Was Bernie always over-rated?

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
The biggest problem the Democrats have had was their morbid fear of the Bernie Bros and not offending them, lest you get a bunch of snake emojis in your Twitter feed.

But the reality is, Bernie was never that popular on his own. In 2016, he was the alternative to Hillary, a person who a lot of Democrats would have liked to have seen any alternative to.

This year, Bernie's performance has failed to match is 2016 performance, even in states he "Won".

Iowa He got 49% of the vote in 2016. In 2020 he got 26%
New Hampshire He got 60% of the vote in 2016. In 2020 he got 25%
Nevada He got 47% of the vote in 2016. In 2020 he got 40%
Colorado He got 59% of the vote in 2016. In 2020 he got 36%
California He got 46% of the vote in 2016. In 2020 he got 33%

Even Vermont, his HOME STATE, he got 50% of the vote, compared to the 86% he got in 2016.

No, but your beloved Hillary is.

I never liked her as a candidate. Didn't vote for her in the primary and only voted for her in the general, because Trump was so unacceptable.

(I voted for Kasich in the primary because I thought there was still hope for the GOP).

What is becoming clear is the more people get to know Commie Bernie, the less they like him. Hopefully, he'll fold his tent after being thrubbed in IL and FL next week.

The biggest problem the Democrats have had was their morbid fear of the Bernie Bros and not offending them, lest you get a bunch of snake emojis in your Twitter feed.

But the reality is, Bernie was never that popular on his own. In 2016, he was the alternative to Hillary, a person who a lot of Democrats would have liked to have seen any alternative to.

This year, Bernie's performance has failed to match is 2016 performance, even in states he "Won".

Even Vermont, his HOME STATE, he got 50% of the vote, compared to the 86% he got in 2016.
In Iowa in 2016 he and the sick bitch were the only candidates, this year there were more stupid fucking liberals running. Without them, Bernie the Commie would of Beaten "Sleepy, the groper" Joe Biden hands down. Why are you such a dishonest prick all the time? Do you know what honor is?

In all fairness to the Distinguished Senator from Vermont, all politicians are overrated.

Just as all movie stars, athletes, etc. are overrated.

As a wise person once said, "Never meet your hero in person, for you will be sorely disappointed."

I never liked her as a candidate. Didn't vote for her in the primary and only voted for her in the general, because Trump was so unacceptable.

(I voted for Kasich in the primary because I thought there was still hope for the GOP).

What is becoming clear is the more people get to know Commie Bernie, the less they like him. Hopefully, he'll fold his tent after being thrubbed in IL and FL next week.
LIAR. You said before, that you converted to being a stupid liberal a long time ago. Stop being such a dishonest prick.

How to spot a sociopath - 10 red flags that could save you from being swept under the influence of a charismatic nut job
#4) Sociopaths invent outrageous lies about their experiences. They wildly exaggerate things to the point of absurdity, but when they describe it to you in a storytelling format, for some reason it sounds believable at the time.

In Iowa in 2016 he and the sick bitch were the only candidates, this year there were more stupid fucking liberals running. Without them, Bernie the Commie would of Beaten "Sleepy, the groper" Joe Biden hands down. Why are you such a dishonest prick all the time? Do you know what honor is?

Except that doesn't appear to be the case. Quite the contrary, with all those other candidates eliminated, Biden is quickly outpacing Commie Bernie, and frankly, Biden isn't a strong candidate.

of course, by the time Covid-19 is done, anyone would be able to beat Trump.

LIAR. You said before, that you converted to being a stupid liberal a long time ago. Stop being such a dishonest prick.

How to spot a sociopath - 10 red flags that could save you from being swept under the influence of a charismatic nut job
#4) Sociopaths invent outrageous lies about their experiences. They wildly exaggerate things to the point of absurdity, but when they describe it to you in a storytelling format, for some reason it sounds believable at the time.

Uh, guy, wasn't your complaint about Kasich that he was a liberal?

So it's not odd for someone who votes center-left to vote for him in a primary, especially since I live in a largely REPUBLICAN district where most of the key local races are in fact Republican.

Don't spend too long thinking about it... I know you are still struggling with the tax cut/Abortion question you have yet to answer.

In all fairness to the Distinguished Senator from Vermont, all politicians are overrated.

Just as all movie stars, athletes, etc. are overrated.

As a wise person once said, "Never meet your hero in person, for you will be sorely disappointed."

Probably.

But not the point of my OP.

The point of my OP was not what Commie Bernie is, it's the fear that most Democrats had of his followers and not wanting to alienate them.

I don't think that they are as large of a factor to really worry about that.

