USMB Coffee Shop IV

Having no siblings may be one of my biggest disappointment's... I have had some really close friends in my life but, I feel a little slighted from an emotional viewpoint...

This article captures the way I have always pictured brothers and sisters and the way life should be...

After my parents got divorced when I was young, I lived with my mother and 2 brothers. Because of how badly my older brother and I got along, I ended up moving in with my father when I was 12 or 13. Before that, I can remember hitting my brother with a bicycle pump, punching through a glass door trying to get to him, it was not a good relationship.

I haven't spoken much to either of my brothers in the last 30 years or so.

Family isn't always fun. :lol:

It's midnight in Albuquerque and the temperature outside is a glorious 66f after days and days of going to bed when it was in the high 80's outside. (Swamp coolers don't work well when the sun goes down.)

The monsoon has arrived about 2 weeks early and we will enjoy a couple of days with highs in the 70's and then low to mid 80's for the rest of the week. Glorious. We are hoping for rain in our area and northern NM of course--the Rio Grande is gasping for replenishment--but now all the heavy stuff is southeast of us where they are getting major flooding rains. Meanwhile a shirttail cousin living in Portland reports 113 degree weather there and they even hit something like 107 in Vancouver! We really need a different weather distribution system.

Hi all. Hope everyone is doing well. Yup FF, I'm enjoying this "cool" weather.
Just over a month ago I ordered a modern shotgun, went into Sportsman's Warehouse (on the other side of town) to pick it up today......... That is when we discovered my drivers license expired today, can't picj up the gun....... Okay, head over to my local MVD, appointment's required. Went online and renewed my license but it didn't give me the option to print out the temporary license. Decided I needed to check my vehicle registration, yup, it expired last August sooooooo off to get my emissions test, passed and now I have an appointment tomorrow at the MVD. **sigh**

A couple of weeks after canceling my old Visa check card I get a letter from an insurance company that the payment didn't go through. Thought I had cancelled that until I took a closer look at the letter and realized it was Kat's dental insurance I'd been paying for every month with auto pay. Called them, emailed Kat's death certificate and the other day received a full refund (just over $200) from last August. The same day I received a check that was my portion of a class action lawsuit against my bank........ Didn't know I was part of the suit. The check was for a whopping five dollars........ Pretty sure the attorneys checks were MUCH larger..........

Yet:

The German Government has lifted all travel restrictions for persons residing in the United States, effective Sunday, June 20, 2021. Travel to Germany for all purposes will be permitted again.
Surely our federal restrictions will be lifted before much longer too. Unless something happens, all restrictions in New Mexico will be lifted as of July1. However state plus enhanced federal unemployment benefits are making it very attractive for folks to stay home and many places, including our favorite restaurants, can't find enough people to work. I figure that will sort out sooner or later though.

A couple of weeks after canceling my old Visa check card I get a letter from an insurance company that the payment didn't go through. Thought I had cancelled that until I took a closer look at the letter and realized it was Kat's dental insurance I'd been paying for every month with auto pay. Called them, emailed Kat's death certificate and the other day received a full refund (just over $200) from last August. The same day I received a check that was my portion of a class action lawsuit against my bank........ Didn't know I was part of the suit. The check was for a whopping five dollars........ Pretty sure the attorneys checks were MUCH larger..........
We got one of those class action checks too that we didn't know we were included in. Also a very small amount. And yes, the attorneys do very very well.

We got one of those class action checks too that we didn't know we were included in. Also a very small amount. And yes, the attorneys do very very well.
In most cases the attorneys make out like bandits, everyone else gets a pittance.

The guys running 23rd Veteran in Duluth called me back about doing an NLP/Hypno/HMR presentation with their vets.....I'm stoked beyond repair.

This could be the start of something BIG....Stay tuned.
Wow. Sounds really interesting. I assume NLP/HYPNO is natural language processing, but what is HMR? And where do you get training to teach that?

The guys running 23rd Veteran in Duluth called me back about doing an NLP/Hypno/HMR presentation with their vets.....I'm stoked beyond repair.

Wow. Sounds really interesting. I assume NLP/HYPNO is natural language processing, but what is HMR? And where do you get training to teach that?
NLP/hypno is Neuro-Linguistic Programming and hypnosis....Trained in both.

HMR is Holographic Memory Resolution....A guy named Brent Baum in Tucson came up with it.

A thumbnail...

An in-depth description...

NLP/hypno is Neuro-Linguistic Programming and hypnosis....Trained in both.

HMR is Holographic Memory Resolution....A guy named Brent Baum in Tucson came up with it.

A thumbnail...

An in-depth description...

Really interesting. And impressive.

I have been a certified chemical addiction counselor but we were not trained in this particular concept. Closest thing to it is Jungian based temperament typing, i.e. understanding and teaching how we are all wired to think and respond in certain ways to what we experience or have to deal with in our lives. Understanding that everybody isn't going to think or respond as we do, and that how they do it is right for them, is an important step in accepting others with less frustration and also being able to utilize individual strengths of your team in a more productive manner. That's my particular area of semi-expertise. :)

Had planned to drive to Missouri to visit family there. At the last minute a step son tested positive for covid. Trip went to Lexington and Concord MA instead. Then swung south to Yorktown. Basically from the first shots of the revolution to the surrender of Cornwallis... 2200 miles in 5 days..... Loved it.
Sounds like a great trip. That's one part of the USA we have not been to and I've always wanted to go. Hombre loves visiting old battlefields. I don't think there is a Civil War battlefield from Virginia to the southwest that we've passed without stopping to explore. :)

Looks like a morning of miniexercises today..ouch already.

Spending time trying to learn a little more Spanish at Duolingo. They make it kind of fun... Wish I had taken Spanish starting in high school. I make a lot of goofy mistakes. lol But I haven't missed a day since my knee replacement surgery. Last night, I actually made it up the 15 stairs like I used to. So, hasta luego y quiero, mis amigos. :biggrin: :huddle:
Oh, whatever I said was probably a little weird, but it meant to tell you all I'm so fond of all of you who come here to chat...
How is the knee doing?
It isn't near as painful as it was the week I got home. I have a lot less pain going up and down the staircase thanks to physical therapy 3 times a week.
The duolingo Spanish learning is going well, and I found my box of about 500 mini flashcards (maybe more) on Spanish vocabulary words from my 1984 Spanish I class at Casper College. I love the approach of multiple repeats of grammatical points in Spanish as a learning tool that works. It took 2 days to partially alphabetize half of the flashcards, and it may take a week to do the rest, because I have a lot on my plate getting leg exercises between therapy sessions and I renewed my membership at the local weight lifting gymn. I lost 37 pounds by simply fasting and being sure I take my 50+Centrum vitamins that emphasize heart health and support of other physical body systems that improper nutrition would have a poor quality result if left unattended. My color is back, and I'm enjoying the thinner profile. :thup:

Thanks a lot to everyone for the encouragement for getting better. Since the knee replacement surgery, my asthma took an overnight disappearance, and I'm amazed at the support the Conroe nursing and care providers gave me to make me wake up for the first time in a year I didn't wake up with a heinous allergy attack.

Bless all of you. This thread we all belong to is good medicine! :huddle:

Where am I and how did I get here???

I just found this vid. These guys did this in a lunch room.

Wonderful, Hang on Sloopy. I really love the BeeGees ! They were a great source for my short-lived Karoke days that ended last year when my vocal cords were ruined with all that asthma and coughing. I still could listen to them all day if I weren't spending several hours a day on learning the Spanish language on a "this time I'm going to become bilingual" new attitude.

:whipg:

Forum List

Back