Video: St. Louis couple pulls guns on trespassing protesters

Oh lord. In that case in Georgia it could well be Aggravated Assault. It is illegal to use a firearm in a threatening manner. I know. You don’t like the law. You think it is stupid. Whatever. That is the law in Georgia. It would have been smarter to stay inside. You have cover and concealment you do not have in the front Yard. Also there can be no claim that you instigated the confrontation.

They're on their property. As long as he doesn't draw down on the protesters with that AR, he's fine.

And, this may shock you, but we're not discussing the law in Georgia. You're only making yourself look silly by bringing it up as though it matters...

Being smart and tactically sound does not appear to be a prerequisite for self defense. If it was me I would want cover from return fire. As much as I could get. I would also have put on my helmet and vest. In addition to the armor plate the vest holds additional ammunition as well as a first aid kit.

Okay, Hondo...

They have nothing. Nothing but bluster and intimidation. If the bullets started flying they would likely get hit too. They counted on the intimidation working.

Looks like ti did...

It was dumb. And if the bullets had started flying they may well face criminal charges if they survive. So tactically it is smarter to stay inside with cover and concealment. Logistically it is smarter to stay near your ammo supply and assistance for injury or wounds. Legally it is smarter not to step out and start the confrontation.

Sorry. But that is just the way it is.

In your little fantasy world I'm sure it is...

If the McCloskeys have tremendous insurance, escaping out the back and letting the rioters burn the joint might have been a better solution. They could use the insurance money to rebuild in the suburbs, where they don't have this kind of civil unrest.

That's a statement that could only be belched up by a cowardly pussy.

Maybe you can count on your husband to protect you...

Everyone is calling these two "Ken and Karen". Any time a white woman is captured on camera doing something the left doesn't like, like calling cops on brown people she gets called a 'Karen'. Really no different than calling random black people Deshawn and Shaniqua except the latter will get you banned from social media.

What the McCloskeys did shouldn't be commended. I could see them being nervous.

The McCloskeys won't get in trouble because they're rich white professionals and they will say they were defending themselves. But it is a bad example to set and I don't blame the DA for being concerned about it. Let the police handle it if guns have to be involved. QUIT playing cowboys out there.

They won’t get in trouble because the laws are different there than in Georgia for example. In Georgia it would have been aggravated assault. As the McMichaels found out to their shock.

Personally I probably would have broken out the firepower and then waited inside. At that point if I had to shoot there would be little choice but it being totally defensive. No prosecutor would stand a chance if it went to court claiming either manslaughter or murder.

There's not a single illegal thing about standing on your property with a firearm. Nothing...

Oh lord. In that case in Georgia it could well be Aggravated Assault. It is illegal to use a firearm in a threatening manner. I know. You don’t like the law. You think it is stupid. Whatever. That is the law in Georgia. It would have been smarter to stay inside. You have cover and concealment you do not have in the front Yard. Also there can be no claim that you instigated the confrontation.

Being smart and tactically sound does not appear to be a prerequisite for self defense. If it was me I would want cover from return fire. As much as I could get. I would also have put on my helmet and vest. In addition to the armor plate the vest holds additional ammunition as well as a first aid kit.

They have nothing. Nothing but bluster and intimidation. If the bullets started flying they would likely get hit too. They counted on the intimidation working. There was no plan B if the intimidation failed.

It was dumb. And if the bullets had started flying they may well face criminal charges if they survive. So tactically it is smarter to stay inside with cover and concealment. Logistically it is smarter to stay near your ammo supply and assistance for injury or wounds. Legally it is smarter not to step out and start the confrontation.

If the McCloskeys have tremendous insurance, escaping out the back and letting the rioters burn the joint might have been a better solution. They could use the insurance money to rebuild in the suburbs, where they don't have this kind of civil unrest.

I’m for defending your home. But I am also for doing it smart. Going out is good for the ego, but dumb in every way imaginable.

The McCloskeys won't get in trouble because they're rich white professionals and they will say they were defending themselves. But it is a bad example to set and I don't blame the DA for being concerned about it. Let the police handle it if guns have to be involved. QUIT playing cowboys out there.

