How to lower gun crime...very easy step....10-20-life.....boom....drops the mic.

The way you drop gun crime? You lock up the criminals who commit gun crime...for really long periods of time....

this has the added advantage of not bothering normal gun owners because they don't use their guns for crime or violence...

If they really wanted to bring crime down to civilized levels, they wouldn’t even need to reinvent the wheel to do so.

Florida had a violent crime crisis long ago. Then they implemented a 10-20-Life law. Bad guys toting guns in the commission of violent crimes got a 10-year sentencing enhancement on top of the underlying crime. There were no options for plea bargains, probation or early release. This was hard time.

Thugs discharging their guns picked up twenty extra years, effectively taking them out of circulation for a generation. And if their shots wounded or killed anyone, they got a 25-years to Life enhancement, keeping them locked up for even longer.

With a few short years under 10-20-Life, Florida’s firearm violent crime numbers fell to historic lows.

But....why wouldn't democrats want to lower the gun crime and murder rates?

Could it be that they believe that high gun crime and gun murder rates give them the best chance they have to ban and confiscate guns?

Errrr...yup...........
You are using an incorrect definition of gun crime. Gun crime is not when you use a gun in a crime; that's called a crime. Gun crime is when a gun is stolen or a stolen gun trafficked and that's pretty much all that is gun crime.

Robbery with a gun is exactly the same as robbery with a knife. Is a woman raped at knife point less raped than the woman raped at gun point? Of course not.

If you commit a violent crime, go to prison for 10 years. If you do it again, go to prison for 20 years. If you do it a third time, then life without parole. The weapon you choose has nothing to do with it as we have learned in the UK. How do the gun add-ons help when the most common implement of crime now is a knife in the UK.

Imagine had Florida implemented the same standards for all violent crimes instead of just those crimes where the criminal carried a gun? Then all violent crime, not just those exact same crimes but committed while carrying a gun, would have been greatly reduced.

Mrs Lanza owned two pistols, two bolt action hunting rifles and the AR-15 he used to murder her. That’s not a stockpile by any sane standard.
The limiting factor in each and every stockpile is that a human being has only two arms so, at the very most, can shoot two guns at a time. If I have three guns or three hundred guns, I can still only shoot two at once so the stockpile argument, always made for local TV news ratings, shown all day in the commercials to make sure every one tunes in at 5 and again at 11, is really a useless term.

The list of weapons found in the home reads like the contents of a survivalist bunker. The guns included an Enfield Albion bolt-action rifle, a Savage Mark II .22-caliber rifle, a black BB gun and a starter pistol. In addition, investigators found several large-capacity magazines, along with a huge array of ammunition: at least 126 shotgun shells and 1,526 bullets, including 661 .22-caliber bullets, 178 .45-caliber bullets and 161 9mm bullets. There were also nine knives, three Samurai swords, a pole outfitted with a spear and blade and a bayonet.

He started with his mother, shooting her in the forehead with a .22 caliber rifle. Then he took four guns to the scene: a .223 caliber Bushmaster rifle, which he used to shoot the students and school workers; a Glock 10mm handgun, which he used on himself; a loaded 9 mm Sig-Sauer handgun found on his body; and a 12-gauge Izhmash Canta shotgun, which he left behind in his mother's Honda Civic outside the school. In the car there were two magazines containing 70 shotgun rounds.

You're just sad that your ideal woman was taken off the market when her crazy son killed her with her own weapon.
You and especially those in the UK would really be terrified by the stockpile of weapons at my daughter's house.

She has three young children and two grandchildren (my great grandchildren) and they, each and every one of them, play baseball. There must be 30 or 40 baseball bats in their house. One of my granddaughters is an aspiring chef and has... (you should probably sit down for this)... She has knives! Coincidentally, they all each own a couple of guns that they use to shoot animals and then they eat the animals, too, but all of those are nothing compared to the number of non-firearm weapons they have around the house. It's a real arsenal.

