Was Trump 'obligated' to pursue corruption in Ukraine?

Feel free to provide the evidence of the corruption 'committed by the dems'.

Do you think Trump was obligated to ask a foreign country to look into corruption?

Uranium one. Bidens son taking in tens of millions from countries his dad was responsible for in the obummer admin.
Clinton foundation donations STOPPING the day after the shrilary lost the election.

All of this obvious if you're not a political whore.

I said evidence- not the mindless pratting of right wing conspiracy yokels.

Hells bells- Uranium one is particularly ironic since Trump has unilaterally given nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia.

That is evidence dumbshit. It's called prima facie evidence.

Look it up.

Its called the mindless pratting of right wing conspiracy yokels.

Hell by that standard of 'evidence' Trump is guilty of all sorts of crimes from sexual assault to obstruction of justice.

Only because you don't care if progressives do it. Hypocrites are a dime a dozen on the left, that's for sure

I suspect you don't know how amazingly and hilariously ironic your post is.

Anything in the Constitution that requires him to keep quiet about possible crime?

No but Trump has certainly been very good about keeping quiet about possible crime- unless he can use the name "Biden" in the same sentence.

Note again- no such effort when it came to Manafort. No such effort in general- go back and read the transcript again - Trump never addresses corruption - he only asks for the Biden's to be investigated- along with the mythical DNC server.

Where have you been? I think maybe he's mentioned the Clinton crime family a time or two and that the American People elected him in the first place largely to fight corruption. Not excluding Biden's.

What 'Clinton crime family'? Oh wait.....just another Trump and Trumpette wild accusation.

If the voters did elect him to 'fight' corruption- why is the only 'example' of that effort calling on Ukraine and China to investigate two people- both named Biden?

Not Paul Manafort for example......

Any country that gets US money, the President is obligated to pursue any form of corruption in that country and to withhold funds if necessary.

Okay I think we are getting somewhere- you Trumpkins appear to all agree on this.

Not that its actually in the Constitution but that the President has that obligation to pursue any form of corruption in that country that gets U.S. aid- right?

We have a treaty to do that you fucking moron.

Ah I can see I am getting under the tiny thin skin of the Trumpettes here.

No- our treaty doesn't obligate Trump to ask Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden.
Our treaty means that Ukraine would be obligated to assist the United States in a criminal investigation- for instance if the FBI went to them for assistance.
And it would mean the U.S. would be obligated to help Ukraine if Ukraine asked for assistance.

But no the treaty doesn't obligate Trump to demand that Ukraine dig up dirt on his political rival.

Given the obsessive compulsion of Democrats to uncover such corruption, they should be celebrating President Trump's interest in doing just what they have claimed to want done for the past 3-4 years.

Well President Trump is not exactly leading a charge against corruption- is he?

The only 'corruption' he claims to be pursuing is when the said 'corruption' can be mentioned in the same sentence as "Biden"

Isn't it quite a coincidence that this is the only 'corruption' that Trump has ever asked foreign countries to investigate?

People like you are simply stupefying.
Your control bots hid the 500+ words between biden and look into.
The corruption was about an election that he had already won.

Please share with the class the 'corruption' that Trump has pursued with foreign countries that does not involve the name 'Biden'.

It's in the phone call transcript you fucking moron.

You thin skinned trumpetters are so easily offended.
here I will be glad to share that 'transcript'- point out where Trump mentions 'corruption'- (hint he doesn't)
Read the transcript of Trump's conversation with Volodymyr Zelensky - CNNPolitics

The President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you're surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you do it if that's possible.

