USMB Coffee Shop IV

FxArj3qXwAIWTyF.jpg

One of the hottest Memorial days in recent memory. We used to go to the brothers lake cabin on this day but wife opted out several yrs ago because it was always cold and raining. Feels like summer today
Yes they say an El Nino is developing in the Pacific and that could mean an unusually warm summer for many of us I guess. We've had cooler than normal summers for several years now so we're probably overdue to a prolonged hot spell.

Just calling this post another "notes to myself" which I hope you skip if you have perfect health, but not if you have a family member or beloved friend that is plagued by neural issues.

I ran into an article on youtube about these neurological health issues--neuropathy, which shows up in foot and leg pain, numb fingers, carpal tunnel, etc., and it says you can defeat this problem by taking extra supplements (outside of your age- and gender-related daily supplements which satisfy normal people's nutritional needs) The extra vitamins that assist neuropathy are : Neuropathy healers: (1) Vitamin B12, (2) Vitamin E, (3) Alpha Lipoic Acid, (4)Vitamin B1 (thiamine), (5) Omega3 fatty acids, (6) Magnesuium Sulfate, and (7) Turmeric's curcumin. If you have any form of neuropathy, which includes the above symptoms, keep in mind it comforts the symptomatic problems in the youtube source I mentioned, so I'm just putting it here in case I have these issues. The issue that bothers me most is brain fog, which caused me problems the 15 years I had a disease doctors call "fibromyalgia," which I am guessing is a precursor to my current neuropathy issues like carpal tunnel syndrome (pain and tingling in hands due to overuse of wrists, hands, and fingers) which I hope continues at youtube. My experience with ignoring symptoms likely extended my years of extremely painful fibromyalgia, which is a RPITB. (royal pain in the...)
I'm already taking 4 of the above regularly, which has helped me a lot, especially the unpleasant numb tingling in my hands when I overwork my arts of crochet, piecing quilts, which requires a lot of fabric cutting both with a rotary cutter and sharp scissors, design artwork using hands constantly, and even turning the pages in my favorite books on birds, butterflies, the bible, nutrition, medical science, dictionary, and literature books. Sewing charity quilts and crocheting cotton potholders and dishrags for gifts consumes much of my hand abuse. All of that stuff makes me really a happy person all the time. I like the article below, because it gets into nutritional science big time. I thank foxfyre for letting me post my "notes to self" here occasionally. I've had such good luck with nutrition in healing my little aches and pains, I would hope what I find helps someone here who either experiences pain or has a friend or loved one who needs some kind of intervention to avoid going to the hospital for an extended stay when the going gets really tough. I have not mentioned all the yukky stuff that can result from ignoring neuropathological concerns.

Last edited:
One of the hottest Memorial days in recent memory. We used to go to the brothers lake cabin on this day but wife opted out several yrs ago because it was always cold and raining. Feels like summer today
Some of the best "vacations" we ever experienced included going out to Lake Alcova that is about 20 miles west of Casper, Wyoming, where we lived for 35 years. The love of nature, hiking and swimming can result in a positive attitude adjustment any day of the year. Your post brought back some very fond memories, MOTS. Thanks.

Some of the best "vacations" we ever experienced included going out to Lake Alcova that is about 20 miles west of Casper, Wyoming, where we lived for 35 years. The love of nature, hiking and swimming can result in a positive attitude adjustment any day of the year. Your post brought back some very fond memories, MOTS. Thanks.
I also remember our camping days fondly despite that camping is dang hard work--getting the stuff together, figuring out meals that require minimal refrigeration, making sure there is fuel for the Coleman lanterns, packing the car or camper, setting up the campsite, doing necessary chores in less than optimum conditions, and then reversing all that when it is time to go home.

But being out in nature away from television, radio, hopefully mobile phones these days, etc. is quite therapeutic emotionally and physically.

It was definitely worth doing.

Sitting here this morning, and missing church again. I didn't go, because my black eye looks worse than a Halloween mask. It's a shiner by any other name, but this one is black all the way around the eye socket and it's traveled down to my face. eek!!! I bought some skin regenerist yesterday at Walmart and applied it. At least it's soft. I can hardly stand the way it looks. Think I'll go upstairs and work on a charity quilt. That kind of work always takes my mind off any kind of storm.

