USA #1 in Gun Ownership, not in Top Ten of Nations in Gun Crime

This stuff is so obvious; guns cause a drop in crime.

Note–the Telegraph presents gun ownership as so expansive in the U.S. that guns actually outnumber people. Yet the U.S. does not appear on the list of the Top 10 countries for firearm-related deaths. Those countries are:Honduras – 67.18 per 100,000 residents per yearVenezuela – 59.13Swaziland – 37.16Guatemala – 34.1Jamaica – 30.72El Salvador – 26.77Colombia – 25.94Brazil – 21.2Panama – 15.11Uruguay – 11.52

I see. So other than Swazliland, America is proud to point out that the US fairs better than Third World countries whose number of guns and war-making has been created by America in the first place? Wow! I am really impressed ......... .
crossjerk.gif

When the US can compare itself favourably, with a degree of conviction amongst western, civilized nations, then I'll award it an "awe". But that's not likely to happen because, although the US likes to point out their number of wealthy businessmen and is eager to spend gazillions of dollars on military and space exploration, the bare fact is that an enormous percentage of the American population is uneducated, and is living under conditions of turmoil and poverty akin to a Third World nation. So it's really no wonder that it competes with other Third World nations with regards to crime and homicide.

Those other western nations...France, Britain and the rest of Europe.....do not have our criminal problem...their criminals do not resort to murder as easily or as often as our criminals do....and it has nothing to do with access to guns...our non gun murder rate is higher than theirs....I repeat...our non gun murder rate is higher than their total murder rate.........

Our criminals are more likely to commit murder because they have a different criminal culture than the Europeans and Australians do......

But....this is changing....these other countries are importing violent populations from 3rd world countries....and Melbourne, Australia is now known as the city of the gun.....and they have offered another amnesty because the levels of illegal gun ownership in Australia have gone up...after the confiscation....

British gun crime went up 4% nation wide in 2014 and 10% in their major cities including London........

Gun control has failed in all of these countries.....they are just now beginning to see more gun violence because they are importing violent killers....we raised our violent killers in single, teenage mother run homes......

And again.....in the 1990s.....we had 200 million guns in private hands and 1.2 milion people carrying concealed guns....we now have in 2016, 357 million guns and 15 million people carrying guns for self defense...

Our gun murder rate went down 49%....

Our accidental gun death rate went down...

Our non fatal gun accident rate went down....

your entire post is wrong....in every single aspect....

Dont you just love it when libtards talk about things that they obviously do not understand? lol, it is one of those little spices of life.
Indeed they are just as funny as the flaming conspiracy theory loons who believe Sandy Hook, Charleston, and Aurora were all "fake and staged mass shootings."
Sometimes it just shocks me what some people are willing to believe. It gives me doubts about the effectiveness of the democratic process sometimes.

I'm gonna chalk this up to the Bourbon you'd been drinking but just minutes earlier you had agreed with the flaming CT loon in question - Dale Smith - and the quote in my retort ("fake and staged mass shootings") was lifted directly from his post (below). You aren't shocked by those like Smith who mindlessly and heartlessly make absurd CT claims about the victims and their grieving families and friends being frauds?

...If you take out the fake and staged mass shootings like the Sandy Hook hoax, Charleston, Aurora, etc, etc.....deaths go down even more.

I see. So other than Swazliland, America is proud to point out that the US fairs better than Third World countries whose

The USA also does better than the vast majority of other countries in Eastern Europe, which is not Third World.

Also, if you remove the data from democrat controled citiies with their urban corruption, the data for the USA is better than every other European nation except for Switzerland.

number of guns and war-making has been created by America in the first place? Wow! I am really impressed ......... .
crossjerk.gif

You should be but we both know you are not. You sound like you come from a culture where people are not trusted to be able to protect themselves and they have to depend on a police force that is minutes away when seconds count.

When the US can compare itself favourably, with a degree of conviction amongst western, civilized nations, then I'll award it an "awe".
Sure thang boss.
Crimes per 1,000 citizens
1 Iceland ..................209.52
2 Sweden .................138.35
3 Dominica ................112.55
4 United Kingdom ...109.96
5 New Zealand .........108.2
6 Finland ...................100.03
7 Belgium ..................94.22
8 Denmark ................91.34
9 Netherlands ...........88.11
10 Canada ................80.25
11 Germany ..............78.89
12 Norway ................72.73
13 Austria .................68.35
14 France ................61.03
15 South Africa ........58.94
16 Luxembourg ........58.38
17 Seychelles ..........51.34
NATO countries average 50.53
European Union average 49.27
Eurozone average ..46.8
Europe average .....43.52
18 Malta .................42.99
19 Estonia ..............42.54
20 Switzerland .......42.23
21 Hungary ............41.42
22 United States ....41.29

So the USA has less than half the violent crime of Iceland, Sweden, the UK, New Zealand, Finland, Belgium, Denmark and the Netherlands and we have our individual right to owna nd bear weapons to thank for that.

