USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good Morning I hope everyone is doing ok, I might be going for a walk at the coast today it's cold but dry so am going to wrap up warm, etc should be great, am a bit more active at the moment, trying to fit and focused as I find it helps my wellbeing a lot more if I am kind to myself. got support first but am free for the rest of the day.
Sounds good Alexa. In my never to be considered humble opinion, our health and happiness generally begins with loving ourselves enough to take care of ourselves and do what contributes to our well being.

Hi all. Doing good. Had a follow up at the urology clinic, tested flow and retention, Docs are really pleased with my progress.

Today I went out to the range to shoot my rifles, all but one did well, the castle nut holding the buffer tube to the receiver on my 7.62x39 carbine came loose and the buffer spring detent (the spring/pin combo holding the buffer spring in) was no longer where it was supposed to be. Found it and the detent spring in the main receiver, had to take it partially apart as the bolt carrier group was partially stuck back in the buffer tube. Waiting on a new detent and spring.
Otherwise I had a good time, of course I have a bunch of guns to clean........
Despite needing a major league translator for a lot of that paragraph, so happy to see things are looking up for you. Will keep you on the vigil list a bit longer though if that's okay. :)

Despite needing a major league translator for a lot of that paragraph, so happy to see things are looking up for you. Will keep you on the vigil list a bit longer though if that's okay. :)
Yup, ya need to know how an AR 15 works and what it's component parts are.......... In layman's terms it's one of the doohickeys that makes the gun go bang........ :lol:

So far Hombre and I are handling the runaway inflation pretty well. We don't buy steak or other expensive cuts of meat these days and have found other ways to economize.

And now it looks like we'll need to substitute something else for the Thanksgiving turkey:
1633809819620.png

Got the results from the Pet Scan. They are calling it non-small cell squamous cell lung cancer. I see the oncologist Monday at 1315. According to the results of the Pet Scan the cancer has not spread elsewhere within my body which is a good thing. Hope the oncologist has some good tricks in his tool box.

Good evening everyone. Just dropped in to say hello. I just enjoyed reading a few pages from a resourceful Spanish workbook for highschool age kids. The knowledge is slow as molasses, but I'm still trying to read bilingual books and use my Goodwill Spanish to English and vice versa. I returned a book to the library today and noticed regular hours now open at ten am. I could have sworn last week it opened at 9 am. People must be really worried about covid since the library opened at 8 am every day 12 years ago but were closed through covid months. For some reason Im falling asleep during the daytime probably due to a medicine and the sheer boredom of life ....... Best wishes

Oops wrote that last night and fell asleep. lol The interweb at USMB remembers![/] Even when you sleep!!!

:laughing0301::biggrin::auiqs.jpg:

Sometimes when I am updating the Vigil List I unintentionally drop a name off it that needs to be there. Please know this is not intended and let me know so I can put the name back on.

Good night, afternoon, morning wherever you are darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here. Meanwhile we pray or send positive vibes or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Nosmo King for healing and health & wholeness.
Gracie & Dennis for the best possible housing solution.
Beautress for continued recovery & wholeness.
Dragonlady for the best possible outcome for her knee.
Ringel - for continued healing and wellness.
Beautress's friend for comfort/healing.
Ollie & his brother for continued improvement.
Hombre's niece still in the hospital in critical condition with COVID. His twin sister also hospitalized for awhile and her son-in-law all had it, but have recovered.
Mindful's daughter for continued wellness.
Big Black Dog for the very best treatment and outcome.

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they will.

Autumn in New Mexico. The aspens put on a great show this year and our cotton woods are following suit.
1634023090419.png

Got the results from the Pet Scan. They are calling it non-small cell squamous cell lung cancer. I see the oncologist Monday at 1315. According to the results of the Pet Scan the cancer has not spread elsewhere within my body which is a good thing. Hope the oncologist has some good tricks in his tool box.
Yes a very good thing with a much more favorable prognosis.

There was good news all around reading today. I hope everyone's health scares continue to pan out to just be scares, and nothing you can't deal with.

All of our plants are now cut down and drying either in my friend's basement or my laundry room. To say we had a bumper crop is a gross understatement. I grew Lemon Haze from seeds I found in an ounce of pot I purchsed, but my friend grew an assortment from seeds she bought - Purple Kush, Gelato, Blue Cheese, and Death Bubba Kush. I'm going to have enough pot to make some edibles. It takes a LOT of pot. My daughter uses and ounce and a half to make the butter for her brownie recipe. I thought they would make nice Christmas gifts for friends.

I'm sewing like crazy, and can barely keep up with the orders. Plus harvesting duties.

Foxfire, please add My son and his family to your prayer list. They are going through multiple health crises at the moment and prayers are needed for both his wife and their oldest child. My son is trying to be strong all by himself, but he's having a real hard time.

There was good news all around reading today. I hope everyone's health scares continue to pan out to just be scares, and nothing you can't deal with.

All of our plants are now cut down and drying either in my friend's basement or my laundry room. To say we had a bumper crop is a gross understatement. I grew Lemon Haze from seeds I found in an ounce of pot I purchsed, but my friend grew an assortment from seeds she bought - Purple Kush, Gelato, Blue Cheese, and Death Bubba Kush. I'm going to have enough pot to make some edibles. It takes a LOT of pot. My daughter uses and ounce and a half to make the butter for her brownie recipe. I thought they would make nice Christmas gifts for friends.

I'm sewing like crazy, and can barely keep up with the orders. Plus harvesting duties.

Foxfire, please add My son and his family to your prayer list. They are going through multiple health crises at the moment and prayers are needed for both his wife and their oldest child. My son is trying to be strong all by himself, but he's having a real hard t
Just now saw this Dragonlady and will do.

Hooray for William Shatner, who has gone where no 90 year old has ever gone before.
I agree Dajjal. I see so many making something negative out of that, but I was just thrilled. Watched the launch and the return live and Shatner's interview of what it was like for him. I was so happy for him and also a little jealous. But he earned his fortune fair and square and had every right for what might be his last amazing adventure. May we all be so lucky to still be having adventures at age 90.

up-date. Last Monday I was supposed to begin chemotherapy for my lung cancer. I arrived at the oncologist office and was Immediately sent to the emergency room for admission due to a hemothorac caused by the lung biopsy I had several days before. They put a chest tube in me and I was stable on Thursday and discharged from the hospital. On Monday I will begin Chemotherapy. Hope the second attempt is a charm!

up-date. Last Monday I was supposed to begin chemotherapy for my lung cancer. I arrived at the oncologist office and was Immediately sent to the emergency room for admission due to a hemothorac caused by the lung biopsy I had several days before. They put a chest tube in me and I was stable on Thursday and discharged from the hospital. On Monday I will begin Chemotherapy. Hope the second attempt is a charm!
Will have you on my critical prayer list BBD.

Forum List

Back