Video: St. Louis couple pulls guns on trespassing protesters

What the McCloskeys did shouldn't be commended. I could see them being nervous.

The McCloskeys won't get in trouble because they're rich white professionals and they will say they were defending themselves. But it is a bad example to set and I don't blame the DA for being concerned about it. Let the police handle it if guns have to be involved. QUIT playing cowboys out there.

If the McCloskeys had not had those guns, the only thing the police could have done would be to fill out the paperwork after the mob had murdered the McCloskeys.
There is nothing to indicate the protesters had any bone to pick with the McCloskeys. Your imagination is on hyperdrive, per usual.
oh dear god youre an ignorant one,,,
The protesters started running their mouths when they realized the McCloskeys were trying to intimidate them with guns.
I repeat, they are lucky all they got was rough language. I wouldn't condone violence from them, but I sure don't condone the threats from the McCloskeys either.
people that break through a gate onto private property are not protesters they are a violent mob and should have been shot when they came through the gate,,,
Disagree. Shooting people should never be taken lightly, just because you might (I said MIGHT) be able to get away with it. Would probably have them coming back to burn it down with more force next time, or while you are gone. Mind, you I have NO respect of human life (except mine and PJ's) in a final defensive fight, but that is a last resort type of thing, not a message to the masses. Indiscriminate shooters should be jailed, even if they are home owners.
YOURE RIGHT IT SHOULDNT BE, BUT AS WE'VE SEEN OVER THAT LAST MONTH they always turn to violence and more people die.

in this case they should have been shot once they broke through the gate.
we can be assured that if the cpl didnt do what they did that neighborhood would still be under occupation and most likely burning.

we can be assured that if the cpl didnt do what they did that neighborhood would still be under occupation and most likely burning.
1593622834285.png

The McCloskeys won't get in trouble because they're rich white professionals and they will say they were defending themselves. But it is a bad example to set and I don't blame the DA for being concerned about it. Let the police handle it if guns have to be involved. QUIT playing cowboys out there.

They won’t get in trouble because the laws are different there than in Georgia for example. In Georgia it would have been aggravated assault. As the McMichaels found out to their shock.

Personally I probably would have broken out the firepower and then waited inside. At that point if I had to shoot there would be little choice but it being totally defensive. No prosecutor would stand a chance if it went to court claiming either manslaughter or murder.
The protesters were marching to the Mayor's mansion. If the McCloskey's hadn't been brandishing their guns in the first place, my strong guess is that the protesters would have just kept walking. No reason for them not to.
And I agree with you that if the McCloskey's were actually frightened, they would have monitored the situation from inside. Not to kill with a good reason, but to remain strategically safe while still being ready to protect their property if necessary. My guess is they'd had a few martinis along with their outdoor dinner.
A good display of force can make a difference, and nobody got shot. Rioters have been known to burn buildings down. Do not wait for a molotov coctail through living room window to defend your home place / final defensive position.
White, no one was throwing molotov cocktails, not even playing mailbox baseball. At least not from anything I read. Did you see any reports of vandalism from the neighborhood, saving the gate?
Saving the gate only. I got the impression their home was first past the gate (right/wrong, don't know), but waiting to determine true intent before showing a portion of you possible defensive capability might save your life someday. It it is very discouraging to people who might be thinking of destruction as we have witnessed in other places during the unrest, to be met by a show of force, especially from amateurs. Amateurs sometimes have a "weapons loose" mentality and might shoot out of unverified fears. Would not want an amateur beside me in a situation like that. There are always easier targets of opportunity, that are afraid to protect themselves. The homeowners did well and nobody was shot. Nothing wrong with a small display of your resolve when faced with a mob, that has already broken down perimeter gates to get to the point where you may be forced to stand you ground or cut and run. Playing chicken with a close approaching mob or an enemy possibly testing your defenses is a dangerous thing, not for the weak or spirit or the reckless. They did well and the protesters did well also, by encouraging some of the less temperate to continue to bypass and move on.

Last edited:
View attachment 357791

Oh. Is that your excuse for wetting your pants every time you hear about a protest? Okay.

these are riots not protests you ignorant twat,,,

so now youre defending them walking up to cars and shooting people on the same thread your condemning a cpl for defending their own home,,,

youre a fucking c@nt is what you are

If the McCloskeys had not had those guns, the only thing the police could have done would be to fill out the paperwork after the mob had murdered the McCloskeys.
There is nothing to indicate the protesters had any bone to pick with the McCloskeys. Your imagination is on hyperdrive, per usual.
The protesters started running their mouths when they realized the McCloskeys were trying to intimidate them with guns.
I repeat, they are lucky all they got was rough language. I wouldn't condone violence from them, but I sure don't condone the threats from the McCloskeys either.
people that break through a gate onto private property are not protesters they are a violent mob and should have been shot when they came through the gate,,,
Disagree. Shooting people should never be taken lightly, just because you might (I said MIGHT) be able to get away with it. Would probably have them coming back to burn it down with more force next time, or while you are gone. Mind, you I have NO respect of human life (except mine and PJ's) in a final defensive fight, but that is a last resort type of thing, not a message to the masses. Indiscriminate shooters should be jailed, even if they are home owners.
YOURE RIGHT IT SHOULDNT BE, BUT AS WE'VE SEEN OVER THAT LAST MONTH they always turn to violence and more people die.

