Trump to pressure governors to reopen schools

Given the lack of knowledge and understanding of history among other things we see from those leaving today’s public schools maybe keeping them shutdown is not such a bad thing.
Given the amazing knowledge and development of a great many students graduating public schools, clearly the problem chiefly lies with students and parenting. Coming from right wing households that have no respect for education or expertise surely cannot help.

What are you talking about? Left-wingers are the ones that have no respect for education. All you have to do is go to inner city schools, and see how terrible they are. Go read the research that shows blacks that out perform are bullied in school for it.

Meanwhile, you have idiots in liberal left-wing colleges, getting garbage degrees that are useless. Art History, music therapy, gender studies. You guys are getting "educated" in useless crap. That's not respect for education, or you would have education worth having. I know a lady right now who has a Ph.D in humanities that makes $30K a year, while her sister dropped out of college, got on the job training, and now makes a six-figure income in a bank.

By the way, both my parents were teachers and professors, and my mother has her masters, and my father has a Ph.D, and they are right-wing Christian conservatives.

So yeah, not really seeing your view that right wing people don't value education. We just don't value liberal-left-wing crap education.

I thought republicans cared about states rights? Not anymore! Trump wants it so now his supporters must insist it is a good idea.

Luckily, none of them are going to listen to this moron anyway.

Yeah, it's only most of the world getting kids back in school. But you don't care, because this is a political football you can use, and you hate educated kids anyway, that's why you support those public schools where kids come out dumber than they went in.

The rest of the world took tough action to beat the coronavirus. Trump has been fixated on re-election no matter how many people die. If he had been more of a leader then he wouldn't be in the position he is. Trying to protect the Confederacy.

But it didn't. Sweden never had a harsh economy crushing lock down. Neither did Japan.

In fact quite a few countries didn't.

Sweden had more deaths than any other European country on a per capita basis.

So, that's false. The only example I've seen where Sweden had a higher per capita death rate, was when they isolated a single week. If you use limited data, you can make statistic that say almost anything.

Let's look at the actual data from an over-all perspective.

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 6.48.51 PM.png

Sweden's death rate per case, is lower than Canada, Spain, Netherlands, Hungary, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom.

Lower than many places that had massive lock down, economy destroying, lives destroying, policies.

Lets look at per-capita deaths.

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 6.53.12 PM.png

So what we see is that Sweden has fewer per capita deaths than Italy, Spain, the UK, and Belgium, and not significantly more than Netherlands, Ireland, US and France.

So what have we learned? A country that had virtually no lock down, draconian rules, or economy wrecking, lives wrecking policies... is not the worst, or even close to the worst. In fact it is about... middle of the pack, right where all the other massive lock down countries are.

In short, you are wrong. Any questions?

My son is going into his senior year at a public school. Straight A's, going to get a track scholarship, earning copious college credit...he is basically writing his own ticket. He will go into his second year of college as a junior.

He informs me that the Trumpanzees his age that he knows are all poor students.

Good for your son. Unfortunately, if you look at the evidence, most people in left-wing public schools, can't even do 4th grade reading proficiently.

Wow, I am very surprised to see such vile hatred by the Democrats in this thread. The last time in History to see rioting, violence, hatred, and murder on this scale was when Democrat Robert Byrd was organizing for the KKK.

Sweden's death rate per case, is lower than Canada, Spain, Netherlands, Hungary, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom.
Which, of course, will increase, as deaths lag cases. It also depends on many factors, none of which are link to the preventive measures we are discussing. Why did you leave that out?

Literally every expert you can find is pointing at the bad outcome in sweden. But here you are, saying they are wrong. Oooookay.

My son is going into his senior year at a public school. Straight A's, going to get a track scholarship, earning copious college credit...he is basically writing his own ticket. He will go into his second year of college as a junior.

Good for your son. Unfortunately, if you look at the evidence, most people in left-wing public schools, can't even do 4th grade reading proficiently.
you will just make up anything to soothe yourself, won't you? No knowledge, no integrity, no ethics...you are the complete package.

you will just make up anything to soothe yourself, won't you? No knowledge, no integrity, no ethics...you are the complete package.

What are you even talking about?

Only 35 percent of fourth graders were proficient in reading in 2019

Barely 1 in 3 students at 4th grade, can read.... at a fourth grade level.

I'm not making anything up.

It is estimated that 67% of fourth-grade students do not read proficiently at their grade level. Only one-third of high school seniors are considered proficient readers, and only 4% of seniors reached the highest level of advanced proficiency in reading on a recent test.

Only 4%.... just four percent... of high school seniors read at the advanced level.

Only 1/3 are even considered proficient.

The rest can't even read at their own grade level.

What are you talking about? Do you know ANYTHING about this topic at all? Anything? This is so well known, and has been true for DECADES now... that I assumed someone who was even attempting to talk on this topic, knew something at all about the topic....

...but you are so ignorant that you didn't know this? This widely known truth that has been reality for decades, you didn't know?

Of course you are. You blamed liberalism. That makes you sound like a retard and one of these failed students that you are gleefully talking about. You are a grave dancer. Go peddle your nauseating self soothing to someone else.

Of course you are. You blamed liberalism. That makes you sound like a retard and one of these failed students that you are gleefully talking about. You are a grave dancer. Go peddle your nauseating self soothing to someone else.

Are you denying that liberals control the education system?

They support Democrats financially.

While there are slightly more Republicans among math and science teachers, among high school teachers overall, there are 87 Democrats for every 13 Republicans.

