Vietnam

Robert McNamara realized he made a mistake not long after he convinced JFK and LBJ to commit to the "war in Indochina”. We lost 52K troops in Nam' because we blindly supported the troops. For what? McNamara already knew it was a lost cause years earlier. He said so in his memoirs years later. And here we are now, Geo. W. Bush uses phony pretenses to invade Iraq in 2003 with phony weapons of mass destruction. Then it was called the Bay of Tonkin incident . My brother was on one of those ships in the bay, says he slept through it. But he did load bombs on planes later. Nobody seems to remember the attack on the ships in the bay of Tonkin. Anyone help me here? Might be historic, one way or the other.

LBJ was weak and feeble. he was McNamaras' lap dog. who lead LBJ around on a leash. I don't for sure about the Tonkin Gulf incident if it was real or contrived. and I don't think any real evidence exist one way or the other. I didn't get over till 66 and by then it was in full swing

Robert McNamara realized he made a mistake not long after he convinced JFK and LBJ to commit to the "war in Indochina”. We lost 52K troops in Nam' because we blindly supported the troops. For what? McNamara already knew it was a lost cause years earlier. He said so in his memoirs years later. And here we are now, Geo. W. Bush uses phony pretenses to invade Iraq in 2003 with phony weapons of mass destruction. Then it was called the Bay of Tonkin incident . My brother was on one of those ships in the bay, says he slept through it. But he did load bombs on planes later. Nobody seems to remember the attack on the ships in the bay of Tonkin. Anyone help me here? Might be historic, one way or the other.

LBJ was weak and feeble. he was McNamaras' lap dog. who lead LBJ around on a leash. I don't for sure about the Tonkin Gulf incident if it was real or contrived. and I don't think any real evidence exist one way or the other. I didn't get over till 66 and by then it was in full swing

LBJ was a victim of the times , he was a politician plain pure and simple. He refused to be a presidential candidate when he realized just how unnecessary the war in Vietnam was. McNamara KNEW what a fraud he was. To bad we haven't learned that since then.

LBJ was a victim of the times , he was a politician plain pure and simple. He refused to be a presidential candidate when he realized just how unnecessary the war in Vietnam was. McNamara KNEW what a fraud he was. To bad we haven't learned that since then.

the military jumped for joy when this was broadcast in 68. I was in san diego for training

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-FibDxpkb0]Lyndon Johnson - Remarks on Decision to not seek Reelection - YouTube[/ame]

Lbj committed to the war in Indochina but Im pretty sure JFK didnt as this speech of his indicates. Indochina i am not too familliar with so I cant swear but i do know that his hawkish military was livid that he would not commit to Laos.

as i posted earlier,Jfk resisted the policys of the brass military of covert operations in vietnam and in Laos which were drawn up in Eisenhowers last year and nearly implemented,then Johnson got in and they then were implemented.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/primary-resources/jfk-indochina/

Lbj got in and gave them their war they wanted reversing Jfk's policy to withdraw all military personal from vietnam completely by 1965.we know that to be true from documents from the kennedy administration that were found from a freedom of information act in the 90's. you should read the book AMERICAN TRAGEDY.it explains it all.

It is based on thousands of declassified documents from the Eisenhower,Kennedy,and Johnson administartions.this link talks a lillte about it.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=6274

Here is also what I was posting earlier the document that proves he was going to completey pull us out of vietnam by 1965.It was no secret among the military.

In the pentagon papers back then according to members who served in the military at that time,it was all over the front pages of that paper with headlines reading-"Kennedy to pull out of vietnam by 1965."

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=146534&relPageId=51

Oh and I think your talking actually talking about the GULF OF TONKIN incidennt.Its well known that Kennedy only sent in advisors,he never sent in combat troops.

Johnson esculated the war and gave the military the war they wanted with the phony gulf of tonkin incident firing on an unarmed vietnames ship and when they fired back,the media lied about the event saying they fired at us first provoking the war.thats when LBj sent in the combat troops and got the war started.Even the commander of that ship has now come out and said that they fired unprovoked at the vietnamese ship first.

http://theupliftingcrane.wordpress.com/2010/07/16/gulf-of-tonkin-was-a-staged-false-flag-event/

heres some other really good stuff on it as well you can purchase and get the facts on it.
http://www.monstermarketplace.com/s...ource=X&utm_medium=paid&utm_campaign=X0947785

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back