USMB Coffee Shop IV

How many cats are there in this photo?
FBtaGptVkAUR6ih.jpg

Things I learned on vacation in Gulf Shores Al
Flew into Nashville and drove down. Nashville has the craziest drivers and worst hwy system I have seen. Downright crazy.

Ya stop at Joe Pattis for the best seafood. Bought some smoked salmon cut tissue paper thin. You can put that on anything including chocolate cake.

Dont like a really crowded beach. Off time and it was still jumping, If I went back it'd be later in the yr.

Hit the Belle Meade Mansion in Nashville on way back. IF I remember right almost every Derby winner can trace its bloodline back to 2 of their original Studs.

On a sadder note the nicest guy at work passed away while I was gone. Covid related. Jay was heavy but not sloppy heavy. Jay was an all around asset both in production and morale. Never saw him angry or depressed. LAte 20's recently married with a child on the way, just hitting one of the sweet spots of life.

On a sadder note the nicest guy at work passed away while I was gone. Covid related. Jay was heavy but not sloppy heavy. Jay was an all around asset both in production and morale. Never saw him angry or depressed. LAte 20's recently married with a child on the way, just hitting one of the sweet spots of life.
Sorry for the loss of your friend. There's simply no rhyme or reason to how this strange virus is going to affect people. Some barely have symptoms and some get really sick no matter what they do. My niece is still fighting for her life going on six weeks in ICU. But her husband and mom, my sister-in-law, who came down with it at the same time didn't need hospitalization or a lot of treatment. Well the sister-in-law did spend a couple of nights in the local hospital for observation but never really got sick and they discharged her. Why Connie, pillar of the family, healthy and strong as a horse, all round terrific person is so sick, I don't know.

Good night, afternoon, morning wherever you are darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here. Meanwhile we pray or send positive vibes or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Nosmo King for healing and health & wholeness.
Gracie & Dennis for the best possible housing solution.
Beautress for continued recovery & wholeness.
Dragonlady for the best possible outcome for her knee.
Ringel - for continued healing and wellness.
Beautress's friend for comfort/healing.
Ollie & his brother for continued improvement.
Hombre's niece still in the hospital in critical condition with COVID.
Mindful's daughter for continued wellness.
Dragonlady's son and family for wellness.
Big Black Dog for the very best treatment and outcome.

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they will.

2021 Autumn foliage tour of the Texas Panhandle
1634539101909.png

A woman and a man were seated next to each other on a long flight. The man asked if she would like to play a fun game. She politely declined and rolled over to the window to catch a few winks.

The man persisted and explained that the game is easy and a lot of fun. He explained, “I ask you a question, and if you don’t know the answer, you pay me $5.00, and vice versa.” Again, she declined and tried to get some sleep.

The man, now agitated, says, “Okay, if you don’t know the answer you pay me $5.00, and if I don’t know the answer, I will pay you $500.” The woman sighs, figures there will be no end to this torment unless she plays, she agrees to the game.

The man asks the first question. “What’s the distance from the earth to the moon?”

The woman doesn’t say a word, reaches into her purse, pulls out a $5.00 bill and hands it to the man. “Okay,” says the man, “your turn.”

She asks him, “What goes up a hill with three legs and comes down with four legs?” And she goes to sleep.

The man takes out his laptop and searches all his references. No answer. He searches the net and the library of congress. No answer. Frustrated, he sends an email to his friends and coworkers to no avail. After an hour, he wakes the woman, and hands her $500.

The woman says, “Thank you,” and turns back to get some more sleep.

The man, who is more than a little miffed, wakes the woman and asks, “Well, what’s the answer?”
Without a word, the woman reaches into her purse, hands him $5.00, and goes back to sleep.

Had my first chemo yesterday. It all went well. My oncologist and I had a long talk. He says that I have six months to a year and a half of lifeleft but most likely only a year. Said to get my estate in order. I told hi I would do my part, the doctors would do their part and God would do his part. It al depends on the chemo. It’s all in God’s hands’s hands.

Had my first chemo yesterday. It all went well. My oncologist and I had a long talk. He says that I have six months to a year and a half of lifeleft but most likely only a year. Said to get my estate in order. I told hi I would do my part, the doctors would do their part and God would do his part. It al depends on the chemo. It’s all in God’s hands’s hands.
The doctors don't always know BBD. And yes, all our fates are ultimately in God's hands. For whatever it is worth, read up on the Budwig Protocol. It almost certainly doesn't work for everybody and just isn't worth the trouble for everybody, but we have a close family friend who was given a year at most who went on that, followed it faithfully, and is now cancer free without other medical treatment. Was it the protocol? Or the prayer? Who knows. But as I know you are a believer, follow where God leads.

I had to stare at it for a while but my eyes finally got adjusted to the scenery. Interesting picture. :)
Me too. I found four right away. But had to just look at the drawing for awhile and the fifth did miraculously appear.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back