We have 4 cats. The 2 little sisters and 2 big Toms. We let the Toms out under supervision. One Eats the grass the other rolls in the mulch and stalks thru the flowers and bushes. Last night the largest one spent the night outside. He likes to shoot past ya when you are coming or going and you dont always notice him. We were up for a little bit this morning and we hear this howling outside the door. Pull the blinds back and there is Tiger. Something scared him cause it looked like he crapped himself.

We have 4 cats. The 2 little sisters and 2 big Toms. We let the Toms out under supervision. One Eats the grass the other rolls in the mulch and stalks thru the flowers and bushes. Last night the largest one spent the night outside. He likes to shoot past ya when you are coming or going and you dont always notice him. We were up for a little bit this morning and we hear this howling outside the door. Pull the blinds back and there is Tiger. Something scared him cause it looked like he crapped himself.
I love cats, but my 5-year old cat disappeared two weeks ago when I sent her outside to go potty. I'm worried that a snake got her, because we've had a lot of snakes trying to get into the chicken coops, so my pistol I bought a couple of years ago has been put to the purpose of getting rid of snakes. Since I have failed to learn how to use the darn thing (I really don't like guns), one of my friends' 40-year-old sons killed snakes every morning before feeding time for all of last week. Now, he's gone and I am stuck with needing to go to the local shooting range and see if some one will teach me gun safety. I'm too old for this, but I don't know how to get rid of snakes except to buy a couple of horses. Someone told me snakes can't stand the smell of horse patties. I don't know what to do to keep the snakes out of the coop. They want to eat my hens.

MOTS, get yourself some nice kitty food for me, give it to your kitties, and I'll consider it a gift to the memory of my precious girl cat, Piccolo. I think that even though I found no trace of her on my property, she's in a better place now than around here. I had no idea she would disappear when put out to go potty. Her disappearance was almost immediate, imho. :(

Last edited:
A rake or a hoe will do just as well to kill snakes. Your cat is more than likely still around maybe looking for a mate. Snakes are after the eggs mostly instead of the hens unless they are small chickens. Good luck with it all and good morning☕ 🥞 🙂

I love cats, but my 5-year old cat disappeared two weeks ago when I sent her outside to go potty. I'm worried that a snake got her, because we've had a lot of snakes trying to get into the chicken coops, so my pistol I bought a couple of years ago has been put to the purpose of getting rid of snakes. Since I have failed to learn how to use the darn thing (I really don't like guns), one of my friends' 40-year-old sons killed snakes every morning before feeding time for all of last week. Now, he's gone and I am stuck with needing to go to the local shooting range and see if some one will teach me gun safety. I'm too old for this, but I don't know how to get rid of snakes except to buy a couple of horses. Someone told me snakes can't stand the smell of horse patties. I don't know what to do to keep the snakes out of the coop. They want to eat my hens.

MOTS, get yourself some nice kitty food for me, give it to your kitties, and I'll consider it a gift to the memory of my precious girl cat, Piccolo. I think that even though I found no trace of her on my property, she's in a better place now than around here. I had no idea she would disappear when put out to go potty. Her disappearance was almost immediate, imho. :(are
What kind of snakes are we talking?

A rake or a hoe will do just as well to kill snakes. Your cat is more than likely still around maybe looking for a mate. Snakes are after the eggs mostly instead of the hens unless they are small chickens. Good luck with it all and good morning☕ 🥞 🙂
Thanks, Ig325. I'm rather afraid of the 1.5m water moccasins that I'd seen in the past as black, until the last one I saw was this odd green color. I looked it up, and sure enough, they had a picture of a green water moccasin one online somewhere. aak!
What kind of snakes are we talking?
Water mocasins. Several days later, I found a few small gray hairs out front. At first, I thought it was hers, but there were no other shades of gray, and she had both white and black areas on her beautiful markings, so I guessed it was unlikely hers because she had a barrel of different shades from white to black, and that could have been a gray squirrel's coat. Now, I don't really know what she did nor where she went. She hated dogs, and when the puppies were born, there were 9 hardy little mischiefs that grew so fast only three were given away. So now there are four males, two girls and mama Songie and I love all of them. Songie doesn't mind too well, and none of the boys mind although Spottie can't hear a word because he is stone deaf, except he doesn't cause any trouble. Have to go. My shiner is twitching. /excuse.

New Topics

Forum List

Back