How to lower gun crime...very easy step....10-20-life.....boom....drops the mic.

The list of weapons found in the home reads like the contents of a survivalist bunker. The guns included an Enfield Albion bolt-action rifle, a Savage Mark II .22-caliber rifle, a black BB gun and a starter pistol. In addition, investigators found several large-capacity magazines, along with a huge array of ammunition: at least 126 shotgun shells and 1,526 bullets, including 661 .22-caliber bullets, 178 .45-caliber bullets and 161 9mm bullets. There were also nine knives, three Samurai swords, a pole outfitted with a spear and blade and a bayonet.

He started with his mother, shooting her in the forehead with a .22 caliber rifle. Then he took four guns to the scene: a .223 caliber Bushmaster rifle, which he used to shoot the students and school workers; a Glock 10mm handgun, which he used on himself; a loaded 9 mm Sig-Sauer handgun found on his body; and a 12-gauge Izhmash Canta shotgun, which he left behind in his mother's Honda Civic outside the school. In the car there were two magazines containing 70 shotgun rounds.

You're just sad that your ideal woman was taken off the market when her crazy son killed her with her own weapon.
First a starter pistol isn't a gun or even a weapon. It can't fire projectiles. Those aren't extraordinary large numbers of rounds. I own two 9 mm pistols. I keep two hundred rounds in the house at all times. When I go to the range, I will often fire over a hundred rounds per visit. I have a .22 rifle; I buy my ammo for it in bricks of a thousand rounds. When I shot matches for my Army Reserve unit back in college, I would shoot about a thousand rounds a week. I went to the range every day after school for hours. I got my ammo from my unit and generally had three weeks' worth of ammo in my apartment at any given time since it took the Army time to deliver orders.

Two unsupported assumptions here:
  • The federal legislation in questions would reduce crime
  • The FL constitutional carry law will increase crime
I guess you don't see the need to keep guns out of the hands of convicted domestic abusers and other dangerous people.
I'm actually happy about the FL constitutional carry law, some state has be the guinea pig, I'm just glad it is not mine.

We barely have enough money to pay for books and meals in the schools. Why should we spend already limited resources because your gun fetishists don't want to have any scrutiny to your ownership.

Quite the contary, we have so many that we've become numb to it. So a mass shooting with only 2 or 3 victims only makes the local news.
The schools have plenty of money. They waste it on administrative overhead that produces nothing but shuffled paper. To research a post on another thread, I looked up the Jr. High I went to back in the mid-sixties, the admin personnel were twenty times the number as when I went and the student body was fifty percent smaller.

I guess you don't see the need...
I see you know you cannot support the assumptions.
My point, made.
I'm actually happy about the FL constitutional carry law, some state has be the guinea pig,
Constitutional carry was around --long-- before FL changed its law; FL was state # 25 or 26 or of 27 to adopt it.

They don't study gun violence, they lie about guns in order to get them banned and confiscated.....that is why they support preventing our schools from being protected.

Schools should not have to be "protected" from gun weilding lunatics. We should get rid of the gun weilding lunatics. If you tell me you can't do that without being able to enjoy your fetish, then I don't have a problem with that.

Those aren't extraordinary large numbers of rounds. I own two 9 mm pistols. I keep two hundred rounds in the house at all times.

Well, the days of me thinking of you as a Gun Nut are definitely coming to a middle.

The schools have plenty of money. They waste it on administrative overhead that produces nothing but shuffled paper. To research a post on another thread, I looked up the Jr. High I went to back in the mid-sixties, the admin personnel were twenty times the number as when I went and the student body was fifty percent smaller.

That's nice, and pointless. We shouldn't have to protect kids because we refuse to keep guns out of the hands of lunatics.

Schools should not have to be "protected" from gun weilding lunatics. We should get rid of the gun weilding lunatics. If you tell me you can't do that without being able to enjoy your fetish, then I don't have a problem with that.

Every Jewish school in Europe has paid, gun toting protection.......your gun control paradises...

Well, the days of me thinking of you as a Gun Nut are definitely coming to a middle.

That's nice, and pointless. We shouldn't have to protect kids because we refuse to keep guns out of the hands of lunatics.
Gun owners are all in favor of keeping guns out of the hands of lunatics. Unfortunately people like you make this impossible because you believe medical privacy trumps public safety. In most cases the shooters were under medical or psychiatric care and should have been reported so they couldn’t buy weapons.

It’s not pointless, YOU claimed that schools are too short of money to provide services like meals and security. I just refuted your lie.

Unfortunately for you my days on absolutely knowing that you are insane and opinionated are far from coming to an end.

