What are people thinking as they hear the Senate arguments?

“stopping the certification of the election pursuant to the instructions of the then President” reply to 26586821

Yeah, um, that does not support your case. At all.

McCarthy Tells DJTQ that the rioters were TRUMP’s supporters and begged Trump to call them off.

Trump does not call them off. That is a fact.,

The rioters are there because they care about the election being stolen and that stolen election is still of primary concern of the President.

They care about the stolen election and are there to stop a stolen election from being validated by Congress.

Trump explained it to Kevin in the heat of the battle.

“Well, Kevin, I guess these people are more upset about the election than you are,

DJTQ did not attempt to stop the violent mob from achieving DJTQ!s publicly stated objective.

The knew what DJTQ’s objective was.

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000177-b80e-d644-a377-fe9f756e0000

(Proud Boy )Pezzola is just seen as one of the crowd walking through the building. There is a selfie video where he lights a “victory cigar” and mugs for the camera. The implication was he stopped for a cigar because he considered the objective achieved, There is no indication that he sought to seek or harm anyone in the Capitol.

On January 6, 2021, he gained instant infamy when he was photographed using a police shield to break a window at the Capitol. That window was one of the numerous doors and windows used by protesters to gain access into the Capitol.

The "Fact" that Trump did not attempt to "call them off" proves one thing. That TRump did not attempt to "Call them off".

That is all it shows. It does not show that Trump was in control of the crowd, or really anything.

You are grasping at straws.

Get used to it.

I just listened to the Senate Trial Presentations and have a few thoughts. Others will disagree, even violently. Listen to my thoughts, and then I’ll listen to yours...

The “House Managers” just refuted what I thought were preposterous Republican arguments that the Constitution won’t even allow for a trial of impeached ex-president Trump. I come away more than ever impressed with the Constitutional importance of what is now at stake.

This is not a ridiculous impeachment over lying about sex, or a hearing over the tragedy in Benghazi. This is about taking a stand against an out-of-control lame-duck President who tried to keep himself in office. This trial is about dealing with an attack on our whole democratic electoral system, on the Capitol itself. It is about re-asserting the power of Congress to stand against a mad President.

I personally have sometimes dreamt of seeing the impeachment and conviction of Presidents (of both parties) who lied and led us into murderous and totally unnecessary overseas military adventures. Of course these impeachments never happened. Yet now in D.C., in the heartland of our Republic and “empire,” political marketing and “America First” demagogy has succeeded ... in dividing the minds and hearts of Americans ... rather than Iraqis, Russians or Chinese.

Many of our own obsessions as a nation led to Jan. 6th, and its shadow will lie over our Republic for a long time. I think if this Senate doesn’t make an example of our most dangerous and outrageous recent demagogue we will be guaranteeing further more serious political mob action and even coup adventures in the future.

This is not a “show trial.” Well, just perhaps it will go down in history as a “show trial” ... if our people and politicians treat it as one. If few Republicans rise to the occasion and do their duty, if Donald Trump is not repudiated in the most severe Constitutional manner possible, then we are “showing” that we treat our great Republic and its institutions as crap.

It’s our Republic ... if we can keep it.

Why is this piece of trash littering the Constitution forum ?

I just listened to the Senate Trial Presentations and have a few thoughts. Others will disagree, even violently. Listen to my thoughts, and then I’ll listen to yours...

The “House Managers” just refuted what I thought were preposterous Republican arguments that the Constitution won’t even allow for a trial of impeached ex-president Trump. I come away more than ever impressed with the Constitutional importance of what is now at stake.

This is not a ridiculous impeachment over lying about sex, or a hearing over the tragedy in Benghazi. This is about taking a stand against an out-of-control lame-duck President who tried to keep himself in office. This trial is about dealing with an attack on our whole democratic electoral system, on the Capitol itself. It is about re-asserting the power of Congress to stand against a mad President.

