Was The Iraq War All About Oil?

Maybe if our Dope would do the pipeline it wouldn't be about oil.......now.

I think the neocons are still running the show but oil and pipelines certainly don't hurt.
Israel is safer.

Are you using words you don't understand, or do you realize Obama is a neocon?

I don't buy that for a second. They just tell him how high to jump. He hasn't a clue and Irsael, the neocons best friend, knows it.

Here's a chance fro the left to show how truly stupid and dysfunctional they are. Many commentators have written that "of course the war was primarily about getting Iraqi oil." (Go Google it if you dnt believe me).
Do you agree with that?

If it wasn't about oil, what was the point? If we went in just to free people, then we're stupider than the French. They didn't help us until we proved we could field a resistance on our own. We didn't demand that of the Iraqis, so the only conclusion that can be drawn is that it was about oil.

We went in to destabilize the whole region to make the Mid East safer for Israel. Oil was just a nice by product.

Similar to American Christian Right's Vision - According to author Craig Unger, the ideology of “ACB” is, in essence, a secularized version of the theology of the American Christian Right. Christian Zionists insist that Jews were ordained by God to reclaim the Biblican land of Judea and Samaria in the West Bank; the paper asserts that claim as well. The paper echoes Christian fundamentalists by demanding “the unconditional acceptance of Arabs of our rights, especially in their territorial dimension.” Perle and his fellow neoconservatives want to push the boundaries even further: the Bible can be interpreted to countenance Jewish dominion over all or parts of Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, and even Saudi Arabia. Thusly, the authors claim that Israel and the US, by waging war against Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon, would reshape the “strategic environment” in the Middle East and greatly expand Israel’s influence in the region.

Context of 'July 8, 1996: Neoconservative Think Tank Advocates Aggressive Israeli Foreign Policy'

Overall, yes. It was a combination of getting the oil flowing into the world market, and also Saddam threatening to sell oil in Euros.

If we wanted to get Iraq's oil flowing to world markets all we had to do was lift sanctions.
So that's a fail.

Here's a chance fro the left to show how truly stupid and dysfunctional they are. Many commentators have written that "of course the war was primarily about getting Iraqi oil." (Go Google it if you dnt believe me).
Do you agree with that?

There is one cold fact of life on planet Earth.....That is the economy of the entire world depends upon the free flow of petroleum.
This condition is in the national interest of every modern country on the planet.

From the WAR President himself:

"I think they're both equally important, and they're both dangerous. And as I said in my speech in Cincinnati, we will fight if need be the war on terror on two fronts. We've got plenty of capacity to do so. And I also mentioned the fact that there is a connection between al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein. The war on terror, Iraq is a part on the war on terror. And he must disarm." - President Condems Attack in Bali, White House (10/14/2002) - Whitehouse.gov

This is a man who has got connections with Al Qaida. Imagine a terrorist network with Iraq as an arsenal and as a training ground, so that a Saddam Hussein could use this shadowy group of people to attack his enemy and leave no fingerprint behind. He's a threat." - Remarks by the President in Texas Welcome, White House (11/4/2002) - Whitehouse.gov

Also, testimony before Congress, after Bush came out of hiding 9/01, he asked military advisors to FIND a link to tie it on Saddam.

Do you agree with that?

If it wasn't about oil, what was the point? ... .

The Point was to remove from power, the world's most prolific promoter of international Islamic Terrorism, particularly as proxy fighters to attack the US, her interests and allies, who was in the post 9-11 paradigm in whole breach of its obligations to the international community and a clear and present danger to the people of the United States.

Do you agree with that?

Of course it was. We are not in other hell holes in the world, just the middle east. You can obscure it by talking about the proximate causes of the war, but the only reason we are there the way we are is oil.

You might want to read about how Iraq was created in Paris in 1919.

Nice to see stupidity is not contained to those on the LEft. Although I frequently consider libertarians to be leftists as well.
It would be like saying we went to war in Japan because of oil.

Do you agree with that?

You took the chance fro to show us what a good speller you are while calling others stupid. Of course it was about oil. You dnt believe me?

Of course it was about oil.
And??

Do you agree with that?

There is one cold fact of life on planet Earth.....That is the economy of the entire world depends upon the free flow of petroleum.
This condition is in the national interest of every modern country on the planet.

If we wanted petroleum to flow from Iraq all we had to do was lift sanctions. It would have flowed just fine.
Next.

