U.S. Justice Department sues to allow puberty blockers, castration, and mastectomies for children.

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
Alabama lawmakers passed SB 184 this month. It makes it a felony for anyone “to engage in or cause” so-called gender-affirming medical treatments for transgender people 18 or younger, including what are colloquially known as puberty blockers.

Offenders including medical professionals and parents could get up to 10 years in prison and $15,000 in fines.

The US justice department argues that the law is unconstitutional because non-transgender minors can legally access the same or similar procedures, meaning only transgender children are barred.

“SB 184 would force parents of transgender minors, medical professionals, and others to choose between forgoing medically necessary procedures and treatments or … criminal prosecution,” the justice department contended.

“SB 184 violates the equal protection clause by discriminating on the basis of sex and transgender status.”

Democrats, this is NOT a winning issue for you. Unless your goal is to go back to being the minority party, you should really have whoever is in charge of Merrick Garland put a stop to this.

Looks like the culture wars are the hill these freaks want to die on. So be it.

I told everyone that the dems were going to double down on stupid just out of spite.
That must be it. Their worst absurdities have been thwarted by two members of their own party, so they can't push through their radical agenda. So, they do crap like that, which will ensure that they do not have a majority next year.

Whoever is fighting it should be executed in the public square. There is no reason a child or their parents to make a lifelong decision that cannot be reversed. Wait till they turn 18.

That must be it. Their worst absurdities have been thwarted by two members of their own party, so they can't push through their radical agenda. So, they do crap like that, which will ensure that they do not have a majority next year.
I doubt if they see a majority again for a generation.....And to think, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride as far as real inflation/interest rates is really just beginning.

After Friday's 940 point sell-off I said that Monday might be "bargain day" but perhaps I spoke too soon, indications are that the drop is not near over yet.

Forum List

Back