USMB Coffee Shop IV

How large is the house? Can you afford or can you borrow one or two window units sufficient to keep a couple of rooms livable?

I was able to pick up a second window unit for my apartment off a local buy and sell page for $100. It was nearly new. My apartment is about 800 square feet, and it's very nice indoors.
Never had the dimensions of the house measured unfortunately. The windows were constructed with secondary storm windows which are crank operated. Cranks are all busted and are the originals that came with it in 1959.

FTKlGqxVUAAgEcD.jpg

Okay, so the AC unit is broken. You can hear it running but the fan is not spinning. The only thing blowing any air are the auxiliary fans pulling 90-degree air into a 90-degree house interior.

I don't have the kind of income to accommodate any repairs or replacements.

This summer is shaping up to be hotter than usual and I have an elderly grandmother living in the house with me.
Your Grandma is 65 or older? Maybe call your local senior services and see what services might be available to help you? If you or she has a church, there may be some resources there too.

Are any of you playing the daily Wordle? Some of my Facebook friends have been playing and got me curious. Is only takes a couple of minutes to do, but it's rather intriguing and a bit addictive. It's purely guesswork for the most part but you try to guess the day's word in 6 or less guesses. White means the letter isn't in the word. Yellow means the letters are correct but in the wrong place. Green means the letter is correct and in the right place. Took me awhile to learn how to post my results this way instead of with the actual letters so I didn't spoil it for everybody else.

Wordle 336 3/6

🟨⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Might come down to that...
Honestly, I think that is a good idea…your grandmother is elderly, this heat will be a health hazard for her.

We put in a window unit (our windows are a crank style) because my husband, with is COPD and heart issues, can’t to,erase the heat. We took the entire window out and framed in the AC. It is enough to keep the lower level cool plus we have strategicly placed fans.

We're having fresh baked peanut butter cookies so we're safe too for the moment. :)

Warm cookies fresh from the oven are DIVINE! Smooth or crunchy PB? That is the eternal struggle chez boe.

Warm cookies fresh from the oven are DIVINE! Smooth or crunchy PB? That is the eternal struggle chez boe.
Smooth because when Hombre was wishing for cookies that's what we had in the house. Had there been crunchy PB available, I would have use it though.

Smooth because when Hombre was wishing for cookies that's what we had in the house. Had there been crunchy PB available, I would have use it though.

I prefer smooth. What brand of PB did you use? I think Jif is the best for cookies.

The wind didn't blow away your cookies did it?

I just closed up the house and turned the heat back on.........
We didn't get serious wind at our house but it is blowing and the temperature really dropped. Hopefully we won't get the 8-12" of snow Colorado got though. Just supposed to be in the mid 70's tomorrow. We can't turn our heat on once the swamp cooler is up and running.

Forum List

Back