USMB Coffee Shop IV

I've been passing some time watching The Musketeers, BBC TV series (2015 -2017?). It's not bad but not something to rave over. It does not hold true to the book by any means and the costuming is "eclectic" for lack of a more apt description........ At least the swords, matchlocks and snaphaunces (pistols) are period correct.
Hey, you are back! Hadn't noticed until just now.

Just wanted to say, hope you are doing o.k..

I've been passing some time watching The Musketeers, BBC TV series (2015 -2017?). It's not bad but not something to rave over. It does not hold true to the book by any means and the costuming is "eclectic" for lack of a more apt description........ At least the swords, matchlocks and snaphaunces (pistols) are period correct.
Hey, you are back! Hadn't noticed until just now.

Just wanted to say, hope you are doing o.k..
I pop in from time to time. I'm doing okay I guess, some weeks are better than others, some hours are better than others........
Thanks for asking. :thup:

I have not upgraded my computer for over three years. I am perfectly happy with my existing system which streams video and music with no problems. But I cannot play the latest games like Doom.
I decided not to bother with upgrading just to play a couple of games, I have a 19inch Digimate monitor. I am not sure if it is LED or LCD.

We are much the same. Some of our favorite old games don't work well or at all on Win 10, but it isn't important enough to us to go to all the expense of replacing them with something that will work. And we don't have the high power gaming computers so just don't bother with the more sophisticated games.

I have three computers, my best one runs windows 10 and I use it on the internet. But I still have my last computer which runs windows XP as there is a lot of software on it like photoshop. But I also have an old windows 98 computer to run stuff like old games.

I have not upgraded my computer for over three years. I am perfectly happy with my existing system which streams video and music with no problems. But I cannot play the latest games like Doom.
I decided not to bother with upgrading just to play a couple of games, I have a 19inch Digimate monitor. I am not sure if it is LED or LCD.

Hmm, a good idea to remember Doom.In 1996-97 I've completed Doom2 at hardest level! :)
But now about three days I'm playing Stellaris - very good 4x! :)

Regardless of your political views, make sure you vote on Tuesday if you haven’t already done so. It’s the right thing to do. Step up to the plate and hit a home run for America.
This election is really show for the whole world...
1604503924573.png

Logic of characters is not related to "perola barroca" time, but it really not bad and easy to watch :)

We have been watching a fairly newly purchased collection of Harry Potter movies and find them very well written, acted, and directed. Enjoying them a lot. And I remembered I had not read any of the Harry Potter books. So I'm now about 2/3rds the way through the first one. Usually a movie doesn't measure up to a good book it is based on, and if I read a book after seeing the movie, it is often frustrating how different they are from each other. But the movie "Harry Potter The Sorcerer's Stone" was a very good adaption of the book. Enjoying both very much.

One movie that is really a LOT better than the book it was based on is The Devil Wears Prada.

Another is Out of Africa - definitely see the movie before reading the book, but the book does provide a lot of insights into some scenes that are not completely explained in the movie.

We have been watching a fairly newly purchased collection of Harry Potter movies and find them very well written, acted, and directed. Enjoying them a lot. And I remembered I had not read any of the Harry Potter books. So I'm now about 2/3rds the way through the first one. Usually a movie doesn't measure up to a good book it is based on, and if I read a book after seeing the movie, it is often frustrating how different they are from each other. But the movie "Harry Potter The Sorcerer's Stone" was a very good adaption of the book. Enjoying both very much.

One movie that is really a LOT better than the book it was based on is The Devil Wears Prada.

Another is Out of Africa - definitely see the movie before reading the book, but the book does provide a lot of insights into some scenes that are not completely explained in the movie.
That's the norm as opposed to the rule. Screen writers believe they have to change the story at least somewhat to cater to viewer's tastes based on what they see as successful movies/TV shows throughout the history of film.

Of course it is interesting that all these French men and women on the series all speak the King's English............ :eusa_whistle:

I watched "The Concorde" again last night and your comment here came to mind. The pilots are a French pilot (LeTrande) who delivered the Concorde to its new owner at Dulles Airport, and an American pilot (Petroni) who, with LeTrande, flew the plane back to Paris for a one night layover, and then they were headed to Moscow with mostly passengers attending or participating in the Olympics.

So LeTrande and his French girlfriend and flight attendant, Isabelle, speak very good English to Petroni and other Americans on the flight. But it struck me as typical Hollywood that they, two very French people, spoke English, with French accents, to each other when they were alone together. Same with the Russian coach alone in the same room with a Russian athlete--speaking English with a Russian accent. Making it even more Hollywood the woman playing the Russian athlete is actually Italian & the woman playing the Russian coach is actually Scottish. :)

Last edited:
Winter came early so wife and I took our late fall-early winter vacation early. Currently residing oceanside on Jekyll Island.

Seems to be showing up early here too. I'm in the middle of a big move, only 35 min away but move a small farm is a feat! I moved in here 10 years ago, same time. Darn.

Enjoy the vacation.
I'm confused--did you move away from a small farm, to a small farm, or from one to another small farm?

I'm wondering, because those cute little 36 chicks we bought 4 or 5 months ago are starting to lay eggs, and for some reason, they are smaller the first time or two, bot oh. my. goodness. The flavor of fresh eggs is out of this world. Who knew?

Oh, and my fiancee is putting a wood floor inside the 24x35' steel building we put up to hold my fabric stash so to get it out of the house. Lol! I had him put the window on the side where I could keep an eye on the chicken coup and run area. If I ever have to sell my quilt store in Wyoming, I will have a place for any fabrics left after the final sales are done. I hope that doesn't happen any time soon, but it could.

I'm moving from a 13 acre small farm that takes ALOT of work to a 11 acre spot with a brick ranch. It is surrounded by farm but hasn't been used as one. It was deeded out to the farmers daughter. I have 2 neighbors within 5 miles. A dairy farm and a beef farm. :) I will do a couple good size gardens and yes I always have chickens. Candy makes custom cards, her "supply" fills 2 rooms! I built a 28x40 steel shed with cement slab, very nice, I have 6 buildings here. Where I am moving I need another shop and of course a tractor/equipment shed.

Forum List

Back