constitutional rights and who doesn't.

Surprised Closed Caption is not over here taking credit for Dershowitz's statements. I guess he does not agree with these statements.

dershowitz isn't liberal.

and what he said, as long as one isn't lying like you are....is that he thought it might be upheld in part and largely struck down.

thanks for playing

btw, idiot... the judges aren't "contesting" anything. they are ruling....which is their right and duty as a CO-EQUAL branch of government.

i wish you idiot wingers would stop whining

Cherry Picked ^^^ and a lie by omission:

8 U.S. Code § 1182 - Inadmissible aliens

See (3) Security and Related Grounds

See (3) B, they have every right to determine if the people being admitted are terrorist or have terrorist ties, how do you do that if the home countries have no effective central government and really have no idea who is in their country or where they came from? That was the whole purpose of the hold, they want to review how these people are vetted, it was for a whole 90 days, is that unreasonable?

Forum List

Back