Virginia Allows Felons Right to Vote, Serve on Jury and Hold Office

The 22,205 felons will now have the right to vote, serve on a jury, and run for public office.

Any tax paying Americans left in the electricity free rust State will be exiting soon.

Gov. Northam says he's restored civil rights to 22K felons

This is the result of all those northerners leaving high-tax, Liberal infected policies......and then bringing the disease with them to states like Virginia.

No, you stupid cow, this is because all of these "rural" states are becoming more and more urbanized, as the population grows, and the economy is no longer centred and build on agriculture. And urban, educated voters are deserting the Republican Party of Donald Trump because it's a party built on hate and dividing Americans.

Trump is not helping middle class voters, who are now paying more in taxes than the wealthiest Americans, many of whose employees are being funded with food stamps, and earned income credits, and other taxpayer funded income supports, while stockholders receive record dividends.

The latest numbers show that not only are the rich getting richer under Donald Trump. They're getting richer, faster, under Donald Trump.

The 22,205 felons will now have the right to vote, serve on a jury, and run for public office.

Any tax paying Americans left in the electricity free rust State will be exiting soon.

A felony conviction should not affect a citizen's voting rights. Republicans have used these statutes to systematically strip non-white citizens of the right to vote. The justice system has been shown time and time again to be racially biased against non-white defendants. When a sentence is served, a citizen should then be allowed to vote.
a felon is a felon. while i agree once they've done their time, it should at a minimum be open for discussion which rights are returned to them. but all this race shit is just race shit and nothing to really do with the topic; just your personal agenda and own hate.

No it's not. In fact, until recently, I had no idea that felons lost their rights. My area of law is corporate/commerical and real estate. I avoided criminal and litigation, including family law, although I had clients were worked in these fields, but generally I did their corporation and commercial work because they had no one on staff to do it. Until all of this information started coming out about "for profit" prisons and the effects on incarcertation and minimum sentencing, and the horrific abuses and bribery cases around these contracts became public, I had no idea even of potential for abuse in these contracts with the operators of these facilities.

Last but not least, stop project "anger", "hate" and other emotions onto a dispassionate discussion of the ways in which the Judicial System has been perverted into a vehicle for voter suppression of non-white voters. And stop pretending this isn't a factor in the 10 fold increase in non-white federal prisoners since 1980.

Let's remind all who are your 'birds of a feather:'

"Jail survey: 7 in 10 felons register as Democrats
....most convicts register Democratic, a key reason in why liberal lawmakers and governors are eager for them to get back into the voting booth after their release.

... in some states, felons register Democratic by more than six-to-one. In New York, for example, 61.5 percent of convicts are Democrats, just 9 percent Republican. They also cited a study that found 73 percent of convicts who turn out for presidential elections would vote Democrat.

the following Democrat-to-Republican breakdown in felon party registration patterns:

– New York: 61.5 percent register Democratic, 9 percent register Republican

– New Mexico: 51.9 percent Democratic, 10.2 percent Republican

– North Carolina: 54.6 percent Democratic, 10.2 percent Republican"
White House threatens to veto House energy bill

You just confirmed her point about the nature of prison populations. The black voting community overwhelmingly leans Democrat, and has been doing so since the 1930s.

And WHO KNEW there would be Democrats in the state of New York huh?

Ignorance is blissful.

This is the result of all those northerners leaving high-tax, Liberal infected policies......and then bringing the disease with them to states like Virginia.

No, you stupid cow, this is because all of these "rural" states are becoming more and more urbanized, as the population grows, and the economy is no longer centred and build on agriculture. And urban, educated voters are deserting the Republican Party of Donald Trump because it's a party built on hate and dividing Americans.

Trump is not helping middle class voters, who are now paying more in taxes than the wealthiest Americans, many of whose employees are being funded with food stamps, and earned income credits, and other taxpayer funded income supports, while stockholders receive record dividends.

The latest numbers show that not only are the rich getting richer under Donald Trump. They're getting richer, faster, under Donald Trump.

