We need better Voting Rights laws

Typical moron response! Red states have early voting. Why doesn't Delaware, Brandon's home state?
It does.

1. Voting in Delaware - Ballotpedia

https://ballotpedia.org/Voting_in_Delaware
    On June 30, 2019, Delaware Governor John Carney (D) signed a bill that established in-person early voting beginning January 1, 2022. The law allows voters to vote "in-person during at least 10 days before an election, up to and including the Saturday and Sunday immediately before the election at …

Typical moron response! Red states have early voting. Why doesn't Delaware, Brandon's home state?

Your accusation is also a lie because our voting machines can process about 30 ballots a minute. The number of ballots is tied to the registered voters. Again, this issue is with your city/county.

Mail-in ballots are fine if the voter actually requests an absentee ballot and provides sufficient idea. We have that in my state. Otherwise, it is ripe for voter fraud.

Next stupid excuse, please!

Do you realize there is no such thing as a federal election? There are 51 elections in the states and DC. Any law restricting those rights at a federal level is blatantly unconstitutional.
This next election will find a lot of people standing out in the cold for hours because they cannot be sure their mail-in ballots will not be thrown in the trash. You'll still not be satisfied.

It does.

1. Voting in Delaware - Ballotpedia

https://ballotpedia.org/Voting_in_Delaware
    On June 30, 2019, Delaware Governor John Carney (D) signed a bill that established in-person early voting beginning January 1, 2022. The law allows voters to vote "in-person during at least 10 days before an election, up to and including the Saturday and Sunday immediately before the election at …
Thanks for the correction. How many other red states do not?

This next election will find a lot of people standing out in the cold for hours because they cannot be sure their mail-in ballots will not be thrown in the trash. You'll still not be satisfied.
Why are they standing out in the cold? Why does it take hours?

That is YOUR city/county's problem. Fix it dumbass!

You think votes are thrown in the trash by the postal service?

The USPS is NOT a good idea for ballots. I mailed a document to my credit union in Florida last week with their priority mail (2-3 day delivery). It took 8 days to go from major city to major city.

If we just prosecuted State Secretaries of State for allowing election rule changes that violate state and/or federal constitutions, that would go a long way. Find out who paid these ballot harvesters and put them in jail. That will change behavior.

Once again, the main problem is not that we don't have enough laws. It's that we don't enforce current laws.

Everyone should be able to vote with as little fuss as possible. Turning it into a confrontational ordeal for certain people in certain areas has but one purpose.
Absolutely right, and that purpose is the integrity of the vote, and if you are inconvenienced a little, tough chit.

If it is open 24 hours, why do you need drive through voting, and how exactly would that work? In my polling place, you have to to verify your ID to get a ballot, complete the ballot in a booth, and then submit your ballot to a scanner for counting. That would require three separate stations in an already crowded location.
Drive through is needed for single mothers or mothers whose spouses work different hours or two jobs, who can't get baby sitters for the kids. They can vote, with having their babies or young kids in tow, in the car.

I'm uncertain on the details of how it is done, but I believe they drive up, a worker checks their ID and whether they are registered to vote, among checks on other things like have they already requested or gotten an absentee ballot or voted in person, the person receives an absentee ballot, fills everything out, drives to another line, to turn it in....???

Whatever the rules, it can be done safely with CHECKS.

Right wing Heritage Fondation has sat up a database chronicling proven acts of voter fraud.

They found 1,098 cases. Not in 2020...but going back to last century!

The elections are quite secure. What we really need is to compress and codify in the clearest terms possible the process after the election. There is no reason on God's green earth why it should take 2 months to count 538 electoral votes. And as we saw with Mara-Lard-Ass that you can no longer trust the loser of the election to think about the best interest of the nation and create a smooth transition. The whole kit and caboodle should be bone by December 1. On December 2, by law, the president-elect's staff should have access to the workings of every department in the executive branch. So on 1/20, they are up to speed and ready to go.

If we just prosecuted State Secretaries of State for allowing election rule changes that violate state and/or federal constitutions, that would go a long way. Find out who paid these ballot harvesters and put them in jail. That will change behavior.

Once again, the main problem is not that we don't have enough laws. It's that we don't enforce current laws.
It took lawsuits to get determination of what was done to determine what an SOS can or could do in each State according to their own election laws and State constitutions.

