USMB Coffee Shop IV

FEZSD0aX0AgJdz3.jpg

For those amateur star gazers out there...

:sleep:
They say the moon will stay partially eclipsed for a longer time than usual. It begins at 11:02 pm, will be at its maximum at 2:02 am and ends at 3:47. I don't think Hombre and I will choose to stay up for that. We'll probably be on the road to Arkansas for a funeral anyway. My niece who has been fighting COVID for more than 2 months now finally succumbed early this morning. Sad, but the virus had so ravaged her body, she was unlikely to ever be well again. She is not one that would have wanted that.

I know what you mean. When our friend Dana was in Salt Lake City for nine months waiting for, getting, and recuperating from a heart transplant, we kept her little mini doxie Carly. Carly was a very sweet, lovable, and needy dog who wanted to be touching somebody at all times so she spent a lot of time in our laps. And sometimes in the evening when the house was quiet, she, with her eyes and sometimes her head, would be following something passing by my desk that I couldn't see or hear. Makes you wonder.

I know what you mean. When our friend Dana was in Salt Lake City for nine months waiting for, getting, and recuperating from a heart transplant, we kept her little mini doxie Carly. Carly was a very sweet, lovable, and needy dog who wanted to be touching somebody at all times so she spent a lot of time in our laps. And sometimes in the evening when the house was quiet, she, with her eyes and sometimes her head, would be following something passing by my desk that I couldn't see or hear. Makes you wonder.
My birdy used to look up and stare at something that I could not see Just like the cats.

Saturday morning!

Thanksgiving week....May you all spend quality time with the ones you love.

Let the cartoon begin!

The oh-so un-PC censored part, as an added bonus...

What was on the videos ? Both have been censored. Never knew Tom and Jerry cartoons to be considered censor worthy. :confused-84:

My favorite hobby after a 15-20 year fight with fibromyalgia made me interested in staying healthy with vitamins, minerals and foods. Tonight I found that used lightly, nutmeg can fight certain infections and lift you up at the same time. So I have a little remedy for when your love life disappeared, you lost a best friend who couldn't quit smoking and got that malignant type cancer that ends life in 4 months, or lost a favorite friend or relative, cook up some eggnog from an egg yolk, 1.5 cups of milk, 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, a few drops of vanilla dripped on 2 or 3 tablespoons of sugar or an equivalent, put em into a blender for 30 seconds or whisk the egg yolk with a tablespoon of the milk, add the other ingredients whisk until place into a large microwave friendly cup. Cook in the microwave 60 seconds and sprinkle the top with a scant half teaspoon of nutmeg. Gee and I'm cheerful already, having the last sip a few seconds ago. If you're a millionaire, the expensive ready made eggnog is okay , so if it already has nutmeg, a pinch of nutmeg spice that is reasonably fresh will boost the cheer factor. Just sayin.
Oh, and plz try not to go too heavy on nutmeg because the journal stuff says too much is not good. I learned that a year or so ago when I went on a spice spree to kill knee pain and a chronic case of endless bronchitis. Big hug to the online family of friends we are here at Foxy's wonderful lounge where there is no east or west, no north or south just a spirit of fond caring for all, week after week and month after month.

:huddle:
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!!​

For those amateur star gazers out there...

:sleep:
hey, Ridgerunner I just saw this, and night before last I noticed the full moon was a pleasant pastel shade on the horizon and it was so huge. Thanks for the why and for information. It was so gorgeous it swept me off my feet for few enchanting minutes of gazing before it sunk below the horizon.

Back from a very fast trip to Arkansas to attend our niece's funeral and then rush home to prepare for Thanksgiving. Those two things seem like such a dichotomy when the death was so cruel, tragic, possibly so unnecessary but we can never know that for sure. And then to shift gears knowing her immediate family is so devastated and prepare for one of the more joyful holidays of the year. And so will those in Arkansas. It is a wonderful capacity in humankind to be able to do that.

Thursday will mark the first Thanksgiving my lady will be having without her mother, who passed a few months ago. She's also had 2 family dogs pass this year, as well as re-homing the 2 dogs we had before we moved into our new home. It's been rough on her. She will be spending Thanksgiving here with her father and her brother (who is driving down from out of state). I, on the other hand, am driving up to my mother's tomorrow. My lady told me I should go, although I offered to stay with her; I think she's feeling somewhat as though I should spend the holiday with my mom since she can't spend it with her mom.

If I don't get on here again in the next day, I hope you all have a good Thanksgiving, however you celebrate it (or just a nice day if you don't celebrate it at all). Also, try to avoid getting hurt in any Black Friday mobs. ;)

Forum List

Back