Very efficient solar cells

You can look at any technology and see that when it reaches its practically complete state it bursts onto the scene and literally alters the landscape.

I don’t believe that solar cells have reached their practically complete state yet. They just aren’t efficient enough yet. When they become more efficient the demand will increase and the economy of scale will drive down their cost further.

Conceptually they are a good idea because it increases the number of generating sites and distributes the supply closer to the end user. As well as decreases the impact of supply disruptions. They will most likely not be a good solution for every location but should be used where it makes sense.

It’s because they have alternative options which are more cost effective.
you need to update your education on modern solar panels,,,they produce far cheaper energy when used at a personal level with a grid tie system than any of the other options and you own them,,,solar farms are a joke democrats play on the uneducated
If that were the case and the economics favored them over traditional sources they would be on every home where the economics favored them.
it might have to do with all the misinformation being pushed about them,,,

I have seen several cases where using a grid tie system electric bills have gone negative and profits are being made by the home owner,,,one case is in BC canada,,
I understand what you are saying but it’s been my experience that when something has an economic advantage people flock to it.

unless of course there are many people spreading misinformation about it,,,which is the case with solar,,,
Again, I don’t believe that would prevent it from being used where it makes sense to use it.

If anything the market is telling the manufacturers to make a better product which is a good thing. This way they have an incentive to make improvements.

you need to update your education on modern solar panels,,,they produce far cheaper energy when used at a personal level with a grid tie system than any of the other options and you own them,,,solar farms are a joke democrats play on the uneducated
If that were the case and the economics favored them over traditional sources they would be on every home where the economics favored them.

I have seen several cases where using a grid tie system electric bills have gone negative and profits are being made by the home owner,,,one case is in BC canada,,
I understand what you are saying but it’s been my experience that when something has an economic advantage people flock to it.

unless of course there are many people spreading misinformation about it,,,which is the case with solar,,,
Again, I don’t believe that would prevent it from being used where it makes sense to use it.

where it makes sense to use it like in the southwest the energy companies are the ones fighting against it for personal use and are pushing solar farms instead,,,

Oh wow does it make the sun shine on cloudy days and at night?
I don't care what you do to it, solar is a hoax and a waste to keep technological fools amused.
what about the areas where the sun shines 330 days a yr??
Not in the USA.
Sunniest Places in United States - Current Results
why these citys on the list dont have panels on every house boggles the mind,,,,

most people dont know that the current high quality panels work during cloudy days pretty good
Most people don’t have the money to buy and install a large array of solar panels.
only because we allow dems and republicans to run our lives,,,
That’s part of it. There is also a shadow government controlled by forces controlled by the billionaires. They have enormous power.

It’s time to start over.

what about the areas where the sun shines 330 days a yr??
Not in the USA.
Sunniest Places in United States - Current Results
why these citys on the list dont have panels on every house boggles the mind,,,,

most people dont know that the current high quality panels work during cloudy days pretty good
Most people don’t have the money to buy and install a large array of solar panels.
only because we allow dems and republicans to run our lives,,,
That’s part of it. There is also a shadow government controlled by forces controlled by the billionaires. They have enormous power.

It’s time to start over.

we've needed to hit the reset button on the constitution for a long time ,,,
but as long as we allow dem and repube parties live that will never happen

where it makes sense to use it like in the southwest the energy companies are the ones fighting against it for personal use and are pushing solar farms instead,,,
They can’t stop me.

You can look at any technology and see that when it reaches its practically complete state it bursts onto the scene and literally alters the landscape.

I don’t believe that solar cells have reached their practically complete state yet. They just aren’t efficient enough yet. When they become more efficient the demand will increase and the economy of scale will drive down their cost further.

Conceptually they are a good idea because it increases the number of generating sites and distributes the supply closer to the end user. As well as decreases the impact of supply disruptions. They will most likely not be a good solution for every location but should be used where it makes sense.
its clear you need to update your education on the modern solar systems,,,their efficiency has surpassed what it takes to make them and are making profits when used in a grid tie system,,,

this like all new tech needed time to evolve and although it still has more evolution to go they are well worth it in many applications

its clear you need to update your education on the modern solar systems,,,their efficiency has surpassed what it takes to make them and are making profits when used in a grid tie system,,,

this like all new tech needed time to evolve and although it still has more evolution to go they are well worth it in many applications
If that were the case they’d be installed everywhere.

If they increase the efficiency to 80% they won’t need subsidies. Not to mention economies of scale as demand rises.
Great.

If solar power ever becomes viable, its biggest problem will be government trying to regulate it to death or tax it for the politicians personal greed.
It’s viable now. It’s not economically feasible now but that can change with improvements in technology and economies of scale.
Wrong

Opinion | The Steel Mill That Helped Build the American West Goes Green

At 25% efficiency and with 6 hours of sun per day, 10 m2 equals about 20 kW. That's a lot of power out of a space of about 100 square feet. It is paid for one time and lasts indefinitely, probably more than 25 years.
It is "economical" now, and is only getting more so. Those whose interests are maintained by centralized power have absolutely no intention of letting such a thing loose if they can help it.

Last edited:
If they increase the efficiency to 80% they won’t need subsidies. Not to mention economies of scale as demand rises.
Great.

If solar power ever becomes viable, its biggest problem will be government trying to regulate it to death or tax it for the politicians personal greed.
It’s viable now. It’s not economically feasible now but that can change with improvements in technology and economies of scale.
Wrong

Opinion | The Steel Mill That Helped Build the American West Goes Green
Again. The proof is in the pudding. There is no grand conspiracy.

Agreed. Many people living in RVs have installed solar on the roof. Newer applications can supply all the electrical needs for a large RV, except for running AC units and microwave.

I have a small array on my motorhome, that provides enough energy to keep my batteries charged while the RV is in open storage. We intend to upgrade our panels and controller, so that we can boondock for long periods of time, off the grid and with minimal use of our generator.

Agreed. Many people living in RVs have installed solar on the roof. Newer applications can supply all the electrical needs for a large RV, except for running AC units and microwave.

I have a small array on my motorhome, that provides enough energy to keep my batteries charged while the RV is in open storage. We intend to upgrade our panels and controller, so that we can boondock for long periods of time, off the grid and with minimal use of our generator.
I’m surprised big government and evil corporations didn’t stop you.

Sarcasm over.

This is my point though. Where it makes sense people will use them and there is no grand conspiracy why they aren’t more widespread.

Sarcasm over.

This is my point though. Where it makes sense people will use them and there is no grand conspiracy why they aren’t more widespread.
My comments about government and corporations have nothing to do with solar.

Sarcasm over.

only if you ignore the big energy companys that want a meter on everything

Sarcasm over.

So what?

The evil government requires a driver's license to drive.

Sarcasm over.

So what?

WTF does that have to do with it???

Sarcasm over.

So what?

Exactly. Same goes for the big energy company wanting to install a meter on everything.

You already have a meter. If you produce more energy than you use, you get to sell it back to them. You need a meter for that.

Sarcasm over.

So what?

Exactly. Same goes for the big energy company wanting to install a meter on everything.

You already have a meter. If you produce more energy than you use, you get to sell it back to them. You need a meter for that.
I dont think they like the idea that the meter favors the home owner and not them,,,and that alone would be why they slam personal panels and favor solar farms instead,,,that way the meter flows one way in their favor,,,

Forum List

Back