Trumps Tarriffs are causing him grief with promoting freedom and democracy

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
China and Hong Kong are on the verge of descending into madness.
It is CRYSTAL CLEAR to me which side we should be backing but because Trump is in the midst of trade negotiations he is seemingly incapable of promoting democracy without crashing his negotiations.
For the first time in his presidency he has been tripped up by his own hurdle.
I can not get behind calling the leader of China a great man as he amasses military equipment and personnel to oppose people who are demanding freedom.
Those very people are flying the American flag, singing our anthem and carrying signs demanding 2nd amendment rights....

Hong Kong protesters wave American flag, sing national anthem

This very situation is what we profess to deploy military assets around the globe for.

Will Trump ignore the opportunity like Obama did in Iran? Has his full court press for economic balance exceeded the American mantra of freedom for all? Is that necessarily a bad thing?

Thoughts?

China has the rights to Hong Kong, Britain signed them over. Hong Kong is part of China, its theirs, like it or not. If the rest of the world wants to join the US in opposing China's illegal business practices like currency manipulation, stealing intellectual property, subsidizing and dumping products, fentanyl production, etc. then that might get China's attention, but I doubt it.
Taiwan is a different story, they are an independent country that the US has said it will defend. Similarly the illegal islands that China is building in the South China Sea does not extend China's claim over the freedom of navigation. So the US has several potential battles with China, and doesn't need to add Hong Kong to the list. Maybe Hong Kong will enlighten China as to what a free market economy can do? It behooves China to use a light touch on Hong Kong or the world will unite to reduce China's prosperity.

China has the rights to Hong Kong, Britain signed them over. Hong Kong is part of China, its theirs, like it or not. If the rest of the world wants to join the US in opposing China's illegal business practices like currency manipulation, stealing intellectual property, subsidizing and dumping products, fentanyl production, etc. then that might get China's attention, but I doubt it.

Had Trump not declared war (as in trade war) with the rest of the world they probably would have joined us.

But alas he is driving the rest of the world to China’s side

Trump does not give a damn how authoritarian leaders treat their citizens.

You can’t get behind him calling the leader of China a “great man”….but you’re okay with him “falling in love” with the dictator of North Korea?

giphy.gif

Are we the world's cop? No we're not.
Russia went from democracy to Putin. China has Xi for life. Venezuela has Maduro. Iraq had Saddam, was it worth getting rid of him? Libya had Qaddafi, now look at it. Then there are all the African s-hole countries. Then there are the Saudis and the oil rich sheiks.
Where do you want to start? Tell me you'd send your kids there to fight for someone else's "freedom".

Had Trump not declared war (as in trade war) with the rest of the world they probably would have joined us.

Maybe you haven't noticed, but the rest of the world has been raping the US with unfair tariffs for decades.
Please provide a link that the world is on China's side. I call TDS bullshit.

Maybe you haven't noticed, but the rest of the world has been raping the US with unfair tariffs for decades.

Nope, I had not noticed.

I never thought of 122 straight months of economic expansion as being raped.

I never thought of 110 straight months of positive job growth as being raped.

I never thought of UE below 4% as being raped

I never thought of more open jobs than people to fill them as being raped.

I never thought of record setting financial markets as being raped.

You must have a fucked up sex life if you think those things equate to being raped.

Funny China's neighbors are all arming up

Russia went from democracy to Putin. China has Xi for life. Venezuela has Maduro. Iraq had Saddam, was it worth getting rid of him? Libya had Qaddafi, now look at it. Then there are all the African s-hole countries. Then there are the Saudis and the oil rich sheiks.
Where do you want to start? Tell me you'd send your kids there to fight for someone else's "freedom".
So you agree with me that Trump does not care about human rights? Why didn't you just hit the agree button and save all that typing.

China and Hong Kong are on the verge of descending into madness.
It is CRYSTAL CLEAR to me which side we should be backing but because Trump is in the midst of trade negotiations he is seemingly incapable of promoting democracy without crashing his negotiations.
For the first time in his presidency he has been tripped up by his own hurdle.
I can not get behind calling the leader of China a great man as he amasses military equipment and personnel to oppose people who are demanding freedom.
Those very people are flying the American flag, singing our anthem and carrying signs demanding 2nd amendment rights....

Hong Kong protesters wave American flag, sing national anthem

This very situation is what we profess to deploy military assets around the globe for.

Will Trump ignore the opportunity like Obama did in Iran? Has his full court press for economic balance exceeded the American mantra of freedom for all? Is that necessarily a bad thing?

Thoughts?
Situation is analagous to Poland during Reagan's terms and yes Trump should provide some leadership along those lines.

