USMB Coffee Shop IV

Looks like a morning of miniexercises today..ouch already.

Spending time trying to learn a little more Spanish at Duolingo. They make it kind of fun... Wish I had taken Spanish starting in high school. I make a lot of goofy mistakes. lol But I haven't missed a day since my knee replacement surgery. Last night, I actually made it up the 15 stairs like I used to. So, hasta luego y quiero, mis amigos. :biggrin: :huddle:
Oh, whatever I said was probably a little weird, but it meant to tell you all I'm so fond of all of you who come here to chat...

Last edited:

Spending time trying to learn a little more Spanish at Duolingo. They make it kind of fun... Wish I had taken Spanish starting in high school. I make a lot of goofy mistakes. lol But I haven't missed a day since my knee replacement surgery. Last night, I actually made it up the 15 stairs like I used to. So, hasta luego y quiero, mis amigos. :biggrin: :huddle:
Oh, whatever I said was probably a little weird, but it meant to tell you all I'm so fond of all of you who come here to chat...
How is the knee doing?

Pretty sure I'd be Gryffindor.

EDIT: Hmmm... the sorting test puts me in Ravenclaw. I think I might override it... :biggrin:
That's me too. I figured I would come out Hufflepuff since I think that fits the way I see myself--I wouldn't have been disappointed with Gryffindor--but I'm always Ravenclaw which isn't a bad thing.

How is the knee doing?
I have an appointment with a physical therapist in the next hour. I went to work out arms at the gym at six this morning, and every step upstairs when I got home sorta told me my first trek was not just a fluke. That was good. We'll see how this leg moves go after the therapist. Sessions ranged from ok to agony last week. Hopefully I will get a full range of motion including jumping and jogging when all is said and done. I think there will be 2 or 3 more weeks of therapy. Right now I'm doing r and r by chatting here at USMB and trying not to notice my slightly sore knee.:4_13_65:

How is the knee doing?
I have an appointment with a physical therapist in the next hour. I went to work out arms at the gym at six this morning, and every step upstairs when I got home sorta told me my first trek was not just a fluke. That was good. We'll see how this leg moves go after the therapist. Sessions ranged from ok to agony last week. Hopefully I will get a full range of motion including jumping and jogging when all is said and done. I think there will be 2 or 3 more weeks of therapy. Right now I'm doing r and r by chatting here at USMB and trying not to notice my slightly sore knee.:4_13_65:
Awesome!! Hope it continues to progress.

How is the knee doing?
I was flat on my back for a year and struggled some years before that to get my knee and ankles in shape. It was a struggle follow the doctors instruction and do not be afraid to ask for help when it comes to chores . I put you on my prayer list :thup:

Hard to imagine since so many of us have been dealing with really oppressive heat for some time this spring, that summer came upon us Sunday and Monday. So will it be even hotter? I think it's time for hell to freeze over. :)
1624346342358.png

Hard to imagine since so many of us have been dealing with really oppressive heat for some time this spring, that summer came upon us Sunday and Monday. So will it be even hotter? I think it's time for hell to freeze over. :)
View attachment 504247
Our usual heatwave here in Walker County has been preempted by a string of days and days of rainstorms and overcast skies. The ground is so soggy it is like walking through jello, and it's too muddy to run the tractor plow through so the weeds are winning. Needless to say, my knee operation aftermath had some nice days, but now that I am feeling better the ten day forecast shows severe weather for ending any hope of planting. Another year, another weed patch. :dunno:

ps, Foxfyre, I sure hope yall get a break from the heat. ♡♡♡♡♡

I see Foxfyre's area is getting rain with a chance of golf ball hail. Hope it's just a little rain. Foxy, hope everything's okay in your area. Don't know why I turned to national weather... Oh yes. We were supposed to get 6 days of thunderstorms, bot all we really got were clouds, high and low.

boatguy-2-jpg.503717

Thats my fun day on the Bay. The man next to me saved me from a kid that was all over me, lol. It was 95 outside and perfect. I think i had 5 or 6 beers, lol. Good thing it was yesterday, today is windy with Claudette going by. I hope everyone had a glorious weekend
The trip ended up better than i thought

I see Foxfyre's area is getting rain with a chance of golf ball hail. Hope it's just a little rain. Foxy, hope everything's okay in your area. Don't know why I turned to national weather... Oh yes. We were supposed to get 6 days of thunderstorms, bot all we really got were clouds, high and low.
So far two inches of rain. . .er. . .I mean the rain drops have been roughly two inches apart. No severe weather close to us. The far eastern tier of counties sharing a state line with Texas is the western edge of Tornado Alley though, and most, not all, severe weather is there about three hours east of us.

What I've been doing lately ^

Keeps my hands occupied...and good exercise for them.
Those are amazing Gracie. They would sell like hotcakes around here. Are you going to market them?
Not sure how I can. This place (town) is very different from my ocean town I had to leave. Made lots of money there, and spent it locally too. But here? Not the same.
Mainly I do it for fun. I give a lot away. But today, I went thrift shopping and bought some bottles. I want to do lizards on pottery vases, and/or glass bottles. One guy does sea critters on old booze bottles. Awesome. I'll see if I can find a pic of what I want to try..or rather...a few pics.

What I've been doing lately ^

Keeps my hands occupied...and good exercise for them.
Those are amazing Gracie. They would sell like hotcakes around here. Are you going to market them?
Not sure how I can. This place (town) is very different from my ocean town I had to leave. Made lots of money there, and spent it locally too. But here? Not the same.
Mainly I do it for fun. I give a lot away. But today, I went thrift shopping and bought some bottles. I want to do lizards on pottery vases, and/or glass bottles. One guy does sea critters on old booze bottles. Awesome. I'll see if I can find a pic of what I want to try..or rather...a few pics.
You are very talented.

Forum List

Back