USMB Coffee Shop IV

MrG has an upcoming appt this coming Tuesday with the ENT. Last time I spoke to him was last monday. He sounds much better. I made him laugh because I asked if he was still having anxiety attacks and he said no..not for a week. I think asked that maybe I am the cause of the attacks? He laughed and said no...its all in his head but he is working on it. H'es ready to come home, he said and I said hang in there til the ENT can explore his ears. So I am guessing not this weekend, but sometime late next week or weekend they will release him.

Best wishes and lotsa love.

Have my annual appointment with my primary Doc next Tuesday, woke up this morning and realized no one said anything about labs. So I took off to the VA, checked in at the lab and nope, no labs ordered.......... My PCP is out on Fridays so one of the adjacent general clinic nurses ordered labs for me, fasting labs so I have to go in on Monday.
Got out to the truck, turned the key and click, click, click....... One of the other outpatients noticed my dilemma after I spent a half hour running all over the campus finally discovering the VA PD nor Maintenance is allowed to do jumps. Three blocks away from the VA Hospital is The Start Shop, ten minutes later I was headed home with a new battery. :thup:

MrG has an upcoming appt this coming Tuesday with the ENT. Last time I spoke to him was last monday. He sounds much better. I made him laugh because I asked if he was still having anxiety attacks and he said no..not for a week. I think asked that maybe I am the cause of the attacks? He laughed and said no...its all in his head but he is working on it. H'es ready to come home, he said and I said hang in there til the ENT can explore his ears. So I am guessing not this weekend, but sometime late next week or weekend they will release him.
Sounds really good Gracie. But prayers still up for at least the short term.

Have my annual appointment with my primary Doc next Tuesday, woke up this morning and realized no one said anything about labs. So I took off to the VA, checked in at the lab and nope, no labs ordered.......... My PCP is out on Fridays so one of the adjacent general clinic nurses ordered labs for me, fasting labs so I have to go in on Monday.
Got out to the truck, turned the key and click, click, click....... One of the other outpatients noticed my dilemma after I spent a half hour running all over the campus finally discovering the VA PD nor Maintenance is allowed to do jumps. Three blocks away from the VA Hospital is The Start Shop, ten minutes later I was headed home with a new battery. :thup:
These small annoyances are stressful, but once solved seem not so bad, especially when we can get help when we need it. The Thursday before Thanksgiving, we found out the funeral for my niece would be on Saturday. So we got around, got packed, and later afternoon headed for Texas to meet up with our son and daughter-in-law to go on to Arkansas together Friday. But the car--the one we bought in July--was not handling well. First time we had it out on the highway for any distance. It was dark and we were stressed out by the time we got to Santa Rosa--a little over an hour from home--and just as we were approaching the exit, the low tire indicator came on. There was no place anywhere that could deal with a tire after 5 pm there so we were forced to stay overnight--cheapest motel $150+. But I was relieved. We are at the age that night driving is hazardous to our (and everybody else's) health.

At 8 am the next morning Hombre was at the repair shop while I packed. No leak. All four tires aired up and we were good to go. Our Texas family waited for us and our son drove us the rest of the way. We were way late getting into Havana Friday night but we were all safe. Trip home uneventful.

Now I honestly think it was God's way to get us off the highway that night. And thinking back it wasn't so terrible. It sure was while it was happening though.

If you aren't a kid, don't have kids or grandkids, you might not get this one. I have both and it took me forever to figure it out.
1638642497833.png

Thank you lg325. I would never have gotten it and it would have driven me nuts all day.

Gracie, it's really good that your husband is showing interest in life and coming home. I hope this is the beginning of an turn around in his depression, and he'll find reasons to go on.

My sister has a lot of serious medical problems, starting with rheumatoid arthritis which has attacked her heart and lungs. She has 20% heart and lung function, and is in constant pain. Two years ago we had a horrible cancer scare with her. I feared she would give up, and if she wants to be free of all of this pain and suffering, who am I to ask her to stay? But she's a fighter, and is still with us. I don't think I could endure it, but she's a rock!

Just got word from one of my brothers that his wife has been diagnosed with ALS, Lou Gehrig's disease and has been given maybe two years to live.
Wow. That's rough. Prayers up there too. However, my father-in-law was diagnosed with that and lived another 15 years. Either wrong diagnosis or it never progressed. In all honesty, it usually doesn't work out that way though.

The last Toccoa man takes the final jump....

:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

We have the whole DVD set of the Band of Brothers series and Hombre gets it out every now and then and binge watches the whole thing. He doesn't remember Col. Shames but found your post interesting if a little sad.

Seems that in some places chicken hats have become the in thing. Who knew? At least the crochet people among my kin and friends are making them. :)

1638866554529.png

Finally, my vision is getting better........... Eye doc appointment, had to dilate my eyes twice...... That was around noon........ :lol:

Forum List

Back