But you are still going to slam gun ownership and say that if one focuses only on gun related crimes our stats are much higher, which of course they would be since we have more guns, and you will ignore the simple fact that the guns allow for a huge net reduction of all crimes when people can defend themselves against criminals.

Last edited:

Note–the Telegraph presents gun ownership as so expansive in the U.S. that guns actually outnumber people. Yet the U.S. does not appear on the list of the Top 10 countries for firearm-related deaths. Those countries are:Honduras – 67.18 per 100,000 residents per yearVenezuela – 59.13Swaziland – 37.16Guatemala – 34.1Jamaica – 30.72El Salvador – 26.77Colombia – 25.94Brazil – 21.2Panama – 15.11Uruguay – 11.52

I see. So other than Swazliland, America is proud to point out that the US fairs better than Third World countries whose number of guns and war-making has been created by America in the first place? Wow! I am really impressed ......... .
crossjerk.gif

When the US can compare itself favourably, with a degree of conviction amongst western, civilized nations, then I'll award it an "awe". But that's not likely to happen because, although the US likes to point out their number of wealthy businessmen and is eager to spend gazillions of dollars on military and space exploration, the bare fact is that an enormous percentage of the American population is uneducated, and is living under conditions of turmoil and poverty akin to a Third World nation. So it's really no wonder that it competes with other Third World nations with regards to crime and homicide.

Those other western nations...France, Britain and the rest of Europe.....do not have our criminal problem...their criminals do not resort to murder as easily or as often as our criminals do....and it has nothing to do with access to guns...our non gun murder rate is higher than theirs....I repeat...our non gun murder rate is higher than their total murder rate.........

And again.....in the 1990s.....we had 200 million guns in private hands and 1.2 milion people carrying concealed guns....we now have in 2016, 357 million guns and 15 million people carrying guns for self defense...

your entire post is wrong....in every single aspect...

Yanno, I get all those fancy numbers and your point but there could be any number of contributing reasons why our GMR went down ... including but not limited to the proliferation of legal weapons.

The real reason is cultural. We have far more experience and far more success in assimilating immigrants than Europe does and our Founding Dads correctly understood the potential for gov't tyranny and allowed for an armed citizenry.

Yanno, I get all those fancy numbers and your point but there could be any number of contributing reasons why our GMR went down ... including but not limited to the proliferation of legal weapons.

The real reason is cultural. We have far more experience and far more success in assimilating immigrants than Europe does and our Founding Dads correctly understood the potential for gov't tyranny and allowed for an armed citizenry.
In what ways is our culture significantly different from that of Canada and the UK which would explain why our crime rates are much lower than either of those countries?

In what ways is our culture significantly different from that of Canada and the UK which would explain why our crime rates are much lower than either of those countries?

Again, like us any country could have multiple contributing cultural factors which account for their violent crime rate (including but not limited to the different methods of accumulating and reporting crime data). I have neither the knowledge of nor the interest in other's success (or failure) in the matter as it would be difficult if not impossible to integrate their cultures into ours.

Dont you just love it when libtards talk about things that they obviously do not understand? lol, it is one of those little spices of life.
Indeed they are just as funny as the flaming conspiracy theory loons who believe Sandy Hook, Charleston, and Aurora were all "fake and staged mass shootings."
Sometimes it just shocks me what some people are willing to believe. It gives me doubts about the effectiveness of the democratic process sometimes.

I'm gonna chalk this up to the Bourbon you'd been drinking but just minutes earlier you had agreed with the flaming CT loon in question - Dale Smith - and the quote in my retort ("fake and staged mass shootings") was lifted directly from his post (below). You aren't shocked by those like Smith who mindlessly and heartlessly make absurd CT claims about the victims and their grieving families and friends being frauds?
I think Dale is honestly mistaken about what is happening in these situations. There are disinformation campaigns being waged against our government by foreign entities and using our own governments training against itself in such a disinformation campaign is cute and clever.