They won’t get in trouble because the laws are different there than in Georgia for example. In Georgia it would have been aggravated assault. As the McMichaels found out to their shock.

Personally I probably would have broken out the firepower and then waited inside. At that point if I had to shoot there would be little choice but it being totally defensive. No prosecutor would stand a chance if it went to court claiming either manslaughter or murder.

There's not a single illegal thing about standing on your property with a firearm. Nothing...

They have nothing. Nothing but bluster and intimidation. If the bullets started flying they would likely get hit too. They counted on the intimidation working. There was no plan B if the intimidation failed.

I’m for defending your home. But I am also for doing it smart. Going out is good for the ego, but dumb in every way imaginable.
in this case it was the right thing to do because the rioters left,,if they didnt I can assure you the rioters would still be there today in a bigger number,,,

They're on their property. As long as he doesn't draw down on the protesters with that AR, he's fine.

And, this may shock you, but we're not discussing the law in Georgia. You're only making yourself look silly by bringing it up as though it matters...

Okay, Hondo...

They have nothing. Nothing but bluster and intimidation. If the bullets started flying they would likely get hit too. They counted on the intimidation working.

Looks like ti did...

In your little fantasy world I'm sure it is...

You’re an idiot. You’re the kind of idiot that if he ever had to shoot someone would happily discuss it at length with the police without a lawyer. Then you would be furious that you faced charges, because you talked yourself into prison.

Things may be cut and dried and very simple in your fantasy world, but in the real world there are thousands of laws. Chances are you broke at least one at some point, and if you want to avoid criminal prosecution, you try to avoid as many as possible, and you don’t trust the cops to see things your way.

Among other groups I pay to be a member of, like the NRA, I joined USCCA which provides money if I am ever involved in a Shooting, God Forbid, and their advice is the same as every other person with a modicum of intelligence. Do not talk to the cops without a lawyer. Mistake number four that the McMichaels made by the way.

I mentioned the laws in Georgia, because I had originally said that the laws there were different. A point you either forgot, or did not notice. Not surprising since you have the attention span and depth of thought of a droplet of water on a hot summers stretch of asphalt.

Go ahead, and do things your way thinking you are right and everyone else is wrong. Don’t blame me when you run afoul of several sections of the Criminal Code. Don’t blame me when you talk yourself into trouble with the law. Don’t blame SJW’s, or BLM, or anyone else. It is nobody’s fault but yours.

And in closing, take a flying fuck at a rolling donut.

in this case it was the right thing to do because the rioters left,,if they didnt I can assure you the rioters would still be there today in a bigger number,,,

It was dumb. They were lucky it worked. If it had gone sideways they were without cover, support, or anything else they would desperately wish for. It was dumb. All it would have taken is one jackass from the crowd to fire one round, just one. Any unarmed people trespassing who got shot would not be justified. They would not be written off as poor bastards stuck in the crossfire like when cops shoot into a crowd. They would have been victims and then multiple counts of at least reckless endangerment.

Going out like that counts on everything working exactly as you hope. Like Hitler invading the Soviet Union. Every single thing had to break his way for the plan to work. If one thing went wrong, he and Nazi Germany were doomed. ThIs time they got lucky. I keep saying lucky because it was luck.

And it doesn’t matter how right you were, if you are dead. You could have been in the running for Sainthood, but dead, you’re just worm food. It is why the rules for Combat are written in the blood of those who learned the lessons the hard way. Cover, concealment, and good defensive positions have won more battles than ego and intimidation ever have.

It was dumb. They were lucky it worked. If it had gone sideways they were without cover, support, or anything else they would desperately wish for. It was dumb. All it would have taken is one jackass from the crowd to fire one round, just one. Any unarmed people trespassing who got shot would not be justified. They would not be written off as poor bastards stuck in the crossfire like when cops shoot into a crowd. They would have been victims and then multiple counts of at least reckless endangerment.

Going out like that counts on everything working exactly as you hope. Like Hitler invading the Soviet Union. Every single thing had to break his way for the plan to work. If one thing went wrong, he and Nazi Germany were doomed. ThIs time they got lucky. I keep saying lucky because it was luck.