I personally have sometimes dreamt of seeing the impeachment and conviction of Presidents (of both parties) who lied and led us into murderous and totally unnecessary overseas military adventures. Of course these impeachments never happened. Yet now in D.C., in the heartland of our Republic and “empire,” political marketing and “America First” demagogy has succeeded ... in dividing the minds and hearts of Americans ... rather than Iraqis, Russians or Chinese.

Many of our own obsessions as a nation led to Jan. 6th, and its shadow will lie over our Republic for a long time. I think if this Senate doesn’t make an example of our most dangerous and outrageous recent demagogue we will be guaranteeing further more serious political mob action and even coup adventures in the future.

This is not a “show trial.” Well, just perhaps it will go down in history as a “show trial” ... if our people and politicians treat it as one. If few Republicans rise to the occasion and do their duty, if Donald Trump is not repudiated in the most severe Constitutional manner possible, then we are “showing” that we treat our great Republic and its institutions as crap.

It’s our Republic ... if we can keep it.
Unfortunately, the die is cast on the vote to convict.

The GQP'ers are putting their political ambitions over the Constitution. Not exactly a shock.

Is this the only explanation for the way they vote ?

As to rioting dangerous people, look to the left.

whataboutism Peers to be the best argument for the DJTQ 1/6 RIOT deniers

Look at the left for what? If they ever stormed the US Capitol for the purpose of overturning an election by violent means because their sore loser asshole candidate lost, please do let us all know when that happened.

Look at the left for what? If they ever stormed the US Capitol for the purpose of overturning an election by violent means because their sore loser asshole candidate lost, please do let us all know when that happened.

Your excuse to ignore 5 years of riots well pretending to be upset about a few hours,

makes you look like a completely dishonest fool.

“President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day. No question about it.” Mitch

Why do you talk like a baby?

Why do you talk about nothing at all?

I do know that the person at the top of the republican party right now, Mitch McConnell, says Trump is responsible for the riot, but didn’t convict DJTQ because he’s no longer in office and he thinks the courts are the place do it?

Hell of a speech from Mitch.
"There's no question, none, that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day. No question about it. The people that stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president," McConnell said. "And having that belief was a foreseeable consequence of the growing crescendo of false statements, conspiracy theories and reckless hyperbole, which the defeated president kept shouting into the largest megaphone on the Earth," McConnell added.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/senate/538772-mcconnell-unloads-on-trump-morally-responsible-f

I’m bi-partisan on DJTQ being morally and patient responsible for the riot. Why aren’t you?

Last edited:
Why do you talk like a baby?

Why do you talk about nothing at all?

I do know that the person at the top of the republican party right now, Mitch McConnell, says Trump is responsible for the riot, but didn’t convict DJTQ because he’s no longer in office and he thinks the courts are the place do it?

Hell of a speech for all Mitch.

"There's no question, none, that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day. No question about it. The people that stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president," McConnell said. "And having that belief was a foreseeable consequence of the growing crescendo of false statements, conspiracy theories and reckless hyperbole, which the defeated president kept shouting into the largest megaphone on the Earth," McConnell added.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/senate/538772-mcconnell-unloads-on-trump-morally-responsible-f

You don't care about his opinion and neither do I.

So, why are you showing it as though you do?

Because not only do you talk like a baby, but you are also a liar.

What is wrong with you dude? You don’t know what I care about. Every time you pull that crap it’s a lie. I care a hell of a lot about what Mitch McConnell said. Mainly because it proves you’re a freaking idiot believing Trump had nothing to do with the DJTQ1/6RIOT. Q And TRUMP flags were flying gloriously over the Trump mob.

The US military used acronyms just about every communication they write. Really? talking like babies? You’re an idiot.

What is wrong with you dude? You don’t know what I care about. Every time you pull that crap it’s a lie. I care a hell of a lot about what Mitch McConnell said. Mainly because it proves you’re a freaking idiot believing Trump had nothing to do with the DJTQ1/6RIOT. Q And TRUMP flags were flying gloriously over the Trump mob.

The US military used acronyms just about every communication they write. Really? talking like babies? You’re an idiot.

You pretend to care because you can use his words right now. The moment he disagrees with you, you will be back to pretending he is a comicbook super villain, like you do with any republican that is a problem for your agenda.

