China calls for Russia-Ukraine cease-fire, peace talks

There is no peace process.

I had though that China wanted to be seen as a peacemaker, an international player, like Clinton in the Balkans in the 1990s, some people get off on that, improve their image, go down in history.
Then I read a BBC article. Yes, take it with a pinch of salt.

"

China and the Ukraine war: The real reason for Beijing's charm offensive"​

"Firstly, it [China] clearly seeks to position itself as a global peacemaker."

So, I'm not wrong, according to the BBC

"But another goal is to send a clear message to the US."

""There is an element of defiance," said Alexander Korolev, an expert in Sino-Russian ties at the University of New South Wales. "It is signalling: 'If things get ugly between us, I have someone to go to. Russia is not alone, which means that I will not be alone when there is a confrontation… don't get comfortable in bullying me.'""

"There was a third goal, and it could be seen in Mr Wang's itinerary.
By visiting France, Germany, Italy and Hungary, whose leaders China perceives as taking less of a hardline stance on Russia, Mr Wang may have been testing the waters to see if China could lure some of Europe into China's orbit."

Essentially, China is trying to assert itself internationally. Look like a peacemaker, look like an international player, get countries on its side rather than the US's side.
What does China want from the war in the Ukraine? Peace no matter how it happens. Peace means more money, and China needs more and more and more money.

The reason why the "peace process" isn't happen, I believe, is because China went to Russia, and Putin said "fuck off, the only way you're getting peace is if I win". This encourages China to support Russia to get it all over with.
any willingness to be a peacemaker should not be shoved aside as merely political posturing, according to me.

So the article is saying peace means more money for China and war means more money for the U.S.

And we are to take what from this?
that we are currently on a path to our demise, as the western alliance.
we have to re-market ourselves as the premier manufacturer of arms and armies, but one that recognizes the rights of all other regions on Earth to rule their backyards as they see fit.
any attempt by us to stay the greatest power on Earth will lead us to the fate of the Roman Empire or a similar fate.

any willingness to be a peacemaker should not be shoved aside as merely political posturing, according to me.

I think a lot of what China does (and the US) comes under the banner of "should not...."
I could gone a massive rant about the CCP... but I won't.

The history of the CCP is open for all to see.
Putin invaded Ukraine. The first measure to be taken is for this invasion to stop. The second is withdrawal.
Consequences of this crime can only be figured out after the two initial steps.
Any peace proposals that ignore the first two steps are only support for Putin.

we should give this proper attention and a real chance of success.

Will China even invite Biden to the Peace summit or just make him pay for the venue?

The history of the CCP is open for all to see.
Putin invaded Ukraine. The first measure to be taken is for this invasion to stop. The second is withdrawal.
Consequences of this crime can only be figured out after the two initial steps.
Any peace proposals that ignore the first two steps are only support for Putin.
No way Putin would agree to letting Ukrainian Nazis back on his front door and let them continue to kill Russians in Donbass

we should give this proper attention and a real chance of success.
Who's "we"? Neither Ukraine, Russia, nor China started the war. "We" did and "we" have no intention of ending it.

Who's "we"? Neither Ukraine, Russia, nor China started the war. "We" did and "we" have no intention of ending it.
my people have this proverb : where there's 2 fighting, there's 2 guilty.
and that certainly applies to the Russian-Ukranian problems.
the East has been fighting the West (and vice-versa!) ever since the world wars.

my people have this proverb : where there's 2 fighting, there's 2 guilty.
and that certainly applies to the Russian-Ukranian problems.
the East has been fighting the West (and vice-versa!) ever since the world wars.
True-true. The issue is that in Post Cold War it is the US that is bent on expanding against all agreements on ending the cold war. I'm sure it can be argued that Russia is guilty (in some ways) but the full-blown aggressor is the US with its NATO and eventual Military-Industrial complex mentality. Studying the Donbas it is clear that Russia has some solid justification in the region that can be settled without bloodshed in a way that is prosperous for both Russia and Ukraine. Ukraine & Russia have been willing to come to an agreement(s) over the matter but the US (once again just as in so many puppet regimes the US has installed) is using Zelinsky as a tool (downright dupe) to carry out America's imperialistic-like efforts to rule much of the world in the same-old, same-old Fascist way.

True-true. The issue is that in Post Cold War it is the US that is bent on expanding against all agreements on ending the cold war. I'm sure it can be argued that Russia is guilty (in some ways) but the full-blown aggressor is the US with its NATO and eventual Military-Industrial complex mentality
Ah, a tankie.

That is, a fascist.

Tankies have gone so far left, they're now hard-right in their outlooks.

The best thing now? Seeing all the tankie tears over the failure of Russian fascism.

Zelinsky will never engage in peace negotiations. Peace has two disastrous drawbacks. The money from the US stops and pensions and salaries aren't paid. The Kickback to Biden stops. Is Putin getting a payment to keep this going? He's the only one not getting a payday.
Every day Zelenskyy maintains this territorial conflict is a day that he gets to line his pockets with American tax dollars. For him ... this conflict is a cash cow. He doesn't care about Ukrainians or peace. He cares about money and power. He's just a little tyrant who's gained favor with the D.C. Swamp Creatures thanks to his masterful ability to launder money and line the pockets of Democrats and RINOs.

Zelinsky will never engage in peace negotiations. Peace has two disastrous drawbacks. The money from the US stops and pensions and salaries aren't paid. The Kickback to Biden stops. Is Putin getting a payment to keep this going? He's the only one not getting a payday.
⬅️ ..... and ..... ➡️
Every day Zelenskyy maintains this territorial conflict is a day that he gets to line his pockets with American tax dollars. For him ... this conflict is a cash cow. He doesn't care about Ukrainians or peace. He cares about money and power. He's just a little tyrant who's gained favor with the D.C. Swamp Creatures thanks to his masterful ability to launder money and line the pockets of Democrats and RINOs.
It is a wonderful thing to see a dialogue between two people both of whom see the facts, understand the issue,s and make sensible conclusions. 🎯

Forum List

Back