That link is trash and fails to accurately describe ASPD. People with ASPD absolutely can feel remorse, shame and even love. They're humans with feelings and emotions just like you and me. The problem is their emotions and impulses are often out of balance largely due to lacking emotional empathy, not to be confused with cognitive empathy. Functional people with ASPD are often incredibly skilled at understanding people and why they feel the way they do. That's cognitive empathy, and they tend to overdevelop it as a crutch for not being able to navigate life with emotional empathy like normal people. That's why they are often incredibly charismatic and can make people feel deeply understood.

Emotional empathy is the connection and pain you feel when seeing the pain and distress of others. Evolution likely gave that to humans for survival reasons. It compels us to help each other. Not all sociopaths/psychopaths are bad people. It's just that lacking emotional empathy makes it easier to be a bad person. Some of them hold themselves to a high standard and do good in the world

Last edited:
Bernie has always been an iconoclast and firebrand. While in the House and Senate Bernie is and was a piss poor legislator. Bernie struck a cord with the disaffected. Just like Trump, Bernie capitalized on a very unpopular Hillary. 2020 is different. There is no Hillary. Just like a Hillary-less campaign boded badly for Bernie this year it will bode badly for Trump as well in November.

If you think a dementia patient can beat Donnie, you might have dementia or you’re just another dupe of the establishment. I suspect it’s the later.

If you think a dementia patient can beat Donnie, you might have dementia or you’re just another dupe of the establishment. I suspect it’s the later.

A bunch of people hate Hillary and she almost won. I've learned to not underestimate the stupidity of the electorate. A dementia patient might speak more at their level, allowing them to connect.

Uh, guy, wasn't your complaint about Kasich that he was a liberal?

So it's not odd for someone who votes center-left to vote for him in a primary, especially since I live in a largely REPUBLICAN district where most of the key local races are in fact Republican.

Don't spend too long thinking about it... I know you are still struggling with the tax cut/Abortion question you have yet to answer.
I would have voted for Bernie in thethe election had Hillary been running against anyone but Trump.

Biden will crush Trump in November. Trump knows this as well as his supporters. You know this because of all the lies told about Biden and the whole Ukraine fiasco.

The electorate will not forget Trump’s incompetence and ineptitude in handling this coronavirus crisis. Now Trump’s mental illness is on full display in his bizarre tweets.

A bunch of people hate Hillary and she almost won. I've learned to not underestimate the stupidity of the electorate. A dementia patient might speak more at their level, allowing them to connect.
Many warned of Hillary’s unelectability, before the election. Now we have Biden who clearly has mental issues, yet the D establishment is pushing him. They learned nothing from their lose in 2016.

Biden will crush Trump in November. Trump knows this as well as his supporters. You know this because of all the lies told about Biden and the whole Ukraine fiasco.

The electorate will not forget Trump’s incompetence and ineptitude in handling this coronavirus crisis. Now Trump’s mental illness is on full display in his bizarre tweets.
Dementia patients don’t win anything. Just listen to the man talk. He’s not all there.

Dementia patients don’t win anything. Just listen to the man talk. He’s not all there.
And Trump is? Trump’s tweets often make no sense. Trump is incoherent many times. Trump slurs his words. Not to mention, Trump evidences that he has a severe mental illness. He sees conspiracies everywhere,

And there are people who think Biden is nuts???? Biden has nothing on the insanity that Trump exhibits on nearly a daily basis.

And Trump is? Trump’s tweets often make no sense. Trump is incoherent many times. Trump slurs his words. Not to mention, Trump evidences that he has a severe mental illness. He sees conspiracies everywhere,

And there are people who think Biden is nuts???? Biden has nothing on the insanity that Trump exhibits on nearly a daily basis.
So, you want to exchange one nut for another nut. LOL.

Bernie beats Crazy Don. The dementia boy Biden has no chance.

Good post Joe!

Bernie had more competition, meaning more choices for the voters; in other words, the choice was not binary.

But, his fall from grace came when he started talking about Cuba and Nicaragua. Everything that people said about him that he and his supporters deflected became instantly, at least partially accurate.

He was never really going to win in the South of this country, but those statements caused him to absolutely give away Florida as we will soon see, and with New York's bread and butter being built on the financial markets and stock exchange, he would soon lose that too; which also will be shown shortly.

His path to victory was on super Tuesday, and now that is gone! In my humble opinion, the only real chance he has now, is if Biden totally collapses in the debates; which would be a smart reason for the DNC to leave Tulsi on the stage as an alternative should Biden do that because, remember------->if Biden collapses quickly, with no other choices, Bernie would win outright, and the DNC would be stuck with him!

Forum List

Back