Unexpected Results of Overturning Rowe V Wade

You are entitled to that belief. I wouldn't try to talk you out of it. If it makes you happy, I am happy for you.

I'll tell you what…

If I happen to come across you in the course of being violently assaulted, by someone who obviously intends to kill you, I will mind my own business, and do nothing to intervene. Who am I, after all, to impose my own personal beliefs on your assailant, by denying him his right to make his own choice to kill you?

We both know why you recoil: Because you actually aren't all that proud of it, because you know "'cuz i think mah god says so" is not a good argument for law and policy, in the year 2021.

Show me where I have ever posted anything to the effect that my opposition to the murder of unborn children is based on “cuz i think mah god says so”.

I am opposed to every taking of every human life, except under extreme circumstances which necessitate or justify it.

I see no rational cause to treat abortion as any kind of exception.

A human being is a human being; and murder is murder.

I'll tell you what…

If I happen to come across you in the course of being violently assaulted, by someone who obviously intends to kill you, I will mind my own business, and do nothing to intervene. Who am I, after all, to impose my own personal beliefs on your assailant, by denying him his right to make his own choice to kill you?
And the dog and pony show continues....

We are talking about policy and law. Neither requires you to intervene. So thanks for contributing less than nothing except to further highlight and strengthen my points about personal belief vs. Law of the land.

What meaning can there be in holding a value that asserts that a behavior is wrong, on the basis that it unjustly harms another human being, if you are willing to allow that other human being to be unjustly harmed, in the name of some abstract concept of moral relativism.

Congratulations. Now that take same assertion, and apply it to the harm done to millions of human beings we called "slaves". What you say now about human beings, has to be the same as what applied to human beings when the constitution was written. And it's obvious that the constitution denied even the right to exist to human beings before they became citizens by birth.

Congratulations. Now that take same assertion, and apply it to the harm done to millions of human beings we called "slaves". What you say now about human beings, has to be the same as what applied to human beings when the constitution was written. And it's obvious that the constitution denied even the right to exist to human beings before they became citizens by birth.

Are you expecting me to defend slavery, or to say that we were right to allow it in the first place, and wrong to abolish it?

Abortion is a modern counterpart to slavery. It is the same inasmuch as we allowed a subset of human beings to be denied their very humanity, in order to excuse horrific abuses thereof.

We were wrong to allow slavery, just as we are now equally wrong to allow abortion.

Abortion is nothing less than the unjustifiable cold-blooded killing of an innocent and defenseless human being. That is a hard, undeniable fact. Whatever lies you try to tell, whatever lies you try to convince yourself to believe, in order to deny the humanity of the victim of this savage act, or what is being done to that victim; cannot change the clear, underlying truth, that what is happening in an abortion is that an innocent and defenseless human being is being killed, in the complete absence of any of the extreme circumstances under which the taking of a human life is ever otherwise considered acceptable.
Once more, your position goes against the reality that the founding fathers wrote into the constitution where human beings (called slaves) could be killed at will by their owners. And had no protections under the constitution. Now you want to give a fetus, that has the potential to grow into a human being greater rights than the constitution gave to fully mature actual human beings.

Abortion is a modern counterpart to slavery. It is the same inasmuch as we allowed a subset of human beings to be denied their very humanity, in order to excuse horrific abuses thereof.
The constitution clearly establishes that the rights of some human beings are dominant to other human beings. And only granted them equality "upon birth", and not before.

Show me where I have ever posted anything to the effect that my opposition to the murder of unborn children is based on “cuz i think mah god says so”.
This isn’t the issue; you’re at liberty to believe human life begins at conception or before if you want – you’re not at liberty, however, to foist your subjective beliefs on others through force of law.

The issue is that it is neither the role nor responsibility of government to interfere with citizens’ private lives or dictate to citizens when life begins.

The issue is that ‘banning’ abortion is unwarranted government excess and overreach at the expense of individual liberty.

If you oppose abortion then seek out a solution that doesn’t violate the rights and protected liberties of the people.

What meaning can there be in holding a value that asserts that a behavior is wrong, on the basis that it unjustly harms another human being, if you are willing to allow that other human being to be unjustly harmed, in the name of some abstract concept of moral relativism.