And it doesn’t matter how right you were, if you are dead. You could have been in the running for Sainthood, but dead, you’re just worm food. It is why the rules for Combat are written in the blood of those who learned the lessons the hard way. Cover, concealment, and good defensive positions have won more battles than ego and intimidation ever have.
maybe,,,but as we saw the results were positive,,,

One good thing about the likely election of the Honorable Joseph R. Biden, Jr., is that the Dems will be able to get the militants to cool it.

The Dems know how to work with the militants in order to get them to stand down.

The militants will be asked to stop frightening good people by going into nice neighborhoods.

In return, the militants will be given financial rewards, appointments to government jobs, and the kind of legislation that they have been demanding.

I plan to vote for President Trump, but I acknowledge that his election would probably lead to violence the likes of which this nation has never seen since 1861.

The street violence, exacerbated by the pandemic tragedy, is tearing this country apart in a way that no one could have possibly imagined when 2020 dawned.

I do not think that I am being a Chicken Little.

All I have to say to this post?
FUCK THAT!!!!
You dont appease mobs,you wipe em out.

With all due respect, Americans would NOT tolerate wiping out the mob.

This is not South Africa during Apartheid or China during Tiananmen Square.

But -- ironically -- if the militants of that movement (whose initials I refuse to say/write) ever become dominant, it might indeed have no compunctions about wiping out its opponents.

Let's all hope President Biden (or the people who will actually run the government in his name) will be able to persuade the mob to calm down. Giving them a lot of goodies has worked in the past.

Just say no to appeasement.

Imagine this, the man in front of you bets a million dollars on Roulette. He bets 32. As an unbelievable bit of luck, the fellow wins. The ball lands in 32. He takes his winnings and walks away. Now, lauding that fellow is what the Casino will do, posting his pictures all over to show the suckers that they can win big at the Casino, when everyone else loses many millions at the same table.

Saying the first fellow is lucky, and anyone else would be a fool to follow in his footsteps is good advice when we are talking about gambling. However, for some reason, we laude the same idiot with skill when we are talking about stepping into a tactically bad situation, and coming out in one piece victorious.

Imagine this, the man in front of you bets a million dollars on Roulette. He bets 32. As an unbelievable bit of luck, the fellow wins. The ball lands in 32. He takes his winnings and walks away. Now, lauding that fellow is what the Casino will do, posting his pictures all over to show the suckers that they can win big at the Casino, when everyone else loses many millions at the same table.

Saying the first fellow is lucky, and anyone else would be a fool to follow in his footsteps is good advice when we are talking about gambling. However, for some reason, we laude the same idiot with skill when we are talking about stepping into a tactically bad situation, and coming out in one piece victorious.
maybe,,,

Nothing wrong with having guns for defense, but it is illegal to point a gun at someone unless you have legal justification for killing someone. Its called reckless endangerment because all it takes is a flinch and it can go off.

I am fascinated. Are you suggesting that if a crowd of people representing a group already known for vandalism, looting and assault ASSEMBLE at one's front lawn-----if the owner has a gun, he cannot brandish it?
"legal justification for killing" As far as I know, confrontation with a potential robber or looter is not
LEGAL JUSTIFICATION FOR KILLING. Your post makes no sense but some people seem to have agreed with it

It is why the rules for Combat are written in the blood of those who learned the lessons the hard way.

LOL... Okay, there, Patton...

When I was Reclassed and Transferred to another base in my new MOS, one of the first things I did was put a poster up in the Team office. This was to help the new guys understand that combat is a brutal Darwinian event. Nothing you can ever do except not be there will guarantee that you do not get killed. But you can reduce the odds a bit. IT may start out as a coin toss, but with some training, thinking, and luck, you have a good chance of coming out of it alive.

D9D72F1D-B72C-4BF7-96BC-E0A97CD8A25D.jpeg

The lessons are don’t be stupid, unless that is your last choice. Then something stupid might be the right thing to do.

Pilots are taught not to do Victory Rolls over airfields. Not to do them at all really. Because they are dangerous and increase the odds of an accident in which all that training and time is shot to hell with the fire of a burning aircraft and a dead pilot. Don’t do dumb things is pretty much lesson one in the Military for those who want to survive.