President Zelenskyy: Yes it is very important for me and everything that you just mentioned earlier. For me as a President, it is very important and we are open for any future cooperation. We are ready to open a new page on cooperation in relations between the United States and Ukraine. For that purpose, I just recalled our ambassador from United States and he will be replaced by a very competent and very experienced ambassador who will work hard on making sure that our two nations are getting closer. I would also like and hope to see him having your trust and your confidence and have personal relations with you so we can cooperate even more so. I will personally tell you that one of my assistants spoke with Mr. Giuliani just recently and we are hoping very much that Mr. Giuliani will be able to travel to Ukraine and we will meet once he comes to Ukraine. I just wanted to assure you once again that you have nobody but friends around us. I will make sure that I surround myself with the best and most experienced people. I also wanted to tell you that we are friends. We are great friends and you Mr. President have friends in our country so we can continue our strategic partnership. I also plan to surround myself with great people and in addition to that investigation, I guarantee as the President of Ukraine that all the investigations will be done openly and candidly.. That I can assure you.
The President: Good because I heard you had a prosecutor who was very good and he was shut down and that's really unfair. A lot of people are talking about that, the way they shut your very good prosecutor down and you had some very bad people involved. Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the mayor of New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to call you. I will ask him to call you along with the Attorney General. Rudy very much knows what's happening and he is a very capable guy. If you could speak to him that would be great. The former ambassador from the United States, the woman, was bad news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad news so I just want to let you know that. The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.

Well, he's the chief law enforcement officer of the land, and he had clear evidence of apparent corruption by Biden and his son.

Trump is not the chief law enforcement of the US. The AG is supposed to be that. Trump has not one bit of evidence of any corruption. Trump is the most corrupt President we have ever had.

Yeah- you would think that if American law enforcement had actual evidence of an American committing crimes in Ukraine, that they would actually provide it to the Ukrainian government.

But instead we have the President's personal attorney trying to convince Ukraine that a crime happened.

I love how the Trumpettes crow about the 'whiff of impropriety' about Hunter Biden being hired onto the board in Ukraine.....but are strangely silent about the 'whiff of impropriety' about the President's private attorney trying to convince Ukraine that his political rival committed crimes in Ukraine....

Trump claimed that he was obligated by the Constitution to talk to Ukraine about the Biden's and their supposed corruption.
"If you look and you read our Constitution and many other things, I have an obligation to look at corruption."
Is that true?

Where in the Constitution does it say that the President of the United States must 'look at corruption' in a foreign country?
How funny is it to hear our most corrupt president in over a century say he has an obligation to look at corruption. :lol:

And then he and Rudy the Hand Grenade hire two criminals to find it. BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

You really do like to run your mouth so run it some more and tell us just exactly how Trump is corrupt and what law he has broken. And were looking for specifics here so flapping your arms in the air just won't do.
My guess is your dog just won't hunt and you're nothing more than a loud mouthed asshole and bag of wind.
Patience. The articles of impeachment will list the laws he has broken. Don't worry.
Then let's get on with this farce. Hold the vote and publish the articles of impeachment. Not done yet, why not? Oh, wait, it's another Mueller report debacle.
Not done yet because there are a lot of witnesses to Trump's crimes and they all need to be heard from.

It took Republicans four years to impeach Clinton. They first tried to take him down with Whitewater. When that turned out to be a nothing burger, they moved on to Troopergate. When that failed, they moved on to Travelgate. When that failed, they moved on to Vince Foster's suicide. When that failed, they finally landed on a blowjob and a blue dress.

So what's the rush?

Let's put the pussy grabber under oath and grill him about his sex life. See what happens.

Still waiting for an explanation.
If Trump was legally obligated to press Ukraine to investigate the Biden's- why didn't he press Ukraine to investigate Paul Manafort?

Was it
a) Trump wasn't actually obligated to press Ukraine to investigate crimes in Ukraine or
b) Trump violated his oath of office by not pressing Ukraine to investigate Manafort.

??

Anything in the Constitution that requires him to keep quiet about possible crime?

No but Trump has certainly been very good about keeping quiet about possible crime- unless he can use the name "Biden" in the same sentence.

Note again- no such effort when it came to Manafort. No such effort in general- go back and read the transcript again - Trump never addresses corruption - he only asks for the Biden's to be investigated- along with the mythical DNC server.

