Permitless concealed carry in Ohio, did not lead to more gun crime. Normal people do not use their guns for crime or murder.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The anti-gun extremists want to take our guns because they don't want us to be able to stop them....their brown shirts, blm and antifa, or their new allies among the hamas supporting extremists who attack people who support Israel and denounce hamas atrocities......

They try to use normal people carrying guns for self defense as an excuse to ban and confiscate guns, claiming permitless carry makes people less safe......

They are wrong, and they lie...

At the time, gun control activists and anti-gun politicians decried the move and declared it would make the state a more dangerous place. State Rep. Allison Russo even claimed that “Republicans have made it crystal clear that they value the approval of the gun lobby more than the lives of Ohioans and the police officers who protect our communities every day.”

With the FBI’s crime statistics for 2022 now publicly available, was Russo right? Did Ohio become a more dangerous place because of permitless carry? Were Republicans really casting their votes because they had no care or concern about the safety of their constituents or those tasked with enforcing the laws they approved at the state capitol?

Nope to all of the above.

Overall violent crimes were down in Ohio and the U.S. in 2022, with Ohio seeing a 7.5% decrease from 2021 and the U.S. reporting a 1.63% decrease.
Last year Ohio and the U.S. both also saw a drop in homicides after increases in 2021 and 2020.
Ohio had 6.1 homicides per 100,000 people last year, compared to 7.5 and 7 in 2021 and 2020, respectively, according data from the FBI. Nationally there were 6.5 homicide per 100,000 in 2020 and 6.8 in 2021 compared to 6.3 in 2022.

Florida allowed permitless concealed carry beginning in July. So far I have not noticed any increase in the misuse of firearms.

People who normally do not break the law don’t suddenly start to do so just because they don’t have to get a license to pack heat.

Florida allowed permitless concealed carry beginning in July. So far I have not noticed any increase in the misuse of firearms.

People who normally do not break the law don’t suddenly start to do so just because they don’t have to get a license to pack heat.
I was going to post this.

There has been no increase in gun crime that I can see. Just the normal ghetto crime we see all the time, regardless of what the law is.

The only difference in my house is now my wife carries a gun with her in her purse. She didn't carry one before because she had let her CWP expire.

I was going to post this.

There has been no increase in gun crime that I can see. Just the normal ghetto crime we see all the time, regardless of what the law is.

The only difference in my house is now my wife carries a gun with her in her purse. She didn't carry one before because she had let her CWP expire.
I know a lady that never had a concealed carry permit but carried a gun in her purse. Now she is legal. I also knew a well known doctor in the Tampa Bay Area who did the same. He didn’t want the government to know he owned firearms.

I'm in Ohio.
I can't tell you how upset I am for having wasted perfectly good $ on new galoshes to protect my shoes from the blood that was sure to run in the streets.

The anti-gun extremists want to take our guns because they don't want us to be able to stop them....their brown shirts, blm and antifa, or their new allies among the hamas supporting extremists who attack people who support Israel and denounce hamas atrocities......

They try to use normal people carrying guns for self defense as an excuse to ban and confiscate guns, claiming permitless carry makes people less safe......

They are wrong, and they lie...

At the time, gun control activists and anti-gun politicians decried the move and declared it would make the state a more dangerous place. State Rep. Allison Russo even claimed that “Republicans have made it crystal clear that they value the approval of the gun lobby more than the lives of Ohioans and the police officers who protect our communities every day.”

With the FBI’s crime statistics for 2022 now publicly available, was Russo right? Did Ohio become a more dangerous place because of permitless carry? Were Republicans really casting their votes because they had no care or concern about the safety of their constituents or those tasked with enforcing the laws they approved at the state capitol?

Nope to all of the above.

Any elected official that disobeys his oath he swore to the Constitution and I doughty had any honor to begin with is to be removed from the office he or she holds and stand trial by jury for his crimes. The Bill of Rights the last time I looked was part of the Constitution. So any elected idiot who have wrote or voted for any anti gun bill has BROKEN HIS OATH. Let's start picking juries cause there are a lot of politicians going to jail and let's start with Joe since there has never been an anti gun bill Sticky Joe ain't voted for. Since thousands more Americans die from the Poisons Biden let's flow over the border maybe we shouldn't wait and march on Washington now. Does anyone have any string? There hasn't been a democrat since LBJ helped the CIA murder JFK.

Sometimes you just gotta scratch your head. Apparently you can now smoke dope and hire someone to kill your unborn child and yet you can carry a concealed firearm in Ohio.

Forum List

Back