West should build bridges with Russia after end of Ukrainian conflict

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
West should build bridges with Russia after end of Ukrainian conflict, expert says

Gerald Hyman, the senior advisor at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, suggested persuading the Russian leaders "to negotiate a tolerable resolution, and to provide clear benefits for doing so"

Remote : Sun, 23 Apr 2023 01:03:09 +0300
Local : 2023-04-23(Sunday) 00 : 03 : 09

Found via NicerApp WebOS

i *also* think that the Ukranian conflict can not be solved by military force alone.
not with Beijing, North-Korea, Iran and Turkey backing the Russians.

how about you people?

West should build bridges with Russia after end of Ukrainian conflict, expert says

Gerald Hyman, the senior advisor at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, suggested persuading the Russian leaders "to negotiate a tolerable resolution, and to provide clear benefits for doing so"

Found via NicerApp WebOS

i *also* think that the Ukranian conflict can not be solved by military force alone.

how about you people?
or not and say we did,,,

Found via NicerApp WebOS

how about you people?
Yea like that will ever happen with warmongering idiots like Biden in charge.

These people have wanted this war for a long time.

Some of us have interest in munitions manufacturing ... are we just supposed to stop waxing our LearJets or something ... War puts people to work ... War puts food in people bellies ... War puts milk in baby bottles ...

That's the knock on the Slavs ... they're all murderous ... so, best they murder each other ... they need to solve their own problems, it's been a thousand years, you'd think they'd have made some progress ...

Some of us have interest in munitions manufacturing ... are we just supposed to stop waxing our LearJets or something ... War puts people to work ... War puts food in people bellies ... War puts milk in baby bottles ...

that's the harshest thinking i've ever heard anyone utter.
what about all those lives (including those of babies and toddlers) that are *destroyed* or *crippled* by war?

That's the knock on the Slavs ... they're all murderous ... so, best they murder each other ... they need to solve their own problems, it's been a thousand years, you'd think they'd have made some progress ...

we (the West) fostered and then ignited this war, by letting Zelensky and his gang of "leaders" stall the Minsk Agreement negotiations into perpetuity.
we should not have done that.
but there's still time to correct that mistake.

that's the harshest thinking i've ever heard anyone utter.
what about all those lives (including those of babies and toddlers) that are *destroyed* or *crippled* by war?

"Just the children, right?" -- Jim Varney

If that's the harshest thing you've ever heard, you've lived a sheltered life ... this is a capitalist axiom, War is good for the economy ... and anything is better than what the Ukrainian economy was before the Russians invaded ... they were the laughing stock of Europe ... This is the Alabama of Europe ... poor and stupid ...

we (the West) fostered and then ignited this war, by letting Zelensky and his gang of "leaders" stall the Minsk Agreement negotiations into perpetuity.
we should not have done that.
but there's still time to correct that mistake.

I understand ... this is Russian territory full of Russian peoples ... Ukraine is not a country separate from Russia, not anymore than Texas is a separate country from the United States ... and Texas is full of Americans, just like The Ukraine is full of Russians ...

Just like western Poland was German territory full of Germans in 1939 ... we should never have interfered with Germany regaining her lost peoples ... right? ...

I think there's money to be made wrenching Ukraine away from Russia ... have her join the EU and give the grain to the UN anti-starvation schemes ... let the farmers there enjoy the riches of their hard labor in the fields ... have them buy consumer goods produced by our friends in Europe ...

Russia is invited to join with the rest of Europe ... but she has to stop invading her neighbors ... right now ... we have peace when Russia withdraws, and pays for the damage ... "for how can there be peace before there is justice" -- Marcus Garvey ...

I suspect Western sanctions will remain in effect for some time.
(Unless Republicans take control)

Found via NicerApp WebOS

how about you people?
Rule number one of keeping people happy.

Have an enemy that they can all attack and feel good about themselves.
After the fall of the USSR the Republicans struggled, then ibn Laden came along and it was easy. But being anti-Muslim but pro-oil has its complications. Russia is much easier to hate. But then the Republicans seem to have chosen to support Russia over Democrats these days.