We should be more skeptical about such scenarios and trust our government more, but after what happened at Ruby Ridge the US government has proven it is not worthy of such trust as it committed perjury in an effort to entrap and send to prison an innocent man and even staged the crime scene photos to frame him. It was all proven in court and the US government fined (which will be paid for with OUR tax payer money).

So while I disagree with Dale about these incidents I can no longer truthfully say it is all preposterous to even suggest it and that is the fault of our own government who traded the confidence and trust of its own people for a shot at a win in ONE court case.

Ruby Ridge - Wikipedia

Both FBI HQ and the Site Commanders in Idaho re-evaluated the situation based on information they were receiving from U.S. Marshals Hunt, Cooper and Roderick about what had happened on August 21. On about August 24, 1992, the fourth day of the siege on the Weaver family, FBI Deputy Assistant Director Danny Coulson wrote a memo:

OPR 004477
Something to Consider
1. Charge against Weaver is Bull Shit.
2. No one saw Weaver do any shooting.
3. Vicki has no charges against her.
4. Weaver's defense. He ran down the hill to see what dog was
barking at. Some guys in camys shot his dog.
Started shooting at him. Killed his son. Harris did the
shooting [of Degan]. He [Weaver] is in pretty strong legal position."[10][57]
On August 26, 1992, 10:53 a.m., the Rules of Engagement that had been in effect since the arrival of the HRT on August 22 were revoked.[58]...

Both the internal 1994 Ruby Ridge Task Force Report and the public 1995 Senate subcommittee report on Ruby Ridge criticized the rules of engagement as unconstitutional. A 1995 GAO report on use of force by federal law enforcement agencies stated: "In October 1995, Treasury and Justice adopted use of deadly force policies to standardize the various policies their component agencies had adopted over the years." The major change was the requirement of a reasonable belief of an "imminent" danger of death or serious physical injury, which brought all federal LEA deadly force policies in line with U.S. Supreme Court rulings (Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1, 18 (1985) and Graham v. Connor, 490 U.S. 386 (1989)) that applied to state and local LE agencies.[64]...

The surviving members of the Weaver family filed a wrongful death suit for $200 million. In an out-of-court settlement in August 1995, the federal government awarded Randy Weaver $100,000 and his three daughters $1 million each. The government did not admit any wrongdoing in the deaths of Sammy and Vicki.[65][66] On the condition of anonymity, a DOJ official told the Washington Post that he believed the Weavers probably would have won the full amount if the case had gone to trial.[67]

FBI director Louis Freeh disciplined or proposed discipline for twelve FBI employees over their handling of the incident and the later prosecution of Randy Weaver and Harris. He described the incident before the U.S. Senate hearing investigation as "synonymous with the exaggerated application of federal law enforcement" and stated "law enforcement overreacted at Ruby Ridge."[68]

Again, like us any country could have multiple contributing cultural factors which account for their violent crime rate (including but not limited to the different methods of accumulating and reporting crime data). I have neither the knowledge of nor the interest in other's success (or failure) in the matter as it would be difficult if not impossible to integrate their cultures into ours.
But at lest one of those cultural factors is that we Americans have a Constitutional right to own and bear guns for self defense and that is likely a huge factor in explaining the FACT that USA crime is way under that of Europe's crime per capita. Those are FACTS no matter how much you want to spin it.

I think Dale is honestly mistaken about what is happening in these situations. There are disinformation campaigns being waged against our government by foreign entities and using our own governments training against itself in such a disinformation campaign is cute and clever.

We should be more skeptical about such scenarios and trust our government more, but after what happened at Ruby Ridge the US government has proven it is not worthy of such trust as it committed perjury in an effort to entrap and send to prison an innocent man and even staged the crime scene photos to frame him. It was all proven in court and the US government fined (which will be paid for with OUR tax payer money).

So while I disagree with Dale about these incidents I can no longer truthfully say it is all preposterous to even suggest it and that is the fault of our own government who traded the confidence and trust of its own people for a shot at a win in ONE court case...

But in fact you specifically agreed with Smith's post (again, it could have been the Bourbon) and cherry-picking one terrible incident (Ruby Ridge) and making it some sort of seminal moment in your perspective ignores the thousands of gov't actions that are sometimes misguided but generally well-intentioned. It also demeans the millions of honest Americans who plan and perform those actions. Smith has an extremely paranoid POV in which America (and Americans) are always a force for evil and he is constantly complicit in spreading that mis and disinfo on these forums.

