Zone1 We all crucified Jesus... get over it?

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022
The Jews didn't kill Jesus... or at least not by themselves anyhow..

Pontius Pilate was very guilty.. since he knew Jesus was innocent

But you and I are the ones who killed Him 2000+ years ago and we kill Him over and over again, every time we sin, especially mortal sin

face reality

But you and I are the ones who killed Him 2000+ years ago and we kill Him over and over again, every time we sin, especially mortal sin

face reality

I was out of town at the time
Must have been some guy who looks like me

In fact, Pilate was convinced he was guilty of blasphemy.

But first some questions need to be answered on whether the story should be taken literally. The question is, was he the king of the Jews. Literal understandings of the story suggest otherwise in that he was a mortal man who didn't earn the title, and most likely performed no miracles. This suggests that he was indeed guilty of blasphemy, for which he was executed.

Can any Christian provide evidence that he was the king of the Jews?

face reality
You're setting the bar low with rhetoric instead of the literal truth.

• Banned
I havent killed anyone. What a weird claim!
If you sin, you have to repent and get back on the right track with God. The process is like a crucifixion.. depending on how bad the sin was. Sins of the flesh are the worst... which is why I gave up the opposite sex a LONNNNNGGGGGGGGGGg time ago...

"If your foot causes you to stumble" Jesus said "Cut it off and cast it from you"

Advice: Don't let a certain body part make you stumble... !

:biggrin:

• Banned
In fact, Pilate was convinced he was guilty of blasphemy.

But first some questions need to be answered on whether the story should be taken literally. The question is, was he the king of the Jews. Literal understandings of the story suggest otherwise in that he was a mortal man who didn't earn the title, and most likely performed no miracles. This suggests that he was indeed guilty of blasphemy, for which he was executed.

Can any Christian provide evidence that he was the king of the Jews?
Believe what you want

I believe objective truth

If you sin, you have to repent and get back on the right track with God. The process is like a crucifixion.. depending on how bad the sin was. Sins of the flesh are the worst... which is why I gave up the opposite sex a LONNNNNGGGGGGGGGGg time ago...

"If your foot causes you to stumble" Jesus said "Cut it off and cast it from you"

Advice: Don't let a certain body part make you stumble... !

:biggrin:
I dont sin, goddamnit.

I guess you didnt catch what I did there... lol
oh, the GD word?

I don't consider that a big sin, so I guess that's why I didn't get it at first. Using the Lord's name in vain would be (one example) someone opening a Christian book store just to make money off Christians, using God's name to make $$ instead of having the more pure desire of honoring him or furthering his kingdom.. Words, on the other hand, even GD, are just words (to some of us anyhow)

Pilate never accused Jesus of blasphemy so I don't get that charge ?

unless poster is just saying that the Jews accused him of such so Pilate figured they must be right... they were rabbis, after all

Forum List

Back