USMB Coffee Shop IV

Rumor is (I'm starting it) that the Lounge is going to put out one helluva feast for Thanksgiving, true? For everybody really, but especially for those who need somebody to care about them. So, if you have the time, show up and leave the politics for another time and place. The USMB has a lotta really nice people, and sometimes you might wanna have a good time with everybody here even if you don't see eye to eye on everything. Or anything, lol. I ain't the world's greatest cook, but I'm bringing a scalloped potato dish. I can read the directions on the box. Plus throw in the celery, onions, and ham, and it ain't that bad.

Rumor is (I'm starting it) that the Lounge is going to put out one helluva feast for Thanksgiving, true? For everybody really, but especially for those who need somebody to care about them. So, if you have the time, show up and leave the politics for another time and place. The USMB has a lotta really nice people, and sometimes you might wanna have a good time with everybody here even if you don't see eye to eye on everything. Or anything, lol. I ain't the world's greatest cook, but I'm bringing a scalloped potato dish. I can read the directions on the box. Plus throw in the celery, onions, and ham, and it ain't that bad.
Great idea task and you're right. USMB has some really wonderful people here, even among those who sometimes aren't so wonderful out there amidst the political threads. So I'm in. I thaw out a really good chocolate silk pie. (I can eat and enjoy pumpkin pie but it's not something I will often choose if there are other choices. And I'm tired of apple and cherry pie.)

I'll bring some pupu's...

1637717765839.png

1637717911725.png

1637718108450.png

Waiting for the main courses and other side dishes and desserts to arrive, meanwhile, Coffee Shoppers:

I don’t mean to be a Grinch, however....

to those of you who are placing Christmas lights/decorations in your yards, would you please avoid anything that has red and/or blue flashing lights together!! Every time I come around the corner, I think it's the police and I have a panic attack. I have to brake hard, toss my margarita out the window, fasten my seat belt, throw my phone on the floor, turn my radio down, and push the gun under the seat. All while trying to drive. It's just too much drama, even for Christmas. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Don't mean to be a downer, but..I think MrG is dying. Mentally and physically. He is now in a convalecent home (short term they said) until he is well enough to come home, but I don't think he wants to come home. Its been downhill since the fire. Little by little, the spark has left him. Now its in full swing with the panic attacks, the fall and his deafness (after his moderna shots), the lung problems, gall bladder surgery coming up, his untreated ptsd, his primary docs not knowing diddly squat and the surgeon taking all the steps to try to fix him, and his drinking just before the surgery which made him a zombie. He isn't drinking now, but he is not the same person any more...and doesn't care. He has given up. And I am helpless to do anything about it.

Don't mean to be a downer, but..I think MrG is dying. Mentally and physically. He is now in a convalecent home (short term they said) until he is well enough to come home, but I don't think he wants to come home. Its been downhill since the fire. Little by little, the spark has left him. Now its in full swing with the panic attacks, the fall and his deafness (after his moderna shots), the lung problems, gall bladder surgery coming up, his untreated ptsd, his primary docs not knowing diddly squat and the surgeon taking all the steps to try to fix him, and his drinking just before the surgery which made him a zombie. He isn't drinking now, but he is not the same person any more...and doesn't care. He has given up. And I am helpless to do anything about it.
So sorry Gracie. We can't know what makes a person just give up, but maybe they know it's time? Sometimes there is no quality of life left. Or there could be a dramatic reversal at any time too. Prayers continue.

It's hard to find the right words at a time like this. Life can beat you down sometimes, and pretty hard too. It's a choice we all have to make, whether to get back up or not until we run out of choices. I've got a sister-in-law who doesn't have much time left due to cancer, under such circumstances that make you wonder just how much life is worth living when all you're really doing is existing. May God bless you both.

And feel free to lean on us all you want.

I went to bed, but couldn't sleep. Someone gave me a xanax (blue..lowest dose) and I cut it in half. Didnt do anhthing. So I took the other half son afterl Nothingl I worryl And feel so damn guilty.He hasn't called yet today. I don't know if I should call him or not. What if he doesn;t wat to talk to me? I am not a crier because its an ugly and loud cry, but I did yesterday for hours. I hid in te apartmrn hoft th enighhors couldnt hre me but I guess they did ciz a fe knocked on the doorl Im s tired now. No sleep but nodding off now but I swant to sleep now. Ikeep nodding off here at the pc so I guess I will try to get some rest thanks fal the shoulers to lea on. Cant keep eye ooen now, I gitta lay down. Please pray for hin. I;m all prayered out.

