Unexpected Results of Overturning Rowe V Wade

Nope, but it sure the fuck isn’t two men either. Send that back to the states as well. You won’t even have homo marriage in CA.
So marriage is not just about fucking, but gay marriage is? How FUCKING stupid are you anyway?

Do you have any understanding of the concepts of due process and equal protection under the law? Are you really that contemptuous of the constitution?

So marriage is not just about fucking, but gay marriage is? How FUCKING stupid are you anyway?

Do you have any understanding of the concepts of due process and equal protection under the law? Are you really that contemptuous of the constitution?
He doesn't even know. He's just a frustrated, angry little failure who picks out easy targets to attack to make himself feel better.

Most people, including us liberals do not approve of late term abortions in most cases.

The compromise that most anti abortion people refuse to make is, if we seriously restrict or outlaw abortion, lets support social safety net programs like health care, nutritional programs, paid family leave and affordable day care to name just a few. Those who do not support those things are not pro life. They are full of shit
This is exactly my thought on the subject. I voted Democrat and thought I was a pretty liberal dude but the Democrats are way more liberal than I ever could have imagined. I vote Republican now but I try to use common sense, I don't like them either.

No you weren't, you insufferable little twat. We had to take it from you bigoted religious dumbfucks via a scotus ruling. Pick up a book once in a while, your brains have turned to sewage.
Apparently you aren’t very convinced that ruling is based on anything solid.

And yes, we told you to STFU, go away and live your pathetic lives a long time ago. You wouldn’t do that.

Changes in sexual mores over that last century has made marriage, unnecessary for sexual relationships. Like heterosexuals, many lesbian, gay and bisexual people want to form stable, long-lasting relationships based on love or companionship. Sexual relations is no longer the major reason for marriage.

Changes in sexual mores over that last century has made marriage, unnecessary for sexual relationships. Like heterosexuals, many lesbian, gay and bisexual people want to form stable, long-lasting relationships based on love or companionship. Sexual relations is no longer the major reason for marriage.
I know that but certain others don't seem to

. . . . Sexual relations is no longer the major reason for marriage.
Children and family is the major reason for marriage among the truly faithful in the Abrahamic religions, which accounts for a third of the world. You presume too much.

Families based on the marriage between a man and a woman, committed to each other, and to the care of the children that they jointly produce, has always been, and will always be, the foundation of every stable human society.

No society has ever existed of any size, for very long, that deviated very far from this model; and none ever will.

To discard this foundation is to set into motion the ultimate collapse of any society.

Children and family is the major reason for marriage among the truly faithful in the Abrahamic religions, which accounts for a third of the world. You presume too much.

Not just among the Abrahamic religions.

Look at any society, of any size, that has existed for any significant amount of time, regardless of what religions may or may not be popular or influential in that society, and you will see the same thing. At the very foundation of the society, will be families, composed of a man and a woman who have committed to a lifelong relationship, and who bear join responsibility for the children that they produce.

When discussing the overturning of Rowe V Wade, all discussions focused on abortion. However there are going to be some unexpected results other allowing states to control abortion.

Reading the draft opinion, the underpinnings for the decision is no constitutional basis for Rowe therefore it is a state not a federal issue. The draft went into details explaining why there was no implied right to abortion and thus the 4th and 16th amendment were not applicable. With this majority opinion it becomes clear that there is more going on than just giving states control over abortion.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, this ruling undermines a number of other federal rulings for example the states right to forbid interracial marriage as well as gay marriages. It also weakens the case for federal laws managing healthcare such as HIPPA and Obamacare, federal aid to education, etc. It is a huge victory for state rights with the potential to totally upend the America we know.

Another result of the ruling is political. Will support for antiabortion in the Republican party be as strong after Rowe is overturned as before? I think not. Support for antiabortion in the Republican Party comes from the religious right and the anti-big government crowd who strongly favor states rights. When Rowe is law of the land, these two groups were united in the desire abolish federal protection for abortion. With state control of abortion there is going to be less enthusiasm for antiabortion within the party. Over the last 20 years, 30% of the party has become a member on a non-Christian religion or none at all. The second reason I think that support is going to drop is that the big national battle is over. Although there will be fighting in most states, in some states it will just be a non-issue.

Before the court draft came out, I was reading articles about republicans getting full control of government in 2024 and passing anti-abortion legislation that would make abortion illegal in the US. It seems that the court deciding that abortion is a state issue has shot that down removing any hope of a united country on this issue.

Don't worry, you'll always be able to kill babies in Washington. :thup:

Families based on the marriage between a man and a woman, committed to each other, and to the care of the children that they jointly produce, has always been, and will always be, the foundation of every stable human society.

No society has ever existed of any size, for very long, that deviated very far from this model; and none ever will.

To discard this foundation is to set into motion the ultimate collapse of any society.
Ok, thanks for the advice, now mind your business.

99% of what is in the constitution is exactly as it should be. it is what is missing that is causing the problems. All constitutions require interpretation but since our constitution is long on powers, short on rights, and very difficult to change it has to be liberally interpreted. The founders were so concerned about limiting power of government that all our rights were an after thought. The Supreme Court which is on equal footing with Congress and Executive branch is not even mentioned in the constitution.
Art 3 of the US Constitution created the court dumbass

Forum List

Back