"Currently jailed felons are only allowed to vote in Maine and Vermont. Democrats would like to change state laws so all currently jailed inmates even those with felony records can vote including those out on parole and awaiting release from prison. With 5.8 million convicts that is a lot of votes. Democrats also know that 80 percent of all felons polled would vote democrat so now we can see the reason behind the push for prisoner rights.

Democrats point to the laws in other countries like Canada, Denmark and Israel that allow most convicted criminals even those who are serving prison sentences the right to vote. Democrats also are saying the law banning prisoners the right to vote disenfranchises African Americans the most who make up 40 percent of felons in the United States. In a Huffington Post interview, The Sentencing Project calls the law into question and says, “This is a fundamental question of democracy”.

Victim rights advocates call the push by democrats “insulting” and a “slap in the face to all victims of crime”. This issue will not be decided in time for this election, but democrats say they will continue to fight for a prisoner’s right to vote in all local and national elections."
http://medfordcitysearch.com/why-democrats-want-jailed-felons-to-vote/

"Currently jailed felons are only allowed to vote in Maine and Vermont. Democrats would like to change state laws so all currently jailed inmates even those with felony records can vote including those out on parole and awaiting release from prison. With 5.8 million convicts that is a lot of votes. Democrats also know that 80 percent of all felons polled would vote democrat so now we can see the reason behind the push for prisoner rights.

Democrats point to the laws in other countries like Canada, Denmark and Israel that allow most convicted criminals even those who are serving prison sentences the right to vote. Democrats also are saying the law banning prisoners the right to vote disenfranchises African Americans the most who make up 40 percent of felons in the United States. In a Huffington Post interview, The Sentencing Project calls the law into question and says, “This is a fundamental question of democracy”.

Victim rights advocates call the push by democrats “insulting” and a “slap in the face to all victims of crime”. This issue will not be decided in time for this election, but democrats say they will continue to fight for a prisoner’s right to vote in all local and national elections."

Sooooooo you're afraid there will be voters in opposition to you eh? Oooooh, scary. :shok:

Almost like "three million illegals" only these are real.

Ironic. The white power structure of the old racism set up these laws to keep a despised class from voting against the security of their white power. Now here you come waddling in, aiming to do the same thing.

Ironic. The white power structure of the old racism set up these laws to keep a despised class from voting against the security of their white power. Now here you come waddling in, aiming to do the same thing.

"The white power structure of the old racism..."

Why waste so many words, when that means 'the Democrat Party'?

1.The Democrat Party is the ‘win at any cost’ party. They thrived not on just using slavery, but perfecting it. Even after the Republican Party pried their slaves away, they used every advantage to continue the oppression.

In Congress, the Democrats blocked every anti-lynching bill that came up.

They are very good at perverting the legal system to their wishes: Democrats filibustered attempts to give women the right to vote.

2. Give credit where due, they learned how to convince the folks they used as slaves, that they had changed, and would right the wrongs they had committed……but the only thing they have done for the folks who still have the least wealth, is ban one particular word from conversation.

Lyndon Johnson succeeded in creating a classed society based on skin color….but it isn’t one they adhere to:
“That means Republicans in the Senate now have four African-American senior staff members and Democrats have one. Not a single black woman serves on the senior staff of any of the 48 Democratic senators. Not a single African-American serves as chief of staff, deputy chief of staff, or communications director for any of the 48 Democratic senators.” KING: Senate Republicans continue to blow away their Democratic counterparts with hirings of new black staff members

A felony conviction should not affect a citizen's voting rights. Republicans have used these statutes to systematically strip non-white citizens of the right to vote. The justice system has been shown time and time again to be racially biased against non-white defendants. When a sentence is served, a citizen should then be allowed to vote.
a felon is a felon. while i agree once they've done their time, it should at a minimum be open for discussion which rights are returned to them. but all this race shit is just race shit and nothing to really do with the topic; just your personal agenda and own hate.