The list of weapons found in the home reads like the contents of a survivalist bunker. The guns included an Enfield Albion bolt-action rifle, a Savage Mark II .22-caliber rifle, a black BB gun and a starter pistol. In addition, investigators found several large-capacity magazines, along with a huge array of ammunition: at least 126 shotgun shells and 1,526 bullets, including 661 .22-caliber bullets, 178 .45-caliber bullets and 161 9mm bullets. There were also nine knives, three Samurai swords, a pole outfitted with a spear and blade and a bayonet.

He started with his mother, shooting her in the forehead with a .22 caliber rifle. Then he took four guns to the scene: a .223 caliber Bushmaster rifle, which he used to shoot the students and school workers; a Glock 10mm handgun, which he used on himself; a loaded 9 mm Sig-Sauer handgun found on his body; and a 12-gauge Izhmash Canta shotgun, which he left behind in his mother's Honda Civic outside the school. In the car there were two magazines containing 70 shotgun rounds.

You're just sad that your ideal woman was taken off the market when her crazy son killed her with her own weapon.
I'm married to my ideal woman. When she was the age of the girls in this picture, this could have been her (but we're far too old for it to be us today) but this is definitely an example of an ideal woman:

Given he killed 26 people including 20 preschoolers with mom's arsenal, um, yeah, seems like it did the job.
And the outcry was to ban the AR-15, which he did not have or use. The outcry of every shooting, even though 95% of the "mass shootings" by your definitions, did not involve AR-15s. So what you need to take away from this is that you're a puppet. [edit to add: Sorry; my mistake; his Bushmaster was an AR-15. I was picturing an M14 in my mind]

There are leaders in the movement to destroy the United States, as we know it, leaders in the movement to disarm Americans in order to support that destruction, who keep people like you, and others in the puppet-class, focused on the AR-15 and what they term "assault weapons" even though "assault weapons" kill far fewer people each year than do arms and fists, or than do hammers and clubs. They're not interested at all in defending the masses from being shot and killed. They're interested only in defending the tyrants from being shot and killed in the coming tyrannical movements led by the left.

Taking the guns from law-abiding, patriotic even, people is never going to solve or stop a single mass shooting as it does not address the populations who are perpetrating the shootings. But if gun control would work, then it would be handguns that should be targeted. Now I'm not saying to just switch to handguns because the criminals will always get guns illegally as they do today but that you and others like you focus on the AR-15 just shows what puppets you are for those who are using you for their own purposes and not for defending the masses.

Last edited:
And the outcry was to ban the AR-15, which he did not have or use. The outcry of every shooting, even though 95% of the "mass shootings" by your definitions, did not involve AR-15s.
The left sells dead kids as a means to push its agenda.
They gleefully laugh at the news of a mass shootings, especially one in a white suburban elementary school.

We don't have to confiscate all the guns.

Just make it harder for new guns to get out there. Nearly every mass shooter buys his guns within a few weeks of his rampage. A real background check would catch these people.

I just had to submit 200 pages of documentation to Immigration to prove my wife is legitimately my wife and not just trying to scam a green card. (Even though she already has a green card.)

When I applied for my last mortgage, I had to turn over years of tax returns and documentation on every account I opened.

When I applied for my current job, I had to undergo a thorough background check.

When I applied for my IL FOID card, I sent them $11.00 and a picture.

That last one seems pretty fucking inadequate.
What a hypocrite. What do you mean we don't have to confiscate all the guns and just make it harder to get new ones? If I have three hundred guns today, you're suggesting that's fine but if I buy one more then suddenly it's dangerous? That's absolutely absurd.

If you had evil intent, it only takes one gun. We could not stop it except by having a bunch of good guys with guns at wherever your target might be. It is completely illegal in Chicago to get any handgun without going through a very thorough process and, yet, those minorities you pretend to care about in the statistics but don't care a bit about when it comes to stopping criminals, always have guns when they want them.