Every Jewish school in Europe has paid, gun toting protection.......your gun control paradises...
Must be nice to have money. Of course, Schools in Europe don't have to worry about every fucking maniac kid having a gun at home.

Unfortunately for you my days on absolutely knowing that you are insane and opinionated are far from coming to an end.
Ooh, hit a sensitive spot, did I?

Gun owners are all in favor of keeping guns out of the hands of lunatics. Unfortunately people like you make this impossible because you believe medical privacy trumps public safety. In most cases the shooters were under medical or psychiatric care and should have been reported so they couldn’t buy weapons.

Oh, bullshit. We find out that these guys are nuts before the bodies are cold. Usually everyone in their lives knew it.

So I have my solution. Let the gun industry run their own background checks, but when a nutter goes on a shooting spree, the people wounded or the relatives of those killed can sue.

I betcha they do exactly what the banks did after 2008... make sure this never happens again.

Must be nice to have money. Of course, Schools in Europe don't have to worry about every fucking maniac kid having a gun at home.

No, they have to worry about muslim terrorists armed with fully automatic military rifles and grenades......both of which are illegal in Europe.

No, I've always known you are an idiotic, self-obsessed fool who is too stupid to understand either the spoken or written word. You make up "facts" to support your pre-conceived prejudice and refuse to budge no matter how often you are shown you are wrong.

Oh, bullshit. We find out that these guys are nuts before the bodies are cold. Usually everyone in their lives knew it.

So I have my solution. Let the gun industry run their own background checks, but when a nutter goes on a shooting spree, the people wounded or the relatives of those killed can sue.

I betcha they do exactly what the banks did after 2008... make sure this never happens again.
Sure, it's a stupid idea, but let the gun manufacturers do background checks on THEIR customers. What you refuse to admit is their customers are independent gun shops that already have to meet severe federal legal constraints.

The way you drop gun crime? You lock up the criminals who commit gun crime...for really long periods of time....

this has the added advantage of not bothering normal gun owners because they don't use their guns for crime or violence...

If they really wanted to bring crime down to civilized levels, they wouldn’t even need to reinvent the wheel to do so.

Florida had a violent crime crisis long ago. Then they implemented a 10-20-Life law. Bad guys toting guns in the commission of violent crimes got a 10-year sentencing enhancement on top of the underlying crime. There were no options for plea bargains, probation or early release. This was hard time.

Thugs discharging their guns picked up twenty extra years, effectively taking them out of circulation for a generation. And if their shots wounded or killed anyone, they got a 25-years to Life enhancement, keeping them locked up for even longer.

With a few short years under 10-20-Life, Florida’s firearm violent crime numbers fell to historic lows.

But....why wouldn't democrats want to lower the gun crime and murder rates?

Could it be that they believe that high gun crime and gun murder rates give them the best chance they have to ban and confiscate guns?

Errrr...yup...........

Pardon if I said this to you before but.......

The answer isn't to lock people up. The answer is if someone goes out and knowingly, willingly and intentionally kills someone else then you execute them immediately. No death row, no appeals, no nuthouse. You execute them within 48 hours.

And it should be a federal crime to comitt murder. Meaning it isn't up to states. You go out and shoot someone you're now in the hands of the feds and if found guilty you die.

A year of that and you'll see violent crime drop dramatically.

Other options to reducing it is you treat criminals, dopeheads and nutballs like what they are.

Comitt a felony? Jail. Comitt another one? You lose both pinky fingers and jail time. Comitt a 3rd one? You get to decide either exiled from America forever or execution.

Criminals on first offenses can have reduced jail time if they volunteer to be surgically sterilized so they can't spread their seed and raise more criminals. Free of charge obviously.

Pardon if I said this to you before but.......

The answer isn't to lock people up. The answer is if someone goes out and knowingly, willingly and intentionally kills someone else then you execute them immediately. No death row, no appeals, no nuthouse. You execute them within 48 hours.

And it should be a federal crime to comitt murder. Meaning it isn't up to states. You go out and shoot someone you're now in the hands of the feds and if found guilty you die.

A year of that and you'll see violent crime drop dramatically.

Other options to reducing it is you treat criminals, dopeheads and nutballs like what they are.

Comitt a felony? Jail. Comitt another one? You lose both pinky fingers and jail time. Comitt a 3rd one? You get to decide either exiled from America forever or execution.

Criminals on first offenses can have reduced jail time if they volunteer to be surgically sterilized so they can't spread their seed and raise more criminals. Free of charge obviously.

I'm in for that too.....murder should get the death penalty....

Forum List

Back