Was The Iraq War All About Oil?

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
Here's a chance fro the left to show how truly stupid and dysfunctional they are. Many commentators have written that "of course the war was primarily about getting Iraqi oil." (Go Google it if you dnt believe me).
Do you agree with that?

Was The Iraq War All About Oil?

No, but it was a factor, as was Saddam being weak, we knocked him out easily, and the incredibly stupid idea that we want democracy in the Middle East.

But that does beg the question, why are we in the Middle East? Oil...

Overall, yes. It was a combination of getting the oil flowing into the world market, and also Saddam threatening to sell oil in Euros.

Here's a chance fro the left to show how truly stupid and dysfunctional they are. Many commentators have written that "of course the war was primarily about getting Iraqi oil." (Go Google it if you dnt believe me).
Do you agree with that?

You took the chance fro to show us what a good speller you are while calling others stupid. Of course it was about oil. You dnt believe me?

Last edited:
Actually the first gulf war WAS all about oil.

Kuwait was slant drilling into Iraqi oil fields. Iraq invaded to stop them.
We invaded backing the Kuwaitis.

Making the mid east a safer place for Israel.

Context of 'July 8, 1996: Neoconservative Think Tank Advocates Aggressive Israeli Foreign Policy

Some will later suspect that Cheney and others were actually implementing Lewis’s idea by invading Iraq. Chas Freeman, former US ambassador to Saudi Arabia, will say in May 2003, just after the invasion, “The neoconservatives’ intention in Iraq was never to truly build democracy there. Their intention was to flatten it, to remove Iraq as a regional threat to Israel.” [Dreyfuss, 2005, pp. 330-337]

Context of 'July 8, 1996: Neoconservative Think Tank Advocates Aggressive Israeli Foreign Policy'

Last edited:
Primarily? Yes.

Unless of course you want to argue that George Bush Sr. lied to us, in 1990, when he laid out the case for war:

Vital economic interests are at risk as well. Iraq itself controls some 10 percent of the world's proven oil reserves. Iraq plus Kuwait controls twice that.

An Iraq permitted to swallow Kuwait would have the economic and military power, as well as the arrogance, to intimidate and coerce its neighbors -- neighbors who control the lion's share of the world's remaining oil reserves.

We cannot permit a resource so vital to be dominated by one so ruthless. And we won't.

George Bush Presidential Library and Museum :: Public Papers - 1990 - September

Do you agree with that?

Of course it was. We are not in other hell holes in the world, just the middle east. You can obscure it by talking about the proximate causes of the war, but the only reason we are there the way we are is oil.

You might want to read about how Iraq was created in Paris in 1919.

Would have been way cheaper to build Keystone III. We don't want to behead you. The only time we riot is when we lose the Stanley Cup. We apologize profusely for Justin Beiber. We have great beer and Tim Horton's.

If it was all about the oil you should just have looked North.

:lol:

Would have been way cheaper to build Keystone III. We don't want to behead you. The only time we riot is when we lose the Stanley Cup. We apologize profusely for Justin Beiber. We have great beer and Tim Horton's.

When I went home to Michigan last month, they had Tim Horton's in my home town of Kalamazoo (source of "kaz"). I was like damn, did I forget to stop and drive all the way to Canada? But nope, it was there! Totally freaked me out. I'm thinking it's a prelude to an invasion. Oil, Tim Hortons, what's next? We'll all start saying "eh" and get more polite? Shudder...

Do you agree with that?

If it wasn't about oil, what was the point? If we went in just to free people, then we're stupider than the French. They didn't help us until we proved we could field a resistance on our own. We didn't demand that of the Iraqis, so the only conclusion that can be drawn is that it was about oil.

Last edited:
The far left revisionist history on this subject will be one of it was about the oil, 100%.

Anyone that lives reality knows that is not true.

Since to the far left the History of Iraq began in 2003, it will be hard for them to comprehend this post.

Saddam fought a war with Iran and his country was deeply n debt. He decided to annex Kuwait which he claimed was part of Iraq.

So 1991 a Coalition of forces went in to remove Saddam's forces from Kuwait. Saddam was going to use the OIL from Kuwait to pay off his debts. Since the multinational force decimated the bulk of the Iraq military, the US was commit not only to stop Saddam, but we would have been a position to defend Saddam from any incursions from Iran

The Iraq people have been enslaved and ruled by dictators for a very long time, to get them to rise up is not an easy task. Although they did try and rise up against Saddam after the Cease Fire agreement. However the might of Saddam is was still powerful. He was able to use attack helicopters to put down any resistance.

No if you go back before the discovery of OIL, you notice that this region has always been a violent region, OIL did play a part. However the role of OIL was very low compared to the far left propaganda.

The region will stay violent even if there was no OIL.

In 2003 when the far left started it's propaganda war on the blood for oil farce, again this was not all about oil. There were many thing discovered in this region including the oil for scandal that the far left will not acknowledge. Not to mention how many times Saddam violated the Cease Fire agreement.

The whole Afghanistan far left propaganda was just that propaganda, when NATO took over the command in Afghanistan and put forth what assets it needed from the US, that is when those assets got reallocated to Iraq enforcing the UN demands.

Do you agree with that?

How can we live without oil?

We can't.

At least not without a great negative impact on every measure of progress as a civilization.

So, should any American POTUS be willing to wage war in order to prevent an interruption in the flow of petroleum to ourselves or our trading partners around the world?

Yes.

Was there any other compelling reason fo the U.S. to invade Iraq?

Yes.

To prevent Israel from having to assure that Saddam posed no existential threat to the "Zionist entity," the United States did their ally a big favor by guaranteeing Israel would not go up in a mushroom cloud by disarming Saddam.

Can you imagine what might have occurred if Israel took actions to make sure Saddam wasn't going to use WMD's on them?

They would have had to launch massive attacks on Iraq to search for the WMD's Saddam boasted of having.

Interrogator Shares Saddam's Confessions - CBS News

When the racist, blood thirsty Arabs and Muslims saw Israel attacking an Arab/Muslim brother nation all hell would have broken loose in the Muslim world.

What bigger offense could there be in the game of Islamic World Conquest than the apes and pigs of Zion attacking a Muslim brother state???

And that would have led to a great deal of chaos and turmoil, eclipsing the Sturm und Drang generated as a result of the US invasion of Iraq.

But, of course, our Liberal sources won't acknowledge this for a few years or so.

Last edited:

When I went home to Michigan last month, they had Tim Horton's in my home town of Kalamazoo (source of "kaz"). I was like damn, did I forget to stop and drive all the way to Canada? But nope, it was there! Totally freaked me out. I'm thinking it's a prelude to an invasion. Oil, Tim Hortons, what's next? We'll all start saying "eh" and get more polite? Shudder...

Copied a quote from your signature.

For emphasis.

Democrats are not liberals, they are authoritarian leftists, closed minded and rigidly intolerant. True liberals are political libertarians, we support freedom and individuality, particularly from the greatest transgressor, government.

Forum List

Back