UN official 'talking out of her hat'

bianco

VIP Member
Aug 23, 2013
Sydney, Australia
UN official 'talking out of her hat' on bushfires and climate change, says Tony Abbott

UN official 'talking out of her hat' on bushfires and climate change, says Tony Abbott

Prime Minister Tony Abbott has dismissed the comments of a senior UN official who said there was a clear link between bushfires and climate change, arguing ''fire is a part of the Australian experience''.

In an interview with CNN, the head of the UN's climate change negotiations, Christiana Figueres, said on Monday that there was a clear link between climate change and bushfires such as those raging in New South Wales.

Ms Figueres also warned that the Coalition government would pay a high political and financial price for its decision to scrap carbon pricing.

The Coalition Conservative govt was elected to get rid of the stupid carbon tax!
It will pay a high political price if if doesn't.

For Ms Figueres' benefit;

The iconic poem, 'My Country' written in 1904, 3 years after Australia became a nation.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n7XdGgrVEM]My Country by Dorothea Mackellar - Picture Commentary - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Lightning strikes start bush/forest fires;

Lightning strikes cause fire outbreaks - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Lightning strikes cause fire outbreaks

Water bombing and fire spotter aircraft are being used to control a fire burning near Mitchell in Queensland's south west.

The Queensland Fire and Rescue Service (QFRS) says crews are currently battling 26 blazes across the region.

Many of the fires have been sparked by lightning strikes.

#####

As far as I know lightning strikes are not a new invention.

Forum List

Back