USMB Coffee Shop IV

Is it just me or do any of the other Coffee Shop gang members often have temporary slight memory losses due to constipation?
I forget.
Me three. Or was it too?
I had a 5 minute chest pain scare the other day, but I'm okay. It was likely related to stress and a gallbladder issue when I forgot the apple a day rule. I looked it up, and decided I needed to deal with the arthritic knees and get moving again. That, too, was part of looking it up. The exact pain fit the gallbladder description, and not the angina description. So pass the apple juice jug and a couple of apples.

It worked so well I could walk around Walmart today without the aid of their wheelchair shopping carts, and I didn't need a nap when I got home. :yes_text12:

I don't own a basketball pump anymore. My Grandnephew's Christmas soccer ball was delivered this morning uninflected. I know I already bought him a customized wooden box(we done he call it a "jewelry box) and a gold plated chain with his team number 3, but he sent me his Christmas wish list to forward to Mom. It included a soccer ball, and Mom said she would not be buying that for him.

So, as my role as the silly, fun uncle, I bought it. It's my sworn duty to spoil him. But I realize that some of the staple goods of childhood are no longer to be found in the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate. No skate key, no transistor AM radio, no airplane glue, no stack of Mad Magazines.

I know that technology has rendered all my childhood accoutrement useless. The sidesaddle baskets on bicycles have been supplanted by bullet-proof backpacks. The transistor radio is now an iPod. The skate key morphed into Wheelies.

I pined for the future as a kid. Hopes of flying cars and the George Jetson lifestyle beckoned. But here we are, on the cusp of a new year and a new decade and I find myself missing 1964 more every day.

I have one of those huge balls used in physical therapy and such that both Hombre and I use--he for his back, me to keep my frozen shoulder syndrome under control. And the absence of a pump to inflate it and keep it inflated presented a unique problem to solve. And you're right. The staples of our youth are simply no longer around any more.
They're called Pilates balls. Had an old bicycle pump (belonged to my dad) that the seals had gone bad in. It went in the recycle bin. Have a cheap plastic one the came with something I bought a year ago, not sure if it's stored in a box or also got stuffed in the recycle bin.

One of my favorite stories is of Hombre in his far distant youth not long after we were married. He was working for an insurance company/finance agency and as one of the underlings in the firm spent a time doing collections meaning he had to repo furniture, appliances, electronic, cars etc. that were financed but unpaid. So we were living in Santa Fe at the time and he worked all of northern NM including the Jicarilla Apache reservation.

He was sent up to the reservation to pick up a pickup and when he got there, no one was home but the pickup was there with four flat tires. So he went to the Apache police dept. to borrow a pump and all they had was a hand pump without a handle. He pumped up 4 tires on that pickup using a shingle to push down on the pump and then manually pulling it back up.

The man and wife, both Apaches, arrived home on foot just as he was hooking up the towbar. They were both quite tipsy and found the whole situation funny. The woman said she had just had a baby but he was too small to bring home so they had to leave him at the hospital for awhile. She asked hubby what his name was and he replied "Perry." She said that was what she was going to name that baby. So now presumably there is a middle aged Apache somewhere named Perry.

Romance update:
no touching
no talking about my allergy to cigarettes
no mowing (I have to stay away from all outside work)
all sewing is do is bad
All crochet work is unimportant
I am frowned upon if I do artwork
no talking when he is playin computer games on his cell phone
I have to pay for all restaurant meals
his last girlfriend billed him for her "gift" and he thought I should pay for
I didn't so he countered with a litany of my faults every time he comes in beginning with "You know I don't like ________ " ( fill in the blank of anything I like to eat)
The next time he complains about chicken, I swear he's gonna be the one to buy the expensive cut of meat he craves
I found out he gets a retirement check every month.
all his spare time is spent going to visit his friends 4 times a week.
I buy all the groceries, pay all the bills, etc.
I had to buy a 24x35 building to keep my fabrics to empty all the bedrooms so he can entertain his friends who live so far he wants me to provide bed and breakfast
I'm so glad he still lives in the house guest room..
Ain't love grand.​

Romance update:
no touching
all sewing is do is bad
I didn't so he countered with a litany of my faults every time he comes in beginning with "You know I don't like ________ " ( fill in the blank of anything I like to eat)
The next time he complains about chicken, I swear he's gonna be the one to buy the expensive cut of meat he craves
I had to buy a 24x35 building to keep my fabrics to empty all the bedrooms so he can entertain his friends who live so far he wants me to provide bed and breakfast
Ain't love grand.​
Love? Sounds like he's looking for a sugar mama who he can control. If I was in your shoes he would have been gone a LOOOOOOOONG time ago. I'd never put up with that crap.