All assumptions of yours are unverified. I look at it from years of tactical training and having been in situations in an Ameican city during period of unrest, arson and snipers using harassing fire to interfere with fire fighters. I assure you, if you bring on sufficient force, a non-determined enemy will disappear and egress the area as quickly as they appeared. Nobody tested the resolve of the officers above us, or the discipline of the troops. We never fired a shot either, but the display made everything go quiet except for the fire fighters continuing to fight the fires. That was just a few years after Kent State. Nobody trusted the discipline of troops on the streets and probably with good reason.

All assumptions of yours are unverified. I look at it from years of tactical training and having been in situations in an Ameican city during period of unrest, arson and snipers using harassing fire to interfere with fire fighters. I assure you, if you bring on sufficient force, a non-determined enemy will disappear and egress the area as quickly as they appeared. Nobody tested the resolve of the officers above us, or the discipline of the troops. We never fired a shot either, but the display made everything go quiet except for the fire fighters continuing to fight the fires. That was just a few years after Kent State. Nobody trusted the discipline of troops on the streets and probably with good reason.
my assumptions/opinion can be verified by the the accounts of their actions over the last month of riots,,,

View attachment 357791

Oh. Is that your excuse for wetting your pants every time you hear about a protest? Okay.

so now youre defending them walking up to cars and shooting people on the same thread your condemning a cpl for defending their own home,,,

Maybe I'm a c@nt, but you are a lying piece of shit. I never defended anyone committing those violent acts in all those videos that get put up here. NEVER. Over 60% of the violent crime in this country is committed by white people, so do you crap your pants every time you see a large gathering of them? Like the patriot protest yesterday or the March on Washington? That oughta scare you, too, and make you grab your gun, based on this argument.

View attachment 357791

Haven't so far. I do not live in an ant hill city. I gave you no excuses, nor did I need to. If you are with protesters that appear to be a violent mob, there are just some places you would be better served, bypassing. Their home and mine are two of them. Suggest you go for the easier targets of opportunity and not take foolish chances.

View attachment 357791

Maybe I'm a c@nt, but you are a lying piece of shit. I never defended anyone committing those violent acts in all those videos that get put up here. NEVER. Over 60% of the violent crime in this country is committed by white people, so do you crap your pants every time you see a large gathering of them? Like the patriot protest yesterday or the March on Washington? That oughta scare you, too, and make you grab your gun, based on this argument.

youre also pathetic and a racist,,,

The couple was too scared to handle this well. In the very beginning when 500 people broke into the gated community the first thing the McCloskys did was go out, unarmed, to find out what was happening. They were threatened, the looters threatened to kill them, their dogs and burn their house down. That's when they went back and got the guns.

Law abiding people just need training. To Burn Loot Murder all property is their property. They can go into a gated community as easily as going into your house. Get your weapons out. Turn out all the lights in your home and take up stations at the windows inside your home. Take careful aim at the invaders and don't take it off until they either attack or leave.

my assumptions/opinion can be verified by the the accounts of their actions over the last month of riots,,,
But not at the home of the lawyers in that St. Louis community and that was the subject of the thread. Valid tactics are situation dependent. Your is possibly a loosing strategy, not an application of valid tactic. Relax. Remember to breath and think.

But not at the home of the lawyers in that St. Louis community and that was the subject of the thread. Valid tactics are situation dependent. Your is possibly a loosing strategy, not an application of valid tactic. Relax. Remember to breath and think.
thats why I gave my opinion and didnt state fact,,,

although they were justified in shooting once they broke through the gate their actions did stop them in their tracks

One Question:
Where is the protest and outcry to fire the St Louis prosecuter who dared call the trespassers peaceful and wanting to prosecute the Homeowners instead of the property invaders who threatened to murder him his wife and his dog?

Everyone should Write the ST Louis and State DA to investigate that prosecuter for the racism involved in her illogical stance, abuse of power to attempt to carry out a racist act, and derelict of duty that risks her city's citizens lives. Recommend firing her and bringing her up on charges. Otherwise this proves a double standard, but not in the way protesters would like people to believe.
The prosecutor is black. Of course she's a racist.

possibly,,,but no good plan survives first contact,,,

if in doubt shoot,,,

Forum List

Back