Nope, I had not noticed.
You must have a fucked up sex life if you think those things equate to being raped.
1. I asked for a link proving that the world was on China's side. You don't have one.
2. My point was that the trade deficit with other countries was due to their high tariffs, while the US had no tariffs on their goods, especially cars.
That's either being raped or being stupid, take your pick.

Why America Cannot Just Make Everything It Needs
  1. China - $660 billion traded with a $419 billion deficit.
  2. Canada - $617 billion traded with a $20 billion deficit.
  3. Mexico - $611 billion traded with an $81 billion deficit.
  4. Germany - $184 billion traded with a $68.2 billion deficit.
  5. Japan - $218 billion traded with a $67.6 billion deficit.

3. Your post regarding economic expansion ignores the manufacturing sector.
In case you forgot, "those manufacturing jobs are not coming back"

So you agree with me that Trump does not care about human rights? Why didn't you just hit the agree button and save all that typing.

1. Is there a difference between "not caring about human rights" and "not getting involved"?
2. Did Obama care about human rights when he did not act in Syria, i.e. enforce his "red line"?
3. You did not answer my question, "are we the world's cop?".
4. With all of the dictators in the world, would you go to war with everyone in the name of "human rights"? If not, why not, don't you care about human rights?

Nope, I had not noticed.
1. I asked for a link proving that the world was on China's side. You don't have one.
2. My point was that the trade deficit with other countries was due to their high tariffs, while the US had no tariffs on their goods, especially cars.
That's either being raped or being stupid, take your pick.

Why America Cannot Just Make Everything It Needs
  1. China - $660 billion traded with a $419 billion deficit.
  2. Canada - $617 billion traded with a $20 billion deficit.
  3. Mexico - $611 billion traded with an $81 billion deficit.
  4. Germany - $184 billion traded with a $68.2 billion deficit.
  5. Japan - $218 billion traded with a $67.6 billion deficit.

3. Your post regarding economic expansion ignores the manufacturing sector.
In case you forgot, "those manufacturing jobs are not coming back"

1. Wait and see....

2. We do have tariffs, our list of tariffs is 2000 pages long. There is nothing wrong with a trade deficit, you have been brainwashed into thinking trade deficits are bad, but that is simply not the case. You run trade deficits every day, with your grocery store, you gas station and the like.
The US could make everything we need, but why should we? We do not for the same reason you do not grow all your own food and make your own clothing.

3. So what? It is one sector. There is nothing inherently appealing to manufacturing jobs.

1. Is there a difference between "not caring about human rights" and "not getting involved"?
2. Did Obama care about human rights when he did not act in Syria, i.e. enforce his "red line"?
4. With all of the dictators in the world, would you go to war with everyone in the name of "human rights"? If not, why not, don't you care about human rights?
There's a lot to unpack there and I'm not really going to try. Right or wrong we were the world police since WW2. Trump has retreated from our self-appointed role as the beacon of freedom and democracy to the world in a big way and the world's authoritarians feel emboldened. This shift in the world's moral compass is already having consequences Trump cannot deal with effectively.

There's a lot to unpack there and I'm not really going to try. Right or wrong we were the world police since WW2. Trump has retreated from our self-appointed role as the beacon of freedom and democracy to the world in a big way and the world's authoritarians feel emboldened. This shift in the world's moral compass is already having consequences Trump cannot deal with effectively.

yadda, yadda, yadda, but would you have sent your kids to war to battle a dictator like Kim Jung Un, or any in Africa, or Saddam, or Maduro?
How did Trump retreat from being a beacon of freedom and democracy? He stepped up in Syria, that's more than BO did.
What consequences can't Trump deal with. Please debate with facts, not riddles.

yadda, yadda, yadda, but would you have sent your kids to war to battle a dictator like Kim Jung Un, or any in Africa, or Saddam, or Maduro?
How did Trump retreat from being a beacon of freedom and democracy? He stepped up in Syria, that's more than BO did.
What consequences can't Trump deal with. Please debate with facts, not riddles.
The founders did battle with the British empire and won in the name of freedom. If our leaders don't care about tyranny in other countries I have no expectation that they will care about our freedoms.I'm not saying we should go start wars everywhere but tyrants should never feel safe.

Trumps sole duty is to adhere to the US Constitution and work for the people of America...The US Constitution does not extend to Hong Kong or Mexico. What else can I teach you?

Nope, I had not noticed.

Real leaders think like real leaders do...they don’t try to get out of fucked situations and into kinda fucked situations....Why are you happy with kinda getting fucked?

Trumps sole duty is to adhere to the US Constitution and work for the people of America...The US Constitution does not extend to Hong Kong or Mexico. What else can I teach you?
Your fucking Emperor tells other countries what to do all the time, mostly our allies. He just does not seem to think the erosion of democracy world-wide is anything to complain about.

Forum List

Back