USMB Coffee Shop IV

50fa837de1c6308b9872bb9fa7d13cc6--fence-pokemon.jpg

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Hombre posted this on Facebook today. And I had to giggle. He is partially color blind on several colors so his choice of colors is usually not anywhere close to what I consider appropriate. When we built our last home in Kansas, I told him he could decorate the half bath off the downstairs family room and he chose this super bright, multi-colored psychedelic busy modern print wall paper. In that small space it was pretty but overwhelming. Almost made you dizzy to go in there. But we had a lot of fun with it. :)

346823151_497897282462811_2787110915554395315_n.jpg

Good night, afternoon, morning wherever you are darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here.

And we pray or send positive thoughts or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list. Another surgery coming up.
Nosmo King for healing and health & wholeness.
Big Black Dog for the very best treatment and outcome for the rest of his days.
Gracie for solutions and peace.
Ringel for continued wellness and his brothers' families for relief from adversity and illness.
Hombre & Foxfyre's son for continued wellness & their nephew dealing with ALS.
Beautress's friend Ken for healing and wellness.
Dale Smith for quality of life.
Boedicca's nephew for healing/adversity and baby Emma for healing and full recovery.
Mindful for successful impending radiation therapy.
SFC Ollie for healing and wellness
Foxfyre's Aunt Betty for resolution of difficult relationship and successful completion of her home sale so that she can live out her days as stress free as possible and enjoy life.

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they will.

Some say it is extravagant and wasteful creating something so large as one of the world's most beautiful gardens. But somehow I just think the world is better for them. This is Butchart Gardens in Victoria, Canada.
R.85e813944972f1c827f22322172802f2

Good night, afternoon, morning wherever you are darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here.

And we pray or send positive thoughts or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list. Another surgery coming up.
Nosmo King for healing and health & wholeness.
Big Black Dog for the very best treatment and outcome for the rest of his days.
Gracie for solutions and peace.
Ringel for continued wellness and his brothers' families for relief from adversity and illness.
Hombre & Foxfyre's son for continued wellness & their nephew dealing with ALS.
Beautress's friend Ken for healing and wellness.
Dale Smith for quality of life.
Boedicca's nephew for healing/adversity and baby Emma for healing and full recovery.
Mindful for successful impending radiation therapy.
SFC Ollie for healing and wellness
Foxfyre's Aunt Betty for resolution of difficult relationship and successful completion of her home sale so that she can live out her days as stress free as possible and enjoy life.

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they will.

Some say it is extravagant and wasteful creating something so large as one of the world's most beautiful gardens. But somehow I just think the world is better for them. This is Butchart Gardens in Victoria, Canada.
R.85e813944972f1c827f22322172802f2
Thank you, Foxfyre. How beautiful that is!

Update on Ken: Last week and this he's been in a physical therapy hospital 40 miles south of here to help clear his lungs. Thanks, Foxfyre, for keeping him on your prayer list for his emphysema. There probably is a miracle remedy on the horizon somewhere in the world, but nothing work when they think one cigarette a day won't hurt anything, only to be hauled off to a hospital the same morning, when they can't breathe after their morning tobacco inhalent. :dunno:

Thank you, Foxfyre. How beautiful that is!

Update on Ken: Last week and this he's been in a physical therapy hospital 40 miles south of here to help clear his lungs. Thanks, Foxfyre, for keeping him on your prayer list for his emphysema. There probably is a miracle remedy on the horizon somewhere in the world, but nothing work when they think one cigarette a day won't hurt anything, only to be hauled off to a hospital the same morning, when they can't breathe after their morning tobacco inhalent. :dunno:
My Uncle Ed (Aunt Betty's husband) died of COPD almost seven years ago but after he was diagnosed he had ten good years because he obeyed doctor's orders and he quit cigarettes (or any other breathed substances other than air and sometimes oxygen). He quit cigarettes cold turkey and never picked up another one.