The reason I keep insisting that there was a relationship between Iraq and Saddam and al Qaeda: because there was a relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda," Bush said after a Cabinet meeting. As evidence, he cited Iraqi intelligence officers' meeting with bin Laden in Sudan. "There's numerous contacts between the two," Bush said.
Later, Cheney called Iraq the "geographic base of the terrorists who had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11."

Ego, the guy wanted to be a "WAR President". And he couldn't even bother to plan it...............

Actually the first gulf war WAS all about oil.

Kuwait was slant drilling into Iraqi oil fields. Iraq invaded to stop them.
We invaded backing the Kuwaitis.

Iraq invaded Kuwait for three reasons.
One, the Hussein regime viewed Kuwait as weak and unable to defend itself
Two, Hussein wanted Kuwait's access to the deep water sea port Iraq did not have.
Three, Hussein believed no one would do anything about an invasion.

Do you agree with that?

Of course it was. We are not in other hell holes in the world, just the middle east. You can obscure it by talking about the proximate causes of the war, but the only reason we are there the way we are is oil.

Nice to see stupidity is not contained to those on the LEft. Although I frequently consider libertarians to be leftists as well.

We went to war with Japan because of Pearl Harbor. Read a book.

Shocking----I thought the left was well aware that we were fighting Israel's battles for them. There sure knew it at the time. They had to drum up terror and Al Qaeda issues because "making the world safe for Israel" wasn't going to convince anyone nor would it had been very constitutional.

Overall, yes. It was a combination of getting the oil flowing into the world market, and also Saddam threatening to sell oil in Euros.

If we wanted to get Iraq's oil flowing to world markets all we had to do was lift sanctions.
So that's a fail.

The war began in 1991. Because of the professed threat to 'our' oil.

The war ended with the ceasefire in 1991. Why did Bush invade Iraq in 2001? Was it because of Iraq's oil? If he wanted Iraq's oil wouldn't it have been cheaper just lift sanctions and buy it like everyone else?

Shocking----I thought the left was well aware that we were fighting Israel's battles for them. There sure knew it at the time. They had to drum up terror and Al Qaeda issues because "making the world safe for Israel" wasn't going to convince anyone nor would it had been very constitutional.

Yeah, that little incident on 11 September had absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Have you gone off to Stormfront.org to perfect your jew-hating talking points?

Why would the US abandon an ally like Israel? I would support US military action to protect Israel, a real issue.......not invented threats. Also, Israel plans military actions better than the Iraq disaster was conceived.

Do you agree with that?

It was retribution by an immature, inarticulate intellectually lazy jerk who got to be POTUS because of Daddy's money and stupid people like yourself.

When the bad guy with no WMD threatened his father he artfully cried, "He tried to kill my daddy!" Holy fuck. ANd you idiots elected him twice. So suck up your part of the $4,000,000,000,000 that Iraq AND Afghanistan cost us and learn to ask better questions.

Here he is in his own words. It's only 4 seconds and I'm thinking just maybe your attention span is that long:

Last edited by a moderator:

Why would the US abandon an ally like Israel? I would support US military action to protect Israel, a real issue.......not invented threats. Also, Israel plans military actions better than the Iraq disaster was conceived.

The only problem was that Israel wasn't being attacked. Immediately after 9/11 the neocons we ready to take out Iraq. I thought everyone knew this story ???

Yeah, that little incident on 11 September had absolutely nothing to do with anything.

As Rahm Emanuel said, "Don't let a good crisis go to waste." And Bush didn't. Richard Clark, was briskly taken aside after 9/11 by Bush:

""""Among his highly critical statements regarding the Bush administration, Clarke charged that before and during the 9/11 crisis, many in the Administration were distracted from efforts against Osama bin Laden's Al-Qaeda organization by a pre-occupation with Iraq and Saddam Hussein. Clarke had written that on September 12, 2001, President Bush pulled him and a couple of aides aside and "testily" asked him to try to find evidence that Saddam was connected to the terrorist attacks.

In response he wrote a report stating there was no evidence of Iraqi involvement and got it signed by all relevant agencies, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the CIA.
The paper was quickly returned by a deputy with a note saying "Please update and resubmit."[12] After initially denying that such a meeting between the President and Clarke took place, the White House later reversed its denial when others present backed Clarke's version of the events.[13][14]""""

Richard A. Clarke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back