USMB Coffee Shop IV

Foxtail can also get lodged in the throat, too. I took my doxie in for dental work once and the doctor ended up picking infected foxtails out of her gums and throat.
Iā€™m worried my dog has foxtail in his ear. The emergency vet didnā€™t have a scope but said she doesnā€™t think so. But the only way to tell is if you have a scope. My dog covered himself in foxtail yesterday.

No emergency vets have room. The one that did didnā€™t have a scope. Their waiting message on hold says they have all the best. Such bullshit.

They say heā€™s whining now because the ear drop medicine is burning a little. I hope thatā€™s all it is.

They donā€™t know a lot about foxtail itā€™s a southern thing. But I went to a place that had it as a decoration.

Iā€™m worried my dog has foxtail in his ear. The emergency vet didnā€™t have a scope but said she doesnā€™t think so. But the only way to tell is if you have a scope. My dog covered himself in foxtail yesterday.

No emergency vets have room. The one that did didnā€™t have a scope. Their waiting message on hold says they have all the best. Such bullshit.

They say heā€™s whining now because the ear drop medicine is burning a little. I hope thatā€™s all it is.

They donā€™t know a lot about foxtail itā€™s a southern thing. But I went to a place that had it as a decoration.
Foxtail as is digitalis? Poor boy, he doing better?

It is a real hazard if it gets lodged somewhere in the dog. I hope you find a competent vet to check him out.

Foxtail as is digitalis? Poor boy, he doing better?
A little. I put the antibiotic drop in his ear again this morning heā€™s not whining like he did last night.

I donā€™t know if itā€™s also known as digitalis but that sounds about right.

I wish I could rush him in and scope his ear and nose. Seems impossible all the ers are full or donā€™t have the equipment

I just worry they arenā€™t taking this seriously enough because itā€™s usually only a southern thing.

Maybe the bush that covered him wasnā€™t foxtail. But it sure looks like it from what I remember.

Hes sneezing too. Not much but he is. I worry Iā€™m only treating the ear for infection and thereā€™s one in his nose. But they looked and didnt see any. But they didnā€™t sedate and scope him.

It is a real hazard if it gets lodged somewhere in the dog. I hope you find a competent vet to check him out.

If heā€™s acting a little better I wonder if heā€™s getting better or just better at dealing with it. I hate not knowing.

And is this something that can wait a few days? If he was still whining I did call a vet with a scope and they said they would look at him but give it a couple days. His ear infection medicine stings.

The vet who saw him said he may just have an ear infection. I find that awfully coincidental that the same day he got covered in foxtail the next day he has an ear infection.

This Thanksgiving I roasted a chicken with sausage stuffing, a turkey is just way too much. The next day I picked up my new ears and they are going to take some getting used to........ The good thing is they are not only rechargeable but I can use an app to control volume, balance, etc and wirelessly tie them in with my Audiologist's parent system for diagnosis and control if necessary.
The bad is now I can hear things I'm really not interested in hearing like my mechanical keyboard and clicking the mouse, etc........ :lol:

He hasn't called. Not spoken to him in 3 days. I will see him tomorrow though....when he is taken to the ENT. I figure he does not want to talk to me on the phone because he can't hear me and gets frustrated? I have no idea. I will see how he is mentally and physically tomorrow. Yes, I have called him but he refuses to take the call. And they will not let me in because I am unvaxxed. So...we are at a standstill.

A little. I put the antibiotic drop in his ear again this morning heā€™s not whining like he did last night.

I wish I could rush him in and scope his ear and nose. Seems impossible all the ers are full or donā€™t have the equipment

I just worry they arenā€™t taking this seriously enough because itā€™s usually only a southern thing.

Maybe the bush that covered him wasnā€™t foxtail. But it sure looks like it from what I remember.

Hes sneezing too. Not much but he is. I worry Iā€™m only treating the ear for infection and thereā€™s one in his nose. But they looked and didnt see any. But they didnā€™t sedate and scope him.
They have drops they can do and see eyes and nose, kinda turns yellow and you can see it. Just a simple ear scope like we have had since kids should show it. Foxtail I am used to was in WA state, tall plant, 3 feet maybe, yellow flowers. I'm in So central KY, haven't noticed foxtail but we sure do have many "hitch hiker weeds" He certainly has something in there. His bodies immune system, microphanges whatever they are called will eat it in time but got to be hard on him. Flush it? Or suck it out with an ear vac like an ENT does?

All the foxtail I've seen is a grass/weed rather than produced by a bush but there may be more than one type of it. But I hope you find out what's hurting him soon. They can't tell us exactly what their symptoms are so it is so hard to know. But tears at our hearts when we see them hurt.
Foxtail:
1638142367435.png

This Thanksgiving I roasted a chicken with sausage stuffing, a turkey is just way too much. The next day I picked up my new ears and they are going to take some getting used to........ The good thing is they are not only rechargeable but I can use an app to control volume, balance, etc and wirelessly tie them in with my Audiologist's parent system for diagnosis and control if necessary.
The bad is now I can hear things I'm really not interested in hearing like my mechanical keyboard and clicking the mouse, etc........ :lol:
You'll get used to it. Hearing assist is never going to be like our natural ears and yes it is annoying hearing things we didn't miss, but it sure beats not hearing.

All the foxtail I've seen is a grass/weed rather than produced by a bush but there may be more than one type of it. But I hope you find out what's hurting him soon. They can't tell us exactly what their symptoms are so it is so hard to know. But tears at our hearts when we see them hurt.
Foxtail:
View attachment 569502
Heā€™s a little better today. Last night he was still uncomfortable. This happened Friday. Heā€™s still sneezing a little but not bad. And heā€™s not complaining like he was. He would go stand behind me on the couch and whimper. Iā€™d pick him up and massage it till he stopped. I will talk to my vet today. If I can sedate and scope him I will. But they may tell me just keep treating the ear infection and watch him.

Only problem is then the foxtail is working itā€™s way deeper. But by now it is already too deep to see and could just pass safely thru his system. Maybe the internet is only telling me worse case but they were adamant to take him to vet and get him scoped. So it pissed me off when the emergency room didnā€™t sedate and scope him. Said they didnā€™t have the scope or time.

So Iā€™ve made it across the Pond. Ready to enjoy America.

First time ever Iā€™ve seen the immigration hall so empty. I was through there in ten minutes. Last time was four hours!

Some Covid related forms which had driven me mad, they didnā€™t even ask for. :dunno:

The guy processing me was a darling.

So Iā€™ve made it across the Pond. Ready to enjoy America.

First time ever Iā€™ve seen the immigration hall so empty. I was through there in ten minutes. Last time was four hours!

Some Covid related forms which had driven me mad, they didnā€™t even ask for. :dunno:

The guy processing me was a darling.
Welcome to the USA Mindful. Hope you have a wonderful, pleasant, trouble free stay here. I agree application of rules and laws and policy etc. is somewhat sporadic and arbitrary these days, sometimes for the best and sometimes not.

MrG has an upcoming appt this coming Tuesday with the ENT. Last time I spoke to him was last monday. He sounds much better. I made him laugh because I asked if he was still having anxiety attacks and he said no..not for a week. I think asked that maybe I am the cause of the attacks? He laughed and said no...its all in his head but he is working on it. H'es ready to come home, he said and I said hang in there til the ENT can explore his ears. So I am guessing not this weekend, but sometime late next week or weekend they will release him.

Forum List

Back