Where have you been? I think maybe he's mentioned the Clinton crime family a time or two and that the American People elected him in the first place largely to fight corruption. Not excluding Biden's.

What 'Clinton crime family'? Oh wait.....just another Trump and Trumpette wild accusation.

If the voters did elect him to 'fight' corruption- why is the only 'example' of that effort calling on Ukraine and China to investigate two people- both named Biden?

Not Paul Manafort for example......

The vast majority of "wild accusations" are being made AGAINST the President. The Dims seem to love them.

Any country that gets US money, the President is obligated to pursue any form of corruption in that country and to withhold funds if necessary.

Okay I think we are getting somewhere- you Trumpkins appear to all agree on this.

Not that its actually in the Constitution but that the President has that obligation to pursue any form of corruption in that country that gets U.S. aid- right?

Our treaty means that Ukraine would be obligated to assist the United States in a criminal investigation- for instance if the FBI went to them for assistance.
And it would mean the U.S. would be obligated to help Ukraine if Ukraine asked for assistance.

But no the treaty doesn't obligate Trump to demand that Ukraine dig up dirt on his political rival.

The investigation is not about a political rival.

LOLOL

Trump solicited the president of Ukraine to look into Biddn getting a prosecutor fired -- and Biden is a political rival.

LOLOL

Trump solicited the president of Ukraine to look into Biddn getting a prosecutor fired -- and Biden is a political rival.

Nope

LOLOL

Nope
LOLOL

Your vacuous denial is noted and laughed at.

LOLOL

Nope
LOLOL

Your vacuous denial is noted and laughed at.

That's nice

Melodramatic outrage about the President committing an entirely proper act. How idiotic. Like there is something improper about suggesting that an American government official possibly coercing an official of a foreign government for private gain be investigated.

Trump claimed that he was obligated by the Constitution to talk to Ukraine about the Biden's and their supposed corruption.
"If you look and you read our Constitution and many other things, I have an obligation to look at corruption."
Is that true?

Where in the Constitution does it say that the President of the United States must 'look at corruption' in a foreign country?

The oath he took, to protect and defend the nation from all threats, foreign and domestic. NOWHERE does it state this ONLY has to do with war.

Game. Set. Match.

Is that true?

The oath he took, to protect and defend the nation from all threats, foreign and domestic. NOWHERE does it state this ONLY has to do with war.

Game. Set. Match.
Add Checkmate.

Is that true?

Game. Set. Match.
What the hell game are you playing by yourself?

I didn't mention war. You keep on playing whatever ball game you are playing by yourself.

Melodramatic outrage about the President committing an entirely proper act. How idiotic. Like there is something improper about suggesting that an American government official possibly coercing an official of a foreign government for private gain be investigated.

Like there is something improper for Congress to investigating a President's attempt to coerce an official of a foreign government for his own personal gain?

Face it- the only 'corruption' that Donald Trump has asked any foreign government to investigate is 'corruption' that can include 'Biden' in the same sentence.

And yes- asking two foreign governments including the Commies in China- to dig up dirt on a political rival is not a proper act.

Like there is something improper for Congress to investigating a President's attempt to coerce an official of a foreign government for his own personal gain?

Face it- the only 'corruption' that Donald Trump has asked any foreign government to investigate is 'corruption' that can include 'Biden' in the same sentence.

And yes- asking two foreign governments including the Commies in China- to dig up dirt on a political rival is not a proper act.

In what delusional world does suggesting an investigation equal "digging up dirt"? Maybe someone who speaks English could explain it to you.

You sad little booby. You loons hyperventilated for years about Russian Collusion in the 2016 election. As it turns out, Ukraine tried to interfere in our election, and it is perfectly appropriate for Trump to want to get to the bottom of it.

What's really going on here is that the Lefties are bathing in flop sweat over the imminent criminal indictments coming their way from the Barr-Durham investigations. This fouxtrage aimed at Trump is just a diversionary tactic - quite transparent and pathetic, and doomed to failure.

Forum List

Back