Yanno, I get all those fancy numbers and your point but there could be any number of contributing reasons why our GMR went down ... including but not limited to the proliferation of legal weapons. The real reason is cultural. We have far more experience and far more success in assimilating immigrants than Europe does and our Founding Dads correctly understood the potential for gov't tyranny and allowed for an armed citizenry.
But at lest one of those cultural factors is that we Americans have a Constitutional right to own and bear guns for self defense and that is likely a huge factor in explaining the FACT that USA crime is way under that of Europe's crime per capita. Those are FACTS no matter how much you want to spin it.

I'm not sure why you would misrepresent what I said (Straw Man?) but I agreed that our gun rights and culture - specifically codified in our constitution - must be factored into our GMR, just as other nation's gun laws must be factored into theirs. I simply offered that there are other factors which should be considered (such as differences in accumulating and reporting crime data).

I think there's no link between gun ownership and crime.
Criminals can find guns everywhere and they don't need gun permit! ;)
For example here is almost impossibile have any kind of gun but we have criminals...
They don't give a damn about laws :eusa_naughty:

Telegraph: U.S. Top Country for Gun Ownership, Not Even in Top 10 for Firearm Deaths - Breitbart

According to the Telegraph, the countries with highest per-capita gun ownership are:

1. USA – 112.6 guns per 100 residents
  2. Serbia – 75.6
  3. Yemen – 54.8
  4. Switzerland – 45.7
  5. Cyprus – 36.4
  6. Saudi Arabia – 35
  7. Iraq – 34.2
  8. Uruguay – 31.8
  9. Sweden – 31.6
  10. Norway – 31.3
Note–the Telegraph presents gun ownership as so expansive in the U.S. that guns actually outnumber people. Yet the U.S. does not appear on the list of the Top 10 countries for firearm-related deaths. Those countries are:

1. Honduras – 67.18 per 100,000 residents per year
  2. Venezuela – 59.13
  3. Swaziland – 37.16
  4. Guatemala – 34.1
  5. Jamaica – 30.72
  6. El Salvador – 26.77
  7. Colombia – 25.94
  8. Brazil – 21.2
  9. Panama – 15.11
  10. Uruguay – 11.52
The map and the accompanying Telegraph article were drawn from the Small Arms Survey and the 2012 Congressional Research Serrvice Report. As Breitbart News previously reported, the CRS report shows privately owned firearms jumped from 192 million in the U.S. in 1994 to 310 million in 2009. At the same time, the “firearm-related murder and non-negligent homicide” rate–which was 6.6 per 100,000 Americans in 1993–fell to 3.6 per 100,000 by 2000. Gun sales continued to surge and the “firearm-related murder and non-negligent homicide” rate fell to 3.2 in 2011.

Think about it–as gun ownership rose, the murder rate plummeted in the U.S. Couple that with the fact that only one of the Top 10 countries for gun ownership is also in the Top 10 for firearm-related deaths–Uruguay is number eight for gun ownership number 10 for gun deaths–and the point is clear: More guns correlate with less crime.
Huh....I thought Canada had the highest gun/citizen ratio

Yes. I attribute it to what i was saying about Americans being "uneducated, and living under conditions of turmoil and poverty akin to a Third World nation." I may have over-stated it but I think it is a fair assessment of the problem ... and why it is a problem.

Our criminals are more likely to commit murder because they have a different criminal culture than the Europeans and Australians do......
Can you explain? I don't know what you mean by "criminal culture".

Gun control has failed in all of these countries.....they are just now beginning to see more gun violence because they are importing violent killers....we raised our violent killers in single, teenage mother run homes......
Jesus! You are more pessimistic than I am.

That's not even possible

... You sound like you come from a culture where people are not trusted to be able to protect themselves and they have to depend on a police force that is minutes away when seconds count.

It was only a few short years ago that we had a murder once in about 5 years. Your point (if you have one) hasn't been made.

crossjerk.gif

your entire post is wrong....in every single aspect...

The point you just missed, wether intentionally or not...?

The anti gun movement is based entirely on the concept that more guns in more hands = more crime.......that is the anti gun movement at it's core......and the "fancy numbers" show that the core belief of the anti gun movement is completely wrong.....and not even close to being the truth....

More guns does not = more crime, in fact, if you look at the decrease in the level of gun murder....there may in fact be a correlation between more guns less crime....

