USMB Coffee Shop IV

I hesitate to change to Windows 11 because I don't want to lose The games that still work on Win 10.
And that's a possibility. I found one problem with the sound in one of my most played multiplayer games, found videos on how to correct that and it worked. So far that's the only issue I've had, keeping my fingers crossed.........
Which games are you worried about?

FTA2CcDUEAARnE2.jpg

I'm pretty basic. Gold edition, expansion. I Have Age II but haven't tried it.
Okay, you're still play with the first one. Yeah, I believe AoE 1 and 2 won't play on Win 11. I remember some games I had that I loved to play on XP that wouldn't work on Win 7. I just moved on and found other games I now love to play and for now they still work on Win 11 but I know eventually those will become unplayable on Windows versions to come. That's just the way it is.

I hesitate to change to Windows 11 because I don't want to lose The games that still work on Win 10.
That's me too Ollie. I have software that I had to hold my mouth just right to get Windows 10 to accept it--Windows 8 would not. The newer versions made for Windows 10 just don't have the same creative elements and are not anywhere near as enjoyable as the old software. Programmers these days just don't have the same wonderful sense of creativity and humor the previous generation had.

I have boot & shoe fitting problems, always have, currently I wear a 10.5 4E width and I have an 18" calf. This makes it problematic when looking for riding boots (motorcycle). Finally found what I was looking for but in a square toed "cowboy" boot on Zappos. They arrived today and they fit. Just a little snug in the instep but I expected that and it's the only spot I need to break in. These boots have a definite southwest feel to them, I'm happy. :thup:

71BmdiqOuJL._AC_SR920,736_.jpg

Okay, so the AC unit is broken. You can hear it running but the fan is not spinning. The only thing blowing any air are the auxiliary fans pulling 90-degree air into a 90-degree house interior.

I don't have the kind of income to accommodate any repairs or replacements.

This summer is shaping up to be hotter than usual and I have an elderly grandmother living in the house with me.

Okay, so the AC unit is broken. You can hear it running but the fan is not spinning. The only thing blowing any air are the auxiliary fans pulling 90-degree air into a 90-degree house interior.

This summer is shaping up to be hotter than usual and I have an elderly grandmother living in the house with me.

How large is the house? Can you afford or can you borrow one or two window units sufficient to keep a couple of rooms livable?

I was able to pick up a second window unit for my apartment off a local buy and sell page for $100. It was nearly new. My apartment is about 800 square feet, and it's very nice indoors.

We were all exchanging moving horror stories and real estate law clerks like me have a million of them. This is one of my favourites:

I was assigned to make the phone call to the client, because everyone else burst out laughing, and couldn't do it.
Hello, is this Mr. Idiot Client? Yes Mr. Client, this is Liz, from Mr. Wolfe's office. We've have had a phone call from the purchasers' lawyers. You have to put the kitchen cupboards back, Idiot. They were nailed to the wall. Put them back. Right away.

I ended the call, because I needed the client to take me seriously so I could not laugh, and I couldn't hold it in any longer.

Here's a quick search I did on getting help in these areas. Hope you can find one that works for you.
house repair for people with limited income - Google Search

Forum List

Back