No it's not. In fact, until recently, I had no idea that felons lost their rights. My area of law is corporate/commerical and real estate. I avoided criminal and litigation, including family law, although I had clients were worked in these fields, but generally I did their corporation and commercial work because they had no one on staff to do it. Until all of this information started coming out about "for profit" prisons and the effects on incarcertation and minimum sentencing, and the horrific abuses and bribery cases around these contracts became public, I had no idea even of potential for abuse in these contracts with the operators of these facilities.

Last but not least, stop project "anger", "hate" and other emotions onto a dispassionate discussion of the ways in which the Judicial System has been perverted into a vehicle for voter suppression of non-white voters. And stop pretending this isn't a factor in the 10 fold increase in non-white federal prisoners since 1980.
i never said it was not a factor.

i said and will always say it's not a factor EVERY SINGLE TIME.

you beat the shit out of that pony at every opportunity. In my eyes, that makes you the racist cause it's all you let yourself see.

Related to for-profit prisoning and the warped idea of stripping felons of their rights was the practice of using prisoners as in effect slave labor, which began immediately after Slavery was abolished, as a way around that inconvenience. These archaic felon laws were one of the ways the intent of the Thirteenth Amendment got circumvented. All they had to do was arrest and convict black people and voilà, free labor force just like they had before. And taking their voting rights away was a handy way to keep them second-class citizens permanently.

OP seems to be all nostalgic for that world.

By the way where is the OP? Seems to have run away. Last seen running off to the side wailing "Abandon thread Abandon thread!"
we don't agree often but he barney'd hard here and went MIA.

weatherman after his misfire:

The "race shit" is how these draconian laws got passed in the first place. Virginia undid one.

Nowhere in the Constitution is it suggested that felons lose civil rights. In fact that document goes out of its way to guarantee those rights to everybody. These bullshit felon laws were trying to skirt around that guarantee.
again, i never said there wasn't a racial basis for it LONG AGO. i'm also not stupid enough to think if we scream loud enough people will simply stop being racist.

Or gay.

Or a hater of any sort i suppose.

but there are some who cry RACISM at every opportunity and it limits the conversation with them because they won't allow other factors to also be involved. so i slide them over to ignore and only see them from time to time. 99% of those times they are doing the very things i chose to ignore them for.

Their right to post how they want and feel, sure. but it seems strange to me they condemn others for doing in essence the very same thing.

Related to for-profit prisoning and the warped idea of stripping felons of their rights was the practice of using prisoners as in effect slave labor, which began immediately after Slavery was abolished, as a way around that inconvenience. These archaic felon laws were one of the ways the intent of the Thirteenth Amendment got circumvented. All they had to do was arrest and convict black people and voilà, free labor force just like they had before. And taking their voting rights away was a handy way to keep them second-class citizens permanently.

OP seems to be all nostalgic for that world.

By the way where is the OP? Seems to have run away. Last seen running off to the side wailing "Abandon thread Abandon thread!"
we don't agree often but he barney'd hard here and went MIA.

weatherman after his misfire:

:beer:

1.The Democrat Party is the ‘win at any cost’ party. They thrived not on just using slavery, but perfecting it. Even after the Republican Party pried their slaves away, they used every advantage to continue the oppression.

They are very good at perverting the legal system to their wishes: Democrats filibustered attempts to give women the right to vote.

2. Give credit where due, they learned how to convince the folks they used as slaves, that they had changed, and would right the wrongs they had committed……but the only thing they have done for the folks who still have the least wealth, is ban one particular word from conversation.

Lyndon Johnson succeeded in creating a classed society based on skin color….but it isn’t one they adhere to:
“That means Republicans in the Senate now have four African-American senior staff members and Democrats have one. Not a single black woman serves on the senior staff of any of the 48 Democratic senators. Not a single African-American serves as chief of staff, deputy chief of staff, or communications director for any of the 48 Democratic senators.” KING: Senate Republicans continue to blow away their Democratic counterparts with hirings of new black staff members

In today's episode of "Ironic Irony is Ironical" Stuporgurl rehashes a moldy oldie where the same voices continuously yammering on and on about "b-but but nobody who was a slave oppressed by segregationists is alive today" then want to turn around and blubber "b-but but everybody who was a segregationist oppressing black people is alive today!"