You are just throwing shit out there, a lot, to keep up the illusion that your asinine accusations must have some weight, because so many people are talking about them.

And, you talk like a retarded baby.

And, you talk like a retarded baby.
You are just throwing shit out there,
You pretend to care

This crap really ramps up right after I post several questions to you that you cannot answer because they kill your arguments right.

Nope. Sometimes I just don't have the patience to put up with libs talking like retarded babies.

None of your questions are difficult.

All of your position is a weak ass attempt to pretend to be upset over a small riot after you ignored 5 years of riots,

so, basically, you are a liar.

Why can’t you explain why DJTQ ignored McC’s plea for help from one fellow human being to another? It had nothing to do with a chain of command or anything like that.

IF DJTQ had nothing to do with the rioters at the Capitol except that they were possibly following him on Twitter, still, why not give it a shot. Post a tweet “STOP” get out of the Capitol now - no Stopping the Steal with violence and rioting.”

Why not?

Why can’t you explain why DJTQ ignored McC’s plea for help from one fellow human being to another? It had nothing to do with a chain of command or anything like that.

IF DJTQ had nothing to do with the rioters at the Capitol except that they were possibly following him on Twitter, still, why not give it a shot. Post a tweet “STOP” get out of the Capitol now - no Stopping the Steal with violence and rioting.”

Why not?

Because there is no such person. YOur baby talk is meaningless partisan pap.

Because there is no such person.

Why can’t you explain why Donald J Trump ignored KEVIN McCathy’s plea for help from one fellow human being to another? It had nothing to do with a chain of command or anything like that.

IF Donald J Trump had nothing to do with the rioters at the Capitol except that they were possibly following him on Twitter, still, why not give it a shot. Post a tweet “STOP” get out of the Capitol now - no Stopping the Steal with violence and rioting.

Does that help you freaking coward?

Because there is no such person.

Why can’t you explain why Donald J Trump ignored KEVIN McCathy’s plea for help from one fellow human being to another? It had nothing to do with a chain of command or anything like that.

IF Donald J Trump had nothing to do with the rioters at the Capitol except that they were possibly following him on Twitter, still, why not give it a shot. Post a tweet “STOP” get out of the Capitol now - no Stopping the Steal with violence and rioting.

Does that help you freaking coward?

Your inability to ask a question without peppering it with some type of partisan pap, is what this is all about.

All your concerns have been seriously addressed many times.

you are just repeating them over and over again, to create the illusion of reasonable doubt, though the Logical Fallacy of Proof by Assertion used as a propaganda strategy.

All your concerns have been seriously addressed many times.

Liar, you dodged that question by going off on that ‘chain of command’ bullshit. You answered nothing.

Do you have any explanation on a purely human level why Donald J Trump would ignore a plea for immediate help from a high ranking Congressman who voted against certifying the election as Trump wanted?

Kevin McCarthy called Trump and asked him to call off the rioters. He called, presumably because, if not for fearing for his own life, he feared that every person working in the that building could be injured or killed.. From janitors to staff to the man one heartbeat from the presidency itself.

Donald J Trump didn’t respond to the request. He ignored it. But he still could tweet. Moments later he tweeted that Mike Pence was a coward. In real time, that tweet was being read verbatim by a rioter, further inciting the mob - Hang Mike Pence Hang Mike Pence Hang Mike Pence!!

What kind of human being does that? Refusing to help a friend and coworker? Refusing to do something as easy as sending out a tweet from the Safety of the White House.

I am looking for an explanation. I don’t see how any decent moral human being can lack basic feeling for others in real danger when they can do something to help.

I don’t know how Donald J Trump did nothing.

Why can’t you help my to understand why that obscene, heartless immoral behavior was just fine in your mind?

Any other fallacies you want to throw into your so-called argument.

Let's look at a few:

Riots don't only occur at the U.S. Capitol.

Riots don't only occur because of election outcomes.

You have no definition of an asshole that is agreed upon.

So your question is moot.

Shall we continue ?

Forum List

Back