US and the Holocaust - Ken Burns

The migrants flooding western countries are coming for the money
^^^This. that's the only reason they're coming now. They aren't refugees, they're just criminal illegal aliens. That's all most of them came for in the past, for that matter. Their offspring are the ones who became patriots.

So its the US's fault that several European nations decided to mass murder jews? The same US that later rescued Europe and all of its jews at the cost 400,000 American soldier deaths? Sheesh, talk about ingrateful!
Perhaps you need to watch the doc and then comment. You create an huyterical straw man to claim victimhood. It bears no relation to my OP or the documantary.

Actually, President Roosevelt and the ruling libs were all antisemites.

But the people of this country weren't, and that's why FDR had to wage war against the Germans even though he didn't want to. The American people weren't going to put up with the Holocaust on their watch.

lol rubbish. He was part Jewish himself, and his closest advisor was Jewish. You know shit about American history.

Perhaps you need to watch the doc and then comment. You create an huyterical straw man to claim victimhood. It bears no relation to my OP or the documantary.
No, we all clearly see you once again trying to demonize the US, despite the fact that we saved all of Europe. I know you arent grateful for our help. For the record, we will do it again if Europe is threatened again.

I know that we get these things some time after you but I havent seen a review of this on here.

I watched part one last night and it was a sobering look at the awful treatment of European Jews in the run up to the war.

It is done from an American pespective but I didnt see any nation emerging with credit from this.

Uncomfortable truths as well. How Polish anti semites were in lockstep with the nazis. How Hitler was inspired by Americaan policies.Genocide and racism being the chief of these.

I think the most depressing part for me is that we dont seem to have learned anything from this. The information is all out there but people are still dehumanised. There is still a fear of the "other". Crude propaganda tactics are still used by the haters. Life is still cheap.

Uncomfortable viewing but essential I think. The many Hitler fans on this site will be offended but that is no bad thing.

Nb Just as a counterpoint to any percieved US bashing. Sir Nicholas Winton was a british civil servant who organised the escape of jewish children from Prague after the nazis invaded.

He was a genuine hero of the war and his Kinder transport brought children to safety in Britain Under current UK tory legislation he would be arrested and charged with people smuggling. Thinngs get worse not better.
The only Hitler fans I know of are you and a few of your ilk buddies here.

No, we all clearly see you once again trying to demonize the US, despite the fact that we saved all of Europe. I know you arent grateful for our help. For the record, we will do it again if Europe is threatened again.
Saving Europe was the work of many countries. Its crass to claim otherwise.
Why are you so sensitive about a doc that you have not even seen.

^^^This. that's the only reason they're coming now. They aren't refugees, they're just criminal illegal aliens. That's all most of them came for in the past, for that matter. Their offspring are the ones who became patriots.
As I stated, the fact that we havent evolved since then is the most depressing aspect of the doc.

This is one of those idiotic 'issues' left wingers and their pet faggots bring up all the time, along with their idiotic sniveling about how we stole it all from the natives n stuff in other threads. They're too stupid and fashion addicted to see the cognitive dissonances in their own propaganda, and I seriously doubt they realize why these two idiotic claims are contradictory in their virtue signaling.
And here come the MAGAt sexual fantasies into a thread.

The genocide of native americans inspired Hitler. The jim crow race laws inspired Hitler.

Hitler admired the nasty savages. lol he loved how they tortured their captives for fun, and got the whole family involved.

The image of the “noble savage” embodied by Sioux warriors was embedded in Nazi cultural studies — they admired their “warrior” culture, and Hitler’s fascination with the Western novels of Karl May was well known. The Nazis even declared the Sioux to be Aryan — thus American Indians were acceptable in the Nazi’s tent. The Bund touted its connections with Native Americans, noting the swastika was an ancient native symbol, and running editorials in their publications claiming a role as “wards” of the American Indians to protect them from “anti-Christian Communism.”

The Germans were interested in exploiting the plight of indigenous peoples in North and South America, hoping to incite an uprising by the “hemispheric Indian,” creating allies and instability in their search for world conquest. They sent anthropologists, students and filmmakers to document the conditions of U.S. Indian reservations, and used the brutal treatment of Indians to undermine American arguments for the moral superiority of democracy.

A messenger like Towner had both propaganda and political value.

One of the Bund’s sponsored spokesmen was a Cherokee named Thomas Dixon who traveled giving lectures as “Chief New Moon.” Towner’s Chief Red Cloud undoubtedly reminded others of a chief of the same name, the famed Oglala Sioux leader. Both Red Cloud and New Moon adopted personas designed to appeal to white audiences. Many of the Portland Bund meetings were held at Red Men's Hall, home of a fraternal organization for whites that appropriated Native American culture.

Towner was effusive about a spiritual connection he felt with the Nazi leader. An account of a meeting in a Portland “beer hall” in 1939 recorded Towner saying “Adolf Hitler is imbued with the spirit of the great Indian prophet and … is establishing an ‘American Indian form of government in Germany.’” He noted that “the Indians… have studied Hitler… (and) found him to be ‘Kulopus,’ (a wise leader, great, strong and courageous).” Towner proposed to lead an American Indian delegation to Germany to present the Fuhrer with a war bonnet.