Yep, it's a rerun. And it's classic stupidity.

Last edited:

Ironic irony is ironical. In this episode, the same voices continuously yammering on and on about "b-but but nobody who was a slave oppressed by segregationists is alive today" then want to turn around and blubber "b-but but everybody who was a segregationist oppressing black people is alive today!"

Classic stupidity.
and it falls to us all in that we share that "human" trait on all sides of the spectrum in some form or another. we put it aside for ourselves and those "like minded" then hammer the other side for doing it.

just odd, to me.

Ironic irony is ironical. In this episode, the same voices continuously yammering on and on about "b-but but nobody who was a slave oppressed by segregationists is alive today" then want to turn around and blubber "b-but but everybody who was a segregationist oppressing black people is alive today!"

Classic stupidity.
and it falls to us all in that we share that "human" trait on all sides of the spectrum in some form or another. we put it aside for ourselves and those "like minded" then hammer the other side for doing it.

just odd, to me.

I don't see "sides". It's just classically bad argument fraught with ideological inconsistency and intellectual myopia.

Classic stupidity.

just odd, to me.

I don't see "sides". It's just classically bad argument fraught with ideological inconsistency and intellectual myopia.
and that's a lot of words to say people have chosen a side for XYZ reasons, to me. :)

Classic stupidity.

Today????
Bill 'the rapist' Clinton, your candidate twice, has been a racist his entire life.

You know I can prove it, don't you, Stinky?

Classic stupidity.

Today????
Bill 'the rapist' Clinton, your candidate twice, has been a racist his entire life.

You know I can prove it, don't you, Stinky?

The dunce who posted the emoticon didn't challenge me to prove it.....

Must be a reason.

Good. You seem to have forgot that your own link describes felons who have served their sentences. You also forgot how to spell "Virginia". Finally it's ironic that you'd plop "KKK" in your title when the whole point had been undoing vestiges of Jim Crow laws --- which is what permanently removing civil rights WAS.
Oh please. There may be some issues but we have the most ass kissing society in human history going on. Most of our nation from government, corporate and citizens have their heads so far up African Americans azzes that you could see their heads in their mouths. And African Americans know this. They play dumb and rarely say a word on it. But we saw the reality with the Chinese. Since you want to kiss their azzes they will be controlling you and us all within a few decades. So enjoy the time left.

Classic stupidity.

Today????

Number one, "rapists" are not in play here anywhere but your desperate attempt to change the topic yet again is noted with alacrity. Number two, Bull Clinton, who also is not in play here and thus constitutes yet another such desperate red herring attempt, has never been "my candidate" for anything.

You however have always been a fucking liar, as you just proved. It goes with the rest of the dishonest diarrhea you plop on this board as if you just swallowed a 55-gallon drum of Ex-Lax. Take your mendacious bullshit and cram it back up the bovine intestine whence it came. Ain't nobody buying your disingenuous crapola. Ain't never been nobody ever did. You're a failure. Face it.

Good. You seem to have forgot that your own link describes felons who have served their sentences. You also forgot how to spell "Virginia". Finally it's ironic that you'd plop "KKK" in your title when the whole point had been undoing vestiges of Jim Crow laws --- which is what permanently removing civil rights WAS.
Oh please. There may be some issues but we have the most ass kissing society in human history going on. Most of our nation from government, corporate and citizens have their heads so far up African Americans azzes that you could see their heads in their mouths. And African Americans know this. They play dumb and rarely say a word on it. But we saw the reality with the Chinese. Since you want to kiss their azzes they will be controlling you and us all within a few decades. So enjoy the time left.

Feel absolutely free to dispute anything I said there. I'll just wait here.

All black faced Democrats look the same.

Around 76.6 percent of the prisoners were rearrested within 5 years of release, and approximately 56.7 got arrested again within 1 year of being released.

What Percentage of Criminals Are Repeat Offenders?

Forum List

Back