Unsealed Trump Search Warrant - Trump had classified Documents

For the record Lisa, you are not required to provide any content with a video, link or picture unless it’s the opening post of a thread. Zinc did not make mistake.

That may not true. This is uncharted legal territory because no president up to now has been so cavalier with the process or with our national security. Trump’s vindictiveness is overriding OUR national security.

To declassify a document the president is supposed to follow a process can declassify that leaves a paper trail ending in changing the classification marks. You know how the fed bureaucracy is…everything in triplicate with a zillion sign offs and an entire forest decimated for paper.

In addition certain documents CANNOT be declassified by the president alone, like nuclear secrets.

Consider the levels of classification and what was found in Mara Lago: What to know about government classification of secrets

Top Secret
This is the highest level of classification. Information is classified as Top Secret if it "reasonably could be expected to cause exceptionally grave damage to the national security," according to a 2009 executive order that describes the classification system.
A subset of Top Secret documents known as SCI, or sensitive compartmentedinformation, is reserved for certain information derived from intelligence sources. Access to an SCI document can be even further restricted to a smaller group of people with specific security clearances.
Some of the materials recovered from Trump's Florida home were marked as Top Secret SCI.

What was he doing with boxes of unsecured TS and and SCI documents for heavens sakes? I can’t why rightists, who have always prioritized national security suddenly don’t.

It is unlikely this will result in criminal charges, for one, it is again uncharted legal territory regarding a former president, and for another, the main reason for the raid seems to be getting those documents back.

Trump is again demonstrating what happens when a system that has long depended on the integrity and lawfulness it’s users to function confronts a person who has neither, and uncovers horrible lack of guardrails.

Also consider this. In Trumps end of term frenzy of attempted declassification, he wanted no redactions which means the identities of confidential informants, spies etc would be revealed. Can you imagine how damaging that would be?

I think the low here is in what Trump had in his possession and tbe yet to be reason’s for it.​
Nothing you claim has been proven. There isn't even evidence that any of the documents are classified. even if they are marked as classified, that doesn't mean they haven't been declassified.

As usual, the Dims are making all manner of assumptions that aren't supported by any facts.

I will start the bidding. Thirty days. By making the raid he has to be charged with something or the AG resign.
I don’t think he will be just based on what we currently know. I think the priority was to get the documents.

What was he doing with boxes of unsecured TS and and SCI documents for heavens sakes? I can’t why rightists, who have always prioritized national security suddenly don’t.

I never worked a Top Secret program but worked with people who did.

When they were no longer working that program, their Top Secret Clearance was revoked.

Why would an Ex President with a grudge against the Government be allowed to maintain Top Secret Documents?

Nothing you claim has been proven. There isn't even evidence that any of the documents are classified. even if they are marked as classified, that doesn't mean they haven't been declassified.

As usual, the Dims are making all manner of assumptions that aren't supported by any facts.
At a minimum, under the Presidential records act, he is not supposed to have those documents. That can be proven.

In regards to declassification, the last step is changing the markers, and that had not been done.

Doesn’t it bother you that TS/SCI documents could have been unilaterally “declassified” in a fit of peak like that?

Read this slowly.

IT DOESN’T MATTER if they were classified or not.

As per the PRA and the various statues named in the warrant he did not have the right to HAVE them on his possession

At a minimum, under the Presidential records act, he is not supposed to have those documents. That can be proven.

In regards to declassification, the last step is changing the markers, and that had not been done.

Doesn’t it bother you that TS/SCI documents could have been unilaterally “declassified” in a fit of peak like that?
Another quick question.... where is the evidence that in fact ANY TS or Skiff or defense material was there?

I never worked a Top Secret program but worked with people who did.

When they were no longer working that program, their Top Secret Clearance was revoked.

Why would an Ex President with a grudge against the Government be allowed to maintain Top Secret Documents?
Good point.

Actually, one of the acceptable protocols at the time was wiping the phones and then smashing them. So no, that doesn’t bother me. Clinton was careless with security, we held numerous hearings and deposed her. She testified under oath. Why aren’t you demanding Trump go through the same process?
Because he’s a Republican – but you knew that already.

Literally instructing your staff to take actual hammers and smash their cell phones is pretty serious also.
Knowingly sending your computers/servers to a company without security clearance to wipe data to prevent discovery is also serious.
I guess that didn't upset you though.
This fails as a red herring fallacy – a failed, dishonest attempt to deflect.

The thread is about Trump’s criminality.

There is legal standing of “spoiled fruit from the tree”
It roughly means that when you go on a witch hunt with no evidence and just “tips” or supposition and you barge into private property, if you actually do discover something incriminating it is inadmissible due to the method of discovery

You couldn't be more wrong.

If a neighbor swears under penalty of perjury that they witnessed you smoking or possessing pot (or any other illegal object, such a felon with a firearm), and a warrant is issued to gather evidence of that crime.

A) No evidence is found - Anything taken due to the warrant is an illegal search. The person swearing the affidavit can be prosecuted for perjury. (see the police in the Breanna Taylor case as an example)

B) They find what was in the warrant. The warrant is 100% valid, and any materials taken, including not in the warrant but in plain sight, are legal evidence.
Your neighbor cannot report to the police that they smelled pot and at a later date the police storm the home.
Your neighbor is probably able to call the police and if the police come immediately and smell the pot then they may take action.
The second is vastly different that the first and the first is how commie nations operate which is what your commie ass desires.

Forum List

Back