Found via NicerApp WebOS

how about you people?
We as the people of the earth realize that war begets ever more war. I mean if war stopped war then wars would have stopped @ the time of the Akkadians & Barbarians conflict. Diplomacy combined with a functional military adequate to discourage an attack are the two ingredients needed to prevent war between the nations. We know from past history that diplomacy alone will not stop an aggressive nation from attacking a strictly diplomatic but unarmed nation, no more than diplomacy alone will not prevent a woman from being raped by a rapist. Likewise a nation that depends strictly upon military might alone, without diplomacy will ALWAYS be @ war.

Diplomacy combined with a countries constituency that backs peaceful resolutions over conflict is obviously the way to go when possible. Why waste human life in military conflict when folks could be enjoying their neighbors? Think of countries as neighborhoods here! The bogeyman of course is the problem associated with the current state of our human condition(human nature). Considering the amount of current violence going on around our Blue Marble diplomacy/peace among the nations looks slim. Then there is the problem with mental illness such as narcissism ESPECIALLY narcissism that has progressed to the npd level(now becoming common).

Yes, I say give diplomacy a chance(what has humanity got to lose?) like why not as it's better than bodies in body bags!

"Just the children, right?" -- Jim Varney

If that's the harshest thing you've ever heard, you've lived a sheltered life ... this is a capitalist axiom, War is good for the economy ... and anything is better than what the Ukrainian economy was before the Russians invaded ... they were the laughing stock of Europe ... This is the Alabama of Europe ... poor and stupid ...

i don't care much for capitalist axioms. "rich getting richer at the expense of the poor", "war is good for the economy", "the people just need to do as they're told", capitalism is rife with idiotic axioms that can and should be replaced with wise humane thinking.

I understand ... this is Russian territory full of Russian peoples ... Ukraine is not a country separate from Russia, not anymore than Texas is a separate country from the United States ... and Texas is full of Americans, just like The Ukraine is full of Russians ...

Just like western Poland was German territory full of Germans in 1939 ... we should never have interfered with Germany regaining her lost peoples ... right? ...

to go from Texas to WW2 Poland is a bit of a stretch. you've just broken a thread! :p ;)
the Donbass region is full of Russian speakers who indicated in 2 seperate referendums that they want to be a part of Russia.

I think there's money to be made wrenching Ukraine away from Russia ... have her join the EU and give the grain to the UN anti-starvation schemes ... let the farmers there enjoy the riches of their hard labor in the fields ... have them buy consumer goods produced by our friends in Europe ...
most of that grain is going to European livestock, not UN anti-starvation schemes.
and those capitalists you so admire, they still want to raise the price of meat in the supermarkets, regardless of that.
Russia is invited to join with the rest of Europe ... but she has to stop invading her neighbors ... right now ... we have peace when Russia withdraws, and pays for the damage ... "for how can there be peace before there is justice" -- Marcus Garvey ...
to force them to pay for the damages will be a stretch too far.
it's political greed.

Last edited:
Rule number one of keeping people happy.

Have an enemy that they can all attack and feel good about themselves.
After the fall of the USSR the Republicans struggled, then ibn Laden came along and it was easy. But being anti-Muslim but pro-oil has its complications. Russia is much easier to hate. But then the Republicans seem to have chosen to support Russia over Democrats these days.
what makes you say that Republicans seem to have chosen to support Russia over Democrats these days?
coz i must've missed those headlines...

what makes you say that Republicans seem to have chosen to support Russia over Democrats these days?
coz i must've missed those headlines...

You missed those headlines?

"Marjorie Taylor Greene and Thomas Massie have voted against almost every single bill passed by the House to counter Russia's invasion of Ukraine"

You missed this headline?

100% .
But I find it near possible to believe .
Neither side trusts the other and that might take at least a generation to change much .
I happen to believe that the US is presently in huge trouble on multiple fronts and I imagine Moscow computers are showing the present as the best time to exact the greatest concessions from the US or just ignore them completely , up to the point of genuinely fostering a nuclear weapons war climate .

After totally mishandling the phenomenal opportunity the Gorbachev's wise administration offered, there is little hope that today's "diplomats" could do better. America and the rest of the world missed the boat and Russia, along with everyone else, has been paying ever since.

Forum List

Back