Given the fact they are overwhelmingly Democrat in support, and Democrat by vote.....

Yeah, I think it's fair to blame them for the current state of education.

Moreover, it is clear they don't want people to get the ability to have better education.

The teachers, and the teachers unions have routinely fought against any ability to allow people to put their kids in schools that do better.

And nearly all do better.

The ridiculous claims by left-wingers that charter and private schools do not do better than public schools, is one of the most hilarious claims ever, because if true... then you are saying that parents knowing their kids are getting a worse education, are still willing to pay for it?

Really?

Then back your position by allowing full and complete vouchers. When the parents figure out the charter schools and private schools are all much worse than the public schools, they'll move their kids back to public schools, and the charter and private schools will all close.

But you know it's not true, the teachers know it is not true, the Unions know it isn't true. That's why they have to fight to lock and enslave kids into their system, so they can't escape, because if they did escape, they would never come back to public schools.

I am denying that liberalism is causing them not to be able to read. Nor could you ever connect those dots, ever. You sound like a fucking idiot.

Just about anything having to do with academia is manned by majority liberals. Because they are generally smarter and more educated. Cutting edge scientific research that keeps you alive longer? Dominated by atheist liberals. New alloys, computer chips, energy tech, you name it... manned by atheist liberals. So go ahead, make the argument that liberalism is responsible for the outcomes. So we can all laugh at you.

I am denying that liberalism is causing them not to be able to read. Nor could you ever connect those dots, ever. You sound like a fucking idiot.

You keep acting like I care what you, an idiot, thinks I sound like. If I gave you the impression your opinion of me personally matters to me, I apologize for giving you that false sense of importance.

But liberalism is the cause. If you spend less time on black history month, and more time learning reading and math, you'll know more reading and math.

If you spend less time talking about how the White man is holding you down, and how evil corporations will prevent you from being successful, and spent more time learning what you need to know to succeed in life, you'll be more successful.

So yes, I think it is pretty clear that we have an education system, wrecked by left-wing ideology.

And we can see this with international rankings. Poland spends a fraction of what we do on education, and they consistently do better than us educationally.

Of course they don't have Democrats there, and I wager they are not wasting time on black history month either.

And honestly, if you want some specific direct proof of the connection between left-wingers and bad education... how about the fact these kids are getting diplmas when they are not proficient at reading or math or science, or anything else?

How are they getting out of high school, without have a 12th grade education level? Your people are in charge of the schools.

Someone had to pass that kid that can't read. Who did that? Right wingers? You think conservatives are invading the schools in June, handing out diplomas and running away, after the school has been dominated by left-wingers all year?

Of course not. Lefties are doing that. Who else would you blame?

But liberalism is the cause.
No, it isn't. And you say the same thing about everything. Your credibility is less than zero, and you would get laughed out of any serious crowd.

Except for all those clear documented facts I posted. So someone who has provided not even the smallest of evidence in support his position, is questioning the credibility of others that have provided tons of evidence.

As for being laughed at... any crowd that laughs at evidence, and sides with the ignorant that provide no evidence... isn't a crowd whose laughs I would care about. People that dumb, are not my concern.

I thought republicans cared about states rights? Not anymore! Trump wants it so now his supporters must insist it is a good idea.

Luckily, none of them are going to listen to this moron anyway.

Trump just proves daily that Bolton was honest for once in saying Trump's only guiding principle is reelection. But ironically, he may be turning Ariz blue and putting Tex actually in play. Americans tend to find the health and safety of children motivational
Why shouldn’t schools reopen?
Why should I even bother explaining this if you already know what I am going to say?

Of course I know what you were going to say. You are a predictable imbecile. Why don’t you try and educate yourself on the subject first.

Right so you’re an idiot for asking. Glad we cleared that up.

How typical. You post an article about what OTHER countries are doing. As in, countries that have a much better grasp on the virus than we do. See those nations are at risk for a “second wave”, but the US? Our nation is a hotbed for the virus and we are still in the first wave. We lead the world by a big margin in cases and there is no sign of a slowdown in infections.

COVID 19 is a psy-op and the bar has been lowered so low that if you have a cough? You are put into the "COVID -19" positive camp. If someone comes in that was killed in a car accident and allegedly tests positive for COVID-19, that death is put in the stats of COVID....this is all bullshit and the sheeple are being scared into compliance. I bet ya Billy boy will be the first in line for the fast-tracked "vaccine" for this alleged self-mutating virus that is lurking everywhere......what a joke Billy is.

You are the one who is a psy-op. You need a good psychiatrist. Go tell that to someone who has lost a loved one. They would rigyhtly beat your brains out. You are the joke and a bad one at that.
Just because it is a psy-op doesn't mean that people were not harmed, dumb ass. It means it was purposely planned and allowed to happen to inflict as much mental stress as possible to get conformity. You really are fucking stupid and naive.

Except for all those clear documented facts I posted
None of which showed liberalism causes that. And you didn't read a single word of any of those links anyway, you embarrassing fraud.

Sure I did. Is that all you can, is accuse others of things you yourself have done?

In fact, I've read not only those reports, but more than a few others, with similar conclusions.

Sure I did.
Nah, you didnt. Nor does any of that material show liberalism is the cause. You are falling victim to the very childish error of believing correlation shows causation.

Really. So kids are getting high school diplomas, without having a high school education, and it's just magic? Just diplomas are randomly falling from the sky, and no one in charge is to blame?

The only thing childish in this discussion is your inability to accept reality.

Forum List

Back