An example, digging fighting positions, or Foxholes, is hard miserable work. But those holes are worth a mountain of gold and diamonds to the soldier who has fire incoming. They increase the odds of survival. They do not mean you won’t die, but they do mean that you have a far better chance of surviving. Oh, and the lesson taught to me when I was young and stupid by those older and wiser was this. Cover and Concealment. Concealment blocks view, cover blocks bullets. Cover is the best choice, concealment if it is all you have,

If they defended their life and property then they perpetuate the misery of the downtrodden who are merely, humbly seeking assistance toward a better life. If these whites have the privilege of a good life then why not the Burn Loot and Murder .????

Nothing wrong with having guns for defense, but it is illegal to point a gun at someone unless you have legal justification for killing someone. Its called reckless endangerment because all it takes is a flinch and it can go off.

I am fascinated. Are you suggesting that if a crowd of people representing a group already known for vandalism, looting and assault ASSEMBLE at one's front lawn-----if the owner has a gun, he cannot brandish it?
"legal justification for killing" As far as I know, confrontation with a potential robber or looter is not
LEGAL JUSTIFICATION FOR KILLING. Your post makes no sense but some people seem to have agreed with it

It depends on the laws of the state and city you are in. There is no universally accepted standard. In Georgia, brandishing a weapon like that, is called Aggravaded Assault. It is a Felony that will see you locked up for a few years to contemplate your misdeeds. In other states, it is legal, if not advisable.

Whenever you are discussing what you can do with a Bang Stick, and what the Pew Pew will be viewed as legally speaking, you are well advised to seek information. Classes, or online information from those reputable groups. Note, none of those reputable groups are going to be posting here.

Georgia is, or was before the McMichaels Proved the point of the anti gun loons, considering changing the law to allow holding someone at gunpoint providing that you have caught them in a Felony. Right now, you can’t. If you do, then the baddie may be going to jail, but you certainly will be.

I started my responses to this thread by saying I do not know what the law in Missouri is. I still don’t know. But I do know in Georgia, the homeowners would likely be in a lot of trouble. It doesn’t make much sense to protect your house from the mob in the one way almost certain to see you lose it to afford legal fees for your defense. It would be wiser, and in more than one way, to do this from within your house. Arm up, grab the bang stick, I would, and stay inside. I certainly would do that.

I don’t know what the future might hold in that situation, but I do know being inside gives me advantages that being out in a bare front yard without cover or concealment does not give me.

Look at the cops, when they are in those shooting situations, they try and put something between themselves and the baddie to stop the bullets. A car, a wall, something to stop the bullets.

I still say it was a gamble, and they got lucky. It paid off, but doing it was not smart, and left them with no plan B should the intimidation attempt fail.

If they defended their life and property then they perpetuate the misery of the downtrodden who are merely, humbly seeking assistance toward a better life. If these whites have the privilege of a good life then why not the Burn Loot and Murder .????

thank you for you input. -------come again---some day

Why is it that when blacks take over a section of town, it is nothing but another Detroit riddled with crime, drugs, rapes and murders?

:desk:

Answer: Because blacks have a violent nature to others regardless of skin color or race. Must be in their DNA because it has gone on since the beginning of time. And, their thinking skills are not the same as anyone elses because they are too angry at themselves, the world, other people, to see that the root cause of their angst comes from THEM. They warred, battled, maimed, killed, abducted other tribes (black), then sold them into slavery yet blame the buyers instead of the sellers.
They attack each other and anyone else they see that they think does not give them "respect" yet have no inkling what that word even means. To them, it means to dominate to their standards..which is mostly nil and childlike.

There are a few that are not of the same ilk as most. But then the dregs call them names and would kill them or sell them if we were back a few centuries. They think their violence shows their intelligence and have no idea just how warped that mindset is.

Maybe the whole damn race is sociopaths:

• Superficial charm and good intelligence
  • Absence of delusions and other signs of irrational thinking
  • Absence of nervousness or neurotic manifestations
  • Unreliability
  • Untruthfulness and insincerity
  • Lack of remorse and shame
  • Inadequately motivated antisocial behavior
  • Poor judgment and failure to learn by experience
  • Pathologic egocentricity and incapacity for love
  • General poverty in major affective reactions
  • Specific loss of insight