FDR hated Hitler but was held back by an anti semitic frrling in the US.Its in the doc and Mr Burns is someone I trust.

Ok but the unclean american masses probably weren't the ones holding FDR back. When I was little, the anti-Jewish sentiments I heard we more along the lines of "The Jews killed Jesus" but redneck folks even then weren't the types who had FDR's ears. FDR simply did not like Jews. When he was on the Harvard board, he put in place a cap in Jewish students. He supported professions limiting the number of Jews among their ranks so they couldn't dominate any particular field. Even before the war, he found ways to keep Jews out by doing things like refusing to recognize Jewish marriage certificates thereby keeping them from being able to immigrate from Germany where the Nazi Party wouldn't ratify those marriages. He wanted to spread Jewish immigrants that did get in so thin that they basically would have to assimilate to not being able to live and practice their faith due to lack of other Jews in their communities. His plan for Jews after the war was similar in that he wanted them to be spread so thin across the globe that nobody noticed them and they would be forced to assimilate into whatever the dominant religion/culture in those places.

Saving Europe was the work of many countries. Its crass to claim otherwise.
Why are you so sensitive about a doc that you have not even seen.
Without the US, you were doomed. Dont worry, we will save you again when another one of your murderous leaders goes crazy.

Ok but the unclean american masses probably weren't the ones holding FDR back. When I was little, the anti-Jewish sentiments I heard we more along the lines of "The Jews killed Jesus" but redneck folks even then weren't the types who had FDR's ears. FDR simply did not like Jews. When he was on the Harvard board, he put in place a cap in Jewish students. He supported professions limiting the number of Jews among their ranks so they couldn't dominate any particular field. Even before the war, he found ways to keep Jews out by doing things like refusing to recognize Jewish marriage certificates thereby keeping them from being able to immigrate from Germany where the Nazi Party wouldn't ratify those marriages. He wanted to spread Jewish immigrants that did get in so thin that they basically would have to assimilate to not being able to live and practice their faith due to lack of other Jews in their communities. His plan for Jews after the war was similar in that he wanted them to be spread so thin across the globe that nobody noticed them and they would be forced to assimilate into whatever the dominant religion/culture in those places.
But he also welcomed them into his government.

Hitler admired the nasty savages. lol he loved how they tortured their captives for fun, and got the whole family involved.

The image of the “noble savage” embodied by Sioux warriors was embedded in Nazi cultural studies — they admired their “warrior” culture, and Hitler’s fascination with the Western novels of Karl May was well known. The Nazis even declared the Sioux to be Aryan — thus American Indians were acceptable in the Nazi’s tent. The Bund touted its connections with Native Americans, noting the swastika was an ancient native symbol, and running editorials in their publications claiming a role as “wards” of the American Indians to protect them from “anti-Christian Communism.”

The Germans were interested in exploiting the plight of indigenous peoples in North and South America, hoping to incite an uprising by the “hemispheric Indian,” creating allies and instability in their search for world conquest. They sent anthropologists, students and filmmakers to document the conditions of U.S. Indian reservations, and used the brutal treatment of Indians to undermine American arguments for the moral superiority of democracy.

A messenger like Towner had both propaganda and political value.

One of the Bund’s sponsored spokesmen was a Cherokee named Thomas Dixon who traveled giving lectures as “Chief New Moon.” Towner’s Chief Red Cloud undoubtedly reminded others of a chief of the same name, the famed Oglala Sioux leader. Both Red Cloud and New Moon adopted personas designed to appeal to white audiences. Many of the Portland Bund meetings were held at Red Men's Hall, home of a fraternal organization for whites that appropriated Native American culture.

Towner was effusive about a spiritual connection he felt with the Nazi leader. An account of a meeting in a Portland “beer hall” in 1939 recorded Towner saying “Adolf Hitler is imbued with the spirit of the great Indian prophet and … is establishing an ‘American Indian form of government in Germany.’” He noted that “the Indians… have studied Hitler… (and) found him to be ‘Kulopus,’ (a wise leader, great, strong and courageous).” Towner proposed to lead an American Indian delegation to Germany to present the Fuhrer with a war bonnet.

Hiitler admired the way that the US exterminated the indians and stole their land. Lessons he utilised when he started Invading Europe.

He was also a big fan of the anti mixed race marriage legislation.He copied those laws into german law.

He was also a huge fan of thec expulsion of mexicans that happened in the 30s. He learned a lot about racism from the US.

Hiitler admired the way that the US exterminated the indians and stole their land. Lessons he utilised when he started Invading Europe.

He was also a big fan of the anti mixed race marriage legislation.He copied those laws into german law.

He was also a huge fan of thec expulsion of mexicans that happened in the 30s. He learned a lot about racism from the US.
Kook

Forum List

Back