COPD continues to progress but much much more slowly if the person abstains from the substance(s) that caused it and, follows doctor's orders. But even one cigarette can aggravate the worst symptoms. I hope Ken's time in rehab convinces him that the extreme but relatively temporary discomfort that can occur quitting tobacco products is far more bearable than the illnesses they can cause and/or aggravate.

Last edited:
Busy busy busy. End of last month I had a meeting with County Veterans Services, and walked out with 700 flags to decorate 2 cemeteries. This past Saturday my American Legion post and a few civilian volunteers placed them on Veterans graves. This coming Sunday The Village has a parade celebrating the Village. I (As the American Legion Commander) will lead the Parade Then I will MC the ceremony for those Veterans from the Village who were KIA. Which includes laying one rose for each of them as their names are read and a bell is rung followed by 21 guns.
Then I'll be the MC for the Memorial Day Ceremonies in 2 Cemeteries.
And to top it all off I got a call from one of the Village Councilmen to let me know that the Village was naming me citizen of the year. I'm going on a trip when this is all over.

Seriously he doesn't like to cook and he doesn't mind doing the dishes. So when we retired we just sort of settled into a routine that I cook and he does the dishes. I like to clean up as I go so he doesn't usually have much mess to deal with with just the two of us. He does help cook when we're having a lot of company though and I help with the dishes. No formal arrangement really but it works for us.

Did 10 miles with a 30 lb ruck today, for the 23rd Veteran group...The first part of each lap was humping it up about 200 yds of the ski hill where the event was held...Pooped doesn't begin to tell the tale.

A second one coming in August, which I plan on marching.

Last edited:
Busy busy busy. End of last month I had a meeting with County Veterans Services, and walked out with 700 flags to decorate 2 cemeteries. This past Saturday my American Legion post and a few civilian volunteers placed them on Veterans graves. This coming Sunday The Village has a parade celebrating the Village. I (As the American Legion Commander) will lead the Parade Then I will MC the ceremony for those Veterans from the Village who were KIA. Which includes laying one rose for each of them as their names are read and a bell is rung followed by 21 guns.
Then I'll be the MC for the Memorial Day Ceremonies in 2 Cemeteries.
And to top it all off I got a call from one of the Village Councilmen to let me know that the Village was naming me citizen of the year. I'm going on a trip when this is all over.
I wish we could all be there to see you receive your certificate or whatever they gives you for that. But nobody could deserve it more. Way to go SFC Ollie !!!!

I was yesterday afternoon at a "temporal set up" amusement park, the amusement park is once a year in may here, and it is called Maidult.

I had a beer, and cotton candy. I didnt ride anything, i guess im to heavy and it is mostly for children, some adults did too but mostly children.

Did 10 miles with a 30 lb ruck today, for the 23rd Veteran group...The first part of each lap was humping it up about 200 yds of the ski hill where the event was held...Pooped doesn't begin to tell the tale.

A second one coming in August, which I plan on marching.

Thinking of SFC Ollie 's service to the veterans and your post here and knowing what many others of our Coffee Shoppers do and have done to make the world a little happier, more interesting, more satisfying place to live for so many, I am reminded again:

We won't be remembered fondly for our business success, what we possess or do for ourselves. We will be remembered fondly for how we made people feel, our kindness and generosity to those in genuine need, what we did to make the world a little happier, more interesting, more satisfying place to live for so many.

Thinking of SFC Ollie 's service to the veterans and your post here and knowing what many others of our Coffee Shoppers do and have done to make the world a little happier, more interesting, more satisfying place to live for so many, I am reminded again:

We won't be remembered fondly for our business success, what we possess or do for ourselves. We will be remembered fondly for how we made people feel, our kindness and generosity to those in genuine need, what we did to make the world a little happier, more interesting, more satisfying place to live for so many.
My objective is to become involved with working my NLP/Hypnosis magic on the veterans who do their Recon course....Ultimately to do that as a profession and get out of the construction racket.

Already did some work with one of their participants, and he appears to have derived some measure of benefit from it....So I'm now working up a presentation to give at one of the Recon meetings, and work on the possibility of doing a separate seminar on healing the mind.

Forum List

Back