I went to bed, but couldn't sleep. Someone gave me a xanax (blue..lowest dose) and I cut it in half. Didnt do anhthing. So I took the other half son afterl Nothingl I worryl And feel so damn guilty.He hasn't called yet today. I don't know if I should call him or not. What if he doesn;t wat to talk to me? I am not a crier because its an ugly and loud cry, but I did yesterday for hours. I hid in te apartmrn hoft th enighhors couldnt hre me but I guess they did ciz a fe knocked on the doorl Im s tired now. No sleep but nodding off now but I swant to sleep now. Ikeep nodding off here at the pc so I guess I will try to get some rest thanks fal the shoulers to lea on. Cant keep eye ooen now, I gitta lay down. Please pray for hin. I;m all prayered out.
Call him. For his sake and for your own. Do it. You'll feel like shit if you don't, IMHO. I'm praying for both of you, and I'm sure a lotta people around here are doing the same.

Gracie, I am so sorry to know that you and your husband have been and are going through a most difficult time. Please try to get some rest although that’s easier said than done when so much is on your mind and you’re going through so much. Sending you a bouquet of your favorite flowers with a hint of your favorite scent. Take good care of yourself Gracie and keep us informed when you feel up to it.

Keep the prayers coming. I have been like a tazmanian devil and FINALLY got him in to see an ENT this coming monday...and the convalescent home has to take him..not me. The ENT was indignant when I told them they wanted ME to bring him...a 258 lbs 6 foot 2 inch man with vertigo? Really? And has holes in his chest and side from lung biopsy? Double really? So the ENT office called them and told them no...YOU are bringing him, WITH a nurse. His wife will meet him here in our office once YOU arrive with him. Then they haul him back, I come home, and wait. But when I spoke to MrG, he sounded MUCH better when I told him I was berating everyone for trying to push all this off on me when I am NOT a doctor and have no clue who he needed to see, etc etc etc. MrG said that's why he married me. I'm a bully and ornery. lol

So....keep your fingers crossed that he is pulling out of this slump he has been in. Something goosed him to action...so I hope it continues. And I think its the prayers.

THANK YOU..and don't stop. At least until he gets home and then again when he is scheduled for gall bladder surgery after the current holes in his body are healed up.

Hugs

No nap yet, but I drank a pot of coffee. Got me all wired. NOW I am crashing, so...now that all this crap is scheduled and taken care of....I am for sure going to take a long nap....or at least try to. :smiliehug: :huddle::sleep:

Prayers up, gracie. ♡♡♡

Yesterday a friend gave me a precious little puppy. All the way home she sang the "poor me" song, so she earned herself the name"song." She had 5 meals in a 3 hour span. Today I called the vets about her puppy shots and took her big brother Reddy to get his annual shots. in the afternoon, I took Vickie the Boston terrier and Shorty the Chaweenie for their shots. I didn't even take Piccolo the cat, and the bills piled up to over $800. I guess I'll have to wait till next week to have her shots done. Miss Song is so cute and snoozing on my pillow.

Put the turkey in the oven that I picked up on the way from the vets and the trimmings. It wasn't as expensive as some said. Hope everyone has a lovely Thanksgiving. And my heart goes out to all those who lost loved ones or have sad issues that make it difficult to focus on celebration and the holidays this year. :huddle:

A blessed Thanksgiving to all.

Last edited:
Keep the prayers coming. I have been like a tazmanian devil and FINALLY got him in to see an ENT this coming monday...and the convalescent home has to take him..not me. The ENT was indignant when I told them they wanted ME to bring him...a 258 lbs 6 foot 2 inch man with vertigo? Really? And has holes in his chest and side from lung biopsy? Double really? So the ENT office called them and told them no...YOU are bringing him, WITH a nurse. His wife will meet him here in our office once YOU arrive with him. Then they haul him back, I come home, and wait. But when I spoke to MrG, he sounded MUCH better when I told him I was berating everyone for trying to push all this off on me when I am NOT a doctor and have no clue who he needed to see, etc etc etc. MrG said that's why he married me. I'm a bully and ornery. lol

So....keep your fingers crossed that he is pulling out of this slump he has been in. Something goosed him to action...so I hope it continues. And I think its the prayers.

THANK YOU..and don't stop. At least until he gets home and then again when he is scheduled for gall bladder surgery after the current holes in his body are healed up.

Hugs

No nap yet, but I drank a pot of coffee. Got me all wired. NOW I am crashing, so...now that all this crap is scheduled and taken care of....I am for sure going to take a long nap....or at least try to. :smiliehug: :huddle::sleep:
Actually it sounds like he has been really sick but still has some fight left in him. That's a good sign. Love you, Gracie and the prayers will continue for you both.

Setting a 3-bean salad on the serving table along with my mom's cornbread dressing and her second-to-none date nut cake. And for eye health for all, a pumpkin pie and sweet potatoes. Because apples saved my gallbladder last year, I'm hoping yall brought a truck or van for the box of Washington apples picked at their peak of perfection wrapped in red and green printed cotton Christmas tablecloths made from fabrics from my quilt store. So don't take the scissors to the wrapping..

And a creature is stirring named Miss Song, so I better get along.

Forum List

Back