Ya know, every time I log onto the site the first thing I see are all the pathetic repeat threads ad nauseum. Same shit, different day and it's actually kinda depressing sometimes to see it over and over and over again.
I'm not talking about the Coffee Shop, I'm talking about most of the rest of the board.
There have been days, I log on, see the battle threads and log right back off again. I find I now spend most of my forum time on the muzzleloading forum though I have to be careful there, they're not as open and lenient as this site is........., not even close, I could easily get myself in real trouble. :lol:

Romance update:
no touching
all sewing is do is bad
Ain't love grand.​

It doesn't sound like a healthy relationship my friend and certainly isn't a match made in heaven. But you know your own heart. If having him there is more important than the thought of being alone again then that is where you are. But that kind of negativity isn't good for anyone.

Romance update:
no touching
all sewing is do is bad
Ain't love grand.​

It doesn't sound like a healthy relationship my friend and certainly isn't a match made in heaven. But you know your own heart. If having him there is more important than the thought of being alone again then that is where you are. But that kind of negativity isn't good for anyone.
He announced he will be leaving this household when he finishes the new chicken house. I told him not to criticize my cooking, church, artwork, and in general lay off the subject of me since every little thing I do is subject to his fire.

So today's puzzler:

Start with 80
Subtract your age
Add 40
The answer is the year you were born

(For the life of me I don't know how this works but it does for me.)
Strange, it worked for me too. But I suspect it does not work for people born after 2000.
It technically doesn’t work for anyone, but it still sort of works after 2000. Someone born in 2001 is probably 19. 80-19=61 61+40=101. So, born in 01.

Who it doesn’t work for is anyone born in December after the current date. ;)

Romance update:
no touching
all sewing is do is bad
Ain't love grand.​
Kick his sorry ass to the curb. Whatcha waiting for???

And tell him you will finish the chicken house yourself (even though you can hire someone to do it with the money you save from his freeloading but he doesn't have to know that).
Tell him to get out. Now. Immiediately. You don't need this shit.

I stole two rocks from the yard out back. Gonna paint them and give the two to my 3 buddies I made here that I will miss when I go IF I ever get to go. The rest? Meh. One gal told me today if I have been accepted into the Clique yet? I said nope..and I don't wanna be in it anyway. Buncha snoots from what I can tell. One not quite a buddy yet does crack me up. She is in her late 60's, uses a walker, and carries her switchblade everywhere she goes. Has the mouth of a drunken sailor too. F bomb this, F bomb that. Every other word is the F bomb. The "clique" hates her. I'm begining to love her, lol.

Anyway..I figure I may as well paint a few things since we are in lockdown starting Sunday. Only allowed out of our houses 1 day only per week. Got news for Gruesome Newsom...the local cops said they will not enforce it. :badgrin:

So today's puzzler:

Start with 80
Subtract your age
Add 40

Strange, it worked for me too. But I suspect it does not work for people born after 2000.

Yes it does. A 19 year old born in 2001 - 80 minus 19 is 61 plus 40 = --01.

I know it's a simple rationale and I love working those kinds of puzzles, but I can't quite wrap my head around why this works for everybody.

So today's puzzler:

Start with 80
Subtract your age
Add 40

Yes it does. A 19 year old born in 2001 - 80 minus 19 is 61 plus 40 = --01.

I know it's a simple rationale and I love working those kinds of puzzles, but I can't quite wrap my head around why this works for everybody.

Think of it this way: what the problem really does is ask you to subtract your age from 120. If you look at 120 as being equivalent to today, 2020, it's just subtracting your age from the current year.

Forum List

Back