If you want to stop a school shooting, make sure there are lots of good guys with guns in every school. Here's how, for example, how to stop a mall shooting. what's really funny is that the British Broadcasting Company (BBC) correctly calls this guy a hero. In the UK, of course, he would be in prison for life because we can't have heroes stopping bad guys.

I have offered to sensible ideas

Both of which are being ignored by libs

One is increased school security even if it means less protection for the mayor and fat assed judges

The other is a tough mandatory jail sentence when felon are caught with a firearm

They should be off the streets immediately for 3-5 years no questions asked

When libs are ready to implement those changes I am ready to accept stronger background checks AT THE VERY SAME TIME

But not before
I didn't realize you were a gun controller. Hopefully the Supreme Court is on the verge of tossing the felon-with-a-gun prohibition as unconstitutional. You should catch up. Convicted felons who are dangerous belong in prison or mental health institutions.

The first thing we need to do to stop school shootings is to put more good guys with guns in the schools.

Next, we need to have the police actually respond when mentally defectives post online that they're going to shoot a bunch of people.

The next biggest thing we can do to stop school shootings is to quit creating mentally defective children by telling children that they're in the wrong body and telling them that the world hates them and that they need to hate the world.

And I don't care what the other gun controllers accept or do, your gun control measures like enhanced background checks are still unconstitutional.

Nope, 655.

Actually, they went up because Heller and McDonald struck down any sensible gun laws.

Cops weren't doing their jobs to start with. Their main goal is to come home safely, not to stop crime.

I never called a cop and ever had him show up to do a fucking bit of good.
There were no mass shootings that happened because someone in Washington DC or Chicago got a legal license to carry a gun. Not one. You're lying out of your ass.

Gun owners are all in favor of keeping guns out of the hands of lunatics. Unfortunately people like you make this impossible because you believe medical privacy trumps public safety. In most cases the shooters were under medical or psychiatric care and should have been reported so they couldn’t buy weapons.
I'm going to have to call you on this one. Who gets to decide who is a lunatic? If we ban lunatics from having guns does that prevent them from having guns? On one side of your mouth, I'm guessing but confidently so, you have probably argued that gun control laws don't work but here you are calling for gun control laws as though they would work.

So please make your opinion clear on this: do gun control laws work? Or do gun control laws only prevent those not inclined to break the law from breaking the law?

Pardon if I said this to you before but.......

The answer isn't to lock people up. The answer is if someone goes out and knowingly, willingly and intentionally kills someone else then you execute them immediately. No death row, no appeals, no nuthouse. You execute them within 48 hours.

And it should be a federal crime to comitt murder. Meaning it isn't up to states. You go out and shoot someone you're now in the hands of the feds and if found guilty you die.

A year of that and you'll see violent crime drop dramatically.

Other options to reducing it is you treat criminals, dopeheads and nutballs like what they are.

Comitt a felony? Jail. Comitt another one? You lose both pinky fingers and jail time. Comitt a 3rd one? You get to decide either exiled from America forever or execution.

Criminals on first offenses can have reduced jail time if they volunteer to be surgically sterilized so they can't spread their seed and raise more criminals. Free of charge obviously.
Where is the constitutional directive for the Federal Government to criminalize murder?

The way you drop gun crime? You lock up the criminals who commit gun crime...for really long periods of time....

this has the added advantage of not bothering normal gun owners because they don't use their guns for crime or violence...

If they really wanted to bring crime down to civilized levels, they wouldn’t even need to reinvent the wheel to do so.

Florida had a violent crime crisis long ago. Then they implemented a 10-20-Life law. Bad guys toting guns in the commission of violent crimes got a 10-year sentencing enhancement on top of the underlying crime. There were no options for plea bargains, probation or early release. This was hard time.

Thugs discharging their guns picked up twenty extra years, effectively taking them out of circulation for a generation. And if their shots wounded or killed anyone, they got a 25-years to Life enhancement, keeping them locked up for even longer.

With a few short years under 10-20-Life, Florida’s firearm violent crime numbers fell to historic lows.