The voters chose Biden and fired Trump, regardless of what SOSs did. The voters followed the rules they were given, to vote legitimately.... And that is why any court cases resolved AFTER the voters cast their votes under the rules at the time can NOT be stripped from these voters....the voters have a constitutional right, for their votes, to be counted...the citizens have the right to pick their government representation.

Why are they standing out in the cold? Why does it take hours?

That is YOUR city/county's problem. Fix it dumbass!

You think votes are thrown in the trash by the postal service?

The USPS is NOT a good idea for ballots. I mailed a document to my credit union in Florida last week with their priority mail (2-3 day delivery). It took 8 days to go from major city to major city.
Have you ever had to wait an unreasonably long time to vote? Pretty sure you haven't or you would not be acting like you have no idea. It's absolutely infuriating especially when you know the richey riches and the geezers on the other side of town probably didn't even have to wait. They have all the time in the world to mosey on down to the polling place while you had to work. Early voting has somewhat de-fanged this particular voter suppression tactic. Now you know why republicans oppose early voting.

In a huge surprise, completely in line with their position on immigration laws, libs want to make it easier for the violators.

Have you ever had to wait an unreasonably long time to vote? Pretty sure you haven't or you would not be acting like you have no idea. It's absolutely infuriating especially when you know the richey riches and the geezers on the other side of town probably didn't even have to wait. They have all the time in the world to mosey on down to the polling place while you had to work. Early voting has somewhat de-fanged this particular voter suppression tactic. Now you know why republicans oppose early voting.
Our polls were open from 7 am to 7 pm before early voting. They still are!

Why would I have ever had to wait in line? I was working every election day. I always voted at 7 am on my way to work. Last election, because of COVID, we had ONE polling place for my county of over 100.000 people and we had early voting for about a week. I voted early because of the expected crowds. I waited about 3 minutes in a line that literally was about 100 feet long.

At my regular polling place, I may have had one person in front of me to vote and that was usually my wife or daughter.

Our polls are open from 7 am to 7 pm before early voting. They still are! Why would I have ever had to wait in line? I was working every election day. I always voted at 7 am on my way to work. Last election, because of COVID, we had ONE polling place for my county of over 100.000 people. At my regular polling palce, I may have had one person in front of e to vote and that was usually my wife or daughter.
Well good for you. This November when you see people on TV standing in the cold waiting hours to vote remember that it's deliberate. Maybe you can even manage to give a shit.

Well good for you. This November when you see people on TV standing in the cold waiting hours to vote remember that it's deliberate. Maybe you can even manage to give a shit.
That has not a fucking thing to do with federal laws. That is YOUR location's elected officials. Fix your own damned problems!

Besides, if they are standing in the cold in November, they need to move, you fucking dipshit! It means you live in Minnesota! The high temp on November 1st is normally 50 degrees F. If they freeze at 50 degrees, they are not in the shape to vote and need an absentee ballot.

What is your next excuse that can be obliterated in a matter of seconds?

That has not a fucking thing to do with federal laws. That is YOUR location's elected officials. Fix your own damned problems!

Besides, if they are standing in the cold in November, they need to move, you fucking dipshit! It means you live in Minnesota! The high temp on November 1st is normally 50 degrees F. If they freeze at 50 degrees, they are not in the shape to vote and need an absentee ballot.

What is your next excuse that can be obliterated in a matter of seconds?
As long as you are alright that's all that matters.

Your accusation is also a lie because our voting machines can process about 30 ballots a minute. The number of ballots is tied to the registered voters. Again, this issue is with your city/county.

Mail-in ballots are fine if the voter actually requests an absentee ballot and provides sufficient idea. We have that in my state. Otherwise, it is ripe for voter fraud.

Next stupid excuse, please!

Do you realize there is no such thing as a federal election? There are 51 elections in the states and DC. Any law restricting those rights at a federal level is blatantly unconstitutional.
A DOJ leader attempted to call a parent protesting the rape of his daughter in a school by a boy in a dress in a bathroom and he nd all parents were called terrorists and were to be charged as terrorists. This DOJ leader was nominated to be a Supreme court judge and called a moderate. So tell us how Progs have been cheated.

Forum List

Back