Abortion is nothing less than the unjustifiable cold-blooded killing of an innocent and defenseless human being. That is a hard, undeniable fact. Whatever lies you try to tell, whatever lies you try to convince yourself to believe, in order to deny the humanity of the victim of this savage act, or what is being done to that victim; cannot change the clear, underlying truth, that what is happening in an abortion is that an innocent and defenseless human being is being killed, in the complete absence of any of the extreme circumstances under which the taking of a human life is ever otherwise considered acceptable.

There is no virtue in allowing such a murder to take place, on the basis of affording the murderer the right to make her own choice.

That's bullshit, of course. Complete bullshit.

If opposition to abortion is a religious belief, then so is opposition to every other form of murder as well.

Why do right wingers love the unborn so much but hate childen? They won't be willing to lift a finger to save any of these children once they draw their first breath. Innocent, defenseless. You could say that about the children who were slaughtered this week. It's too inconvenient to give up their guns.
I'll tell you what…

You're using a false analogy. You're NOT coming across anything of the kind. You're interfering with the right of a woman to determine her own life. And it's both wrong headed, it's irresponsible. This is just another case of rich white men controlling the lives of poor women, and thinking they know best.

In Canada, we have free abortion on demand and our abortion rate is half that of the USA. That's because we have government paid mandated maternity leave and job protections for pregnant women. We have universal health care with no copays. We have a child tax benefit of $500 per month for poor families, and subsidized day care and after school programs.

Women CHOOSE to have their babies because they can take time off work and not be fired for being pregnant. American women have no job security, no supports, no mandated health insurance, and are on their own once they're pregnant.

The USA has the highest rate of abortion in the first world because YOU have chosen not to support women having babies, in any way.

You're interfering with the right of a woman to determine her own life.

If abortion was about “the right of a woman to determine her own life”, then she would be the one to die from an abortion, and not her innocent child.

And in any event, as long as you defend the savage practice of abortion, you have no credibility whatsoever in expressing any concern over the lives or well-being of children.

Jesus, what a wall of text. Are you seriously saying letting abortions go to the states and somehow gay marriage may suffer the same fate? So what of it does? It’s not a marriage, it’s two mental cases fucking each other in the ass.
So to you marriage is just about fucking ? And fucking does not require marriage ( unless they also overturn Lawrence v Texas) So what the fuck are you blathering about?

Nope, but it sure the fuck isn’t two men either. Send that back to the states as well. You won’t even have homo marriage in CA.
- U.S. support for legal same-sex marriage continues to trend upward, now at 70% -- a new high in Gallup's trend since 1996. This latest figure marks an increase of 10 percentage points since 2015, when the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that all states must recognize same-sex marriages. in 2021, 55% of republicans support gay marriage. The latest increase in support among all Americans is driven largely by changes in Republicans' views. Approval of independents is 73% and 83% amoung democrats. The support for gay marriage has increased in every state. Since 2015, there have been nearly a million gay marriages. This number is expected to boule over the next 8 years.

1653866266304.png

It seems likely that almost every states would recognize gay marriage if the federal ban was lifted.

Then don't suck cock and marry a man. Mind your fucking business.
Too late for that. We were willing to give you freaks the ability to live and shut up about it. But fuck no. You assholes had to be in everyone’s face. Call me by my pronouns or lose your job, I’ll teach 5 year olds about gay and trans shit all I want and fuck you. You cocksuckers wouldn’t even leave a fucking cake maker alone. You even threaten comedians over jokes.

Nope, you wanted this shit to be my business so now it is.

- U.S. support for legal same-sex marriage continues to trend upward, now at 70% -- a new high in Gallup's trend since 1996. This latest figure marks an increase of 10 percentage points since 2015, when the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that all states must recognize same-sex marriages. in 2021, 55% of republicans support gay marriage. The latest increase in support among all Americans is driven largely by changes in Republicans' views. Approval of independents is 73% and 83% amoung democrats. The support for gay marriage has increased in every state. Since 2015, there have been nearly a million gay marriages. This number is expected to boule over the next 8 years.

View attachment 651572

It seems likely that almost every states would recognize gay marriage if the federal ban was lifted.
Now close the voting booth curtains. That number will drop to a third.

Forum List

Back