But....why wouldn't democrats want to lower the gun crime and murder rates?

Could it be that they believe that high gun crime and gun murder rates give them the best chance they have to ban and confiscate guns?

Errrr...yup...........

Actually. The RW doesn’t want anything like that. They want life sentences for the wrong sort who use guns. Take the Rancher in Arizona. The man who is alleged to have killed someone with his rifle. That man the RW is claiming is being persecuted.

The McMichaels in Georgia. The list goes on and on. You don’t want gun crime prosecuted. You want some people, usually Black, prosecuted.

Actually. The RW doesn’t want anything like that. They want life sentences for the wrong sort who use guns. Take the Rancher in Arizona. The man who is alleged to have killed someone with his rifle. That man the RW is claiming is being persecuted.

The McMichaels in Georgia. The list goes on and on. You don’t want gun crime prosecuted. You want some people, usually Black, prosecuted.

You are a stupid human…….we want actual criminals put in prison or executed………you want innocent people who used guns legally for self defense to be punished.

How about you link to the cases so we can see how full of crap you are…

How about you link to the cases so we can see how full of crap you are…

How quickly you forget.

And.

The McMichaels were not acting in self defense. Not by a long shot. In fact, under Georgia law they were committing Felonies almost the moment they set off in pursuit.

The Rancher? I doubt it. His story does not add up. At all.

How quickly you forget.

And.

The McMichaels were not acting in self defense. Not by a long shot. In fact, under Georgia law they were committing Felonies almost the moment they set off in pursuit.

The Rancher? I doubt it. His story does not add up. At all.

The first one they were idiots for confronting the guy and paid the price……the rancher shouldnt have shot that far away….hes going to prison…..,

Meanwhile, you have 19,000 gun murders in 2021…..the majority of those are actual criminals…..life long criminals shooting each other and other victims…..

You have two cases Out of the thousands of actual criminals who make their living as criminals…you dumb ass

I didn't realize you were a gun controller.
I didnt realize you were so pro criminal

Do you want to let them out on no bail after they kill someone?

Maybe pick a MAGA at random to be locked up instead

I didn't realize you were a gun controller. Hopefully the Supreme Court is on the verge of tossing the felon-with-a-gun prohibition as unconstitutional. You should catch up. Convicted felons who are dangerous belong in prison or mental health institutions.

The first thing we need to do to stop school shootings is to put more good guys with guns in the schools.

Next, we need to have the police actually respond when mentally defectives post online that they're going to shoot a bunch of people.

The next biggest thing we can do to stop school shootings is to quit creating mentally defective children by telling children that they're in the wrong body and telling them that the world hates them and that they need to hate the world.

And I don't care what the other gun controllers accept or do, your gun control measures like enhanced background checks are still unconstitutional.
I cant disagree with my ideas that you so skillfully annunciated

Because I’m very pro gun control for criminals

I'm going to have to call you on this one. Who gets to decide who is a lunatic? If we ban lunatics from having guns does that prevent them from having guns? On one side of your mouth, I'm guessing but confidently so, you have probably argued that gun control laws don't work but here you are calling for gun control laws as though they would work.

So please make your opinion clear on this: do gun control laws work? Or do gun control laws only prevent those not inclined to break the law from breaking the law?
It‘s pretty damned clear. Make mental health providers mandatory reporters so they HAVE to report their mentally Ill patients to be put into the databases that won’t allow them to purchase guns. The gun control laws don’t work because people like you don’t enforce them, you just make excuses for lunatics and criminals until they kill someone and then you blame the tool they used.

I didnt realize you were so pro criminal

Do you want to let them out on no bail after they kill someone?

Maybe pick a MAGA at random to be locked up instead
Just show me where in the Constitution the authority to ban anyone, felon or otherwise, from having guns for life. And show me any statistic to suggest that such a ban has any impact on crime. Gun laws only serve to disarm the law-abiding and to make it easier for the criminal to attack the law-abiding.

Forum List

Back