Trump’s Trade War Failed

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Why? Because China bought exactly $0 of extra goods instead of the $200 billion Trump sought.

But those who understand trade aren’t surprised.

Two years ago, President Donald Trump signed what he called a "historical trade deal" with China that committed China to purchase $200 billion of additional US exports before December 31, 2021. Today the only undisputed "historical" aspect of that agreement is its failure. One lesson is not to make deals that cannot be fulfilled when unforeseen events inevitably occur—in this case, a pandemic and a recession. Another is not to forget the complementary policies needed to give an agreement a chance to succeed.​

In the end, China bought only 57 percent of the US exports it had committed to purchase under the agreement, not even enough to reach its import levels from before the trade war.[1] Put differently, China bought none of the additional $200 billion of exports Trump's deal had promised.​

Trump was great at creating a charade and having his sheep fall for the charade. Trump’s whole China policy was a disaster. He made big pronouncements and did little. When Trump did do something, he undermined his efforts by taking his eye off the ball. What kind of idiocy was it to start a trade war with China then at the same time start a trade war with our allies as well. Trump’s presidency was a failure through and through.

Trade deal was poorly thought out like all his actions. US needed trade partners to go with them, not do it alone.

Trump is a shitty businessman. If he would have invested his Daddy’s money on the S&P 500 he’d be a Half Billion richer.

Why? Because China bought exactly $0 of extra goods instead of the $200 billion Trump sought.

You don't know jack shit about trade, dumbass.

Our #1 export to China was trash. China stopped taking foreign trash.

Another big one was soybeans. However, swine fever killed off most of China's pigs. Therefore they didn't need all that animal fodder.

You're an ignorant idiot.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why this forum continues to need these obvious Marxist trash threads and posts?

What good is it doing America? They alrady have a monopoly on the media. Not enough?
I suppose it gives conservatives here something to do.

Two years ago, President Donald Trump signed what he called a "historical trade deal" with China that committed China to purchase $200 billion of additional US exports before December 31, 2021. Today the only undisputed "historical" aspect of that agreement is its failure. One lesson is not to make deals that cannot be fulfilled when unforeseen events inevitably occur—in this case, a pandemic and a recession. Another is not to forget the complementary policies needed to give an agreement a chance to succeed.​

In the end, China bought only 57 percent of the US exports it had committed to purchase under the agreement, not even enough to reach its import levels from before the trade war.[1] Put differently, China bought none of the additional $200 billion of exports Trump's deal had promised.​

Do you recall what we were supposed to be exporting to them?

I imagine it was agricultural products

Cool let's agree his trade deals failed as long as we use the same standard on the green new deal. You guys get 2 years to roll things out. I think going by this standard we can all agree electric cars are a fail, along with solar panels and wind turbines. While were at it less do the same with all things COVID...

You don't know jack shit about trade, dumbass.

Our #1 export to China was trash. China stopped taking foreign trash.

Another big one was soybeans. However, swine fever killed off most of China's pigs. Therefore they didn't need all that animal fodder.

You're an ignorant idiot.
Didnt they just get the soybeans from Argentina, which wrecked US exporters.
I have shares in a UK company called Genus which have doubled on extra trade with Chinese Pork Markets.
You are misinformed.

Didnt they just get the soybeans from Argentina, which wrecked US exporters.
I have shares in a UK company called Genus which have doubled on extra trade with Chinese Pork Markets.
You are misinformed.
Bullshit. I've studied this. You're just an idiot.

British livestock genetics firm Genus Plc GNS.L reported better-than-expected annual earnings on Tuesday, helped by a surge in demand from China's pig farmers who are rebuilding a herd devastated by disease.

The disease they are talking about is African Swine Fever. As I mentioned before, it killed most of the pigs in China, which is why they didn't need all that soybean animal fodder. Their swine herd was absolutely devastated.

Last edited:
Bullshit. I've studied this.

Most likely they are trading pork contaminated with African swine fever. We busted them trying to smuggle tons of that into New Jersey. They're trying to get rid of all those pigs that died from African swine fever.

Sounds to me like that company is doing some nefarious shit. They are spreading the disease. It's a hemorrhagic fever. It's like ebola for pigs
If you say so..................

Forum List

Back