... You sound like you come from a culture where people are not trusted to be able to protect themselves and they have to depend on a police force that is minutes away when seconds count.

It was only a few short years ago that we had a murder once in about 5 years. Your point (if you have one) hasn't been made.

You are pushing erroneous factoids there, Captain Neemo.

upload_2016-10-24_11-47-2.png

Yes. I attribute it to what i was saying about Americans being "uneducated, and living under conditions of turmoil and poverty akin to a Third World nation." I may have over-stated it but I think it is a fair assessment of the problem ... and why it is a problem.

Can you explain? I don't know what you mean by "criminal culture".

Jesus! You are more pessimistic than I am.

That's not even possible

By criminal culture I mean how criminals behave in society.....for example...our criminals will commit murder over an insult on facebook.....European criminals do not do that. Our criminals will target the children of other gang members as we saw here in Chicago....criminals in Europe do not do that.....the Yakuza in Japan....are more concerned about making money than they are about settling grudges with murder......but when they do cross that line...they use guns and grenades to do it....

British criminals do not commit murder with their guns, but they have guns...they do pour boiling water over the heads of senior citizens to get them to give up their valuables...

Those are some differences in criminal culture...

Telegraph: U.S. Top Country for Gun Ownership, Not Even in Top 10 for Firearm Deaths - Breitbart

According to the Telegraph, the countries with highest per-capita gun ownership are:

1. USA – 112.6 guns per 100 residents
  2. Serbia – 75.6
  3. Yemen – 54.8
  4. Switzerland – 45.7
  5. Cyprus – 36.4
  6. Saudi Arabia – 35
  7. Iraq – 34.2
  8. Uruguay – 31.8
  9. Sweden – 31.6
  10. Norway – 31.3
Note–the Telegraph presents gun ownership as so expansive in the U.S. that guns actually outnumber people. Yet the U.S. does not appear on the list of the Top 10 countries for firearm-related deaths. Those countries are:

1. Honduras – 67.18 per 100,000 residents per year
  2. Venezuela – 59.13
  3. Swaziland – 37.16
  4. Guatemala – 34.1
  5. Jamaica – 30.72
  6. El Salvador – 26.77
  7. Colombia – 25.94
  8. Brazil – 21.2
  9. Panama – 15.11
  10. Uruguay – 11.52
The map and the accompanying Telegraph article were drawn from the Small Arms Survey and the 2012 Congressional Research Serrvice Report. As Breitbart News previously reported, the CRS report shows privately owned firearms jumped from 192 million in the U.S. in 1994 to 310 million in 2009. At the same time, the “firearm-related murder and non-negligent homicide” rate–which was 6.6 per 100,000 Americans in 1993–fell to 3.6 per 100,000 by 2000. Gun sales continued to surge and the “firearm-related murder and non-negligent homicide” rate fell to 3.2 in 2011.

Think about it–as gun ownership rose, the murder rate plummeted in the U.S. Couple that with the fact that only one of the Top 10 countries for gun ownership is also in the Top 10 for firearm-related deaths–Uruguay is number eight for gun ownership number 10 for gun deaths–and the point is clear: More guns correlate with less crime.
Huh....I thought Canada had the highest gun/citizen ratio

Canada's gun crime rate is going up now....

The real reason is cultural. We have far more experience and far more success in assimilating immigrants than Europe does ......
This is a misconception. We, in Europe, are failing not because we don't have enough experience in assimilating immigrants. Our history (including immigration) goes back many more centuries before the Americas were even 'discovered'. We could talk about that for days. BUT our failure TODAY is that we have made two very big mistakes:

1a). We have allowed millions of people from the Middle East, various nations with a culture and mentality from another world. Some would say 'primitive'.

1b). With so many at one time, and settled in concentrated areas, they can not assimilate.

1c.) We have tried to spread them out across the country but it is illegal (racist, it is said) to 'force' people to live where they do not want to live. They insist on living in the bigger cities.

2.) Multiculturalism. This concept is misunderstood by the people of the US, who believe it means multiple nationalities/ethnic groups living in the same country. But no, multiculturalism has become state-instigated encouragement to NOT integrate/assimilate. We do not insist that migrants learn our language, or understand our laws and culture.

So, it is incorrect to say that we lack experience with immigration. We have lots of experience, so it's not that. Our problem is that we are disregarding our experience and our better judgement - and instead we are committing suicide for the sake of being P.C.

Forum List

Back