Trump is turning to racism to mock Nikki Haley's Indian name. Experts say it could backfire.

BertramN

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2016

Trump is turning to racism to mock Nikki Haley's Indian name. Experts say it could backfire.

“Trump is no stranger to turning to racism and name calling against his political foes.”

“A 2021 study led by Aaron Dusso, associate professor of political science at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, showed that name-calling did nothing to impact a voter's perception of the insulted candidate.”

“Instead, the name-calling backfired and impacted how the respondents viewed the perpetrating candidate.”

“‘Whatever effect we found was all focused on the actual attacker,’ Dusso told BI in an interview.”

This may be true for other politicians, but not for trump and his devoted fans. Name-calling, bigoted and racial slurs, and his other hate-filled rhetoric are what most impress his supporters. His hate-speech has, in fact, liberated the devout trumpists from polite societal restrictions and has motivated their similar behavior since trump began his first presidential campaign in 2015.

Civil discourse is not anything trump wants and prefers to avoid such situations as in debates and news conferences. With his history of unconscionable behavior, trump’s cult members would lose confidence in their leader should he resort to civil discourse.

410033109_849249983913669_3774801379339417494_n.jpg

“Trump is no stranger to turning to racism and name calling against his political foes.”

“A 2021 study led by Aaron Dusso, associate professor of political science at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, showed that name-calling did nothing to impact a voter's perception of the insulted candidate.”

“Instead, the name-calling backfired and impacted how the respondents viewed the perpetrating candidate.”

“‘Whatever effect we found was all focused on the actual attacker,’ Dusso told BI in an interview.”

This may be true for other politicians, but not for trump and his devoted fans. Name-calling, bigoted and racial slurs, and his other hate-filled rhetoric are what most impress his supporters. His hate-speech has, in fact, liberated the devout trumpists from polite societal restrictions and has motivated their similar behavior since trump began his first presidential campaign in 2015.

Civil discourse is not anything trump wants and prefers to avoid such situations as in debates and news conferences. With his history of unconscionable behavior, trump’s cult members would lose confidence in their leader should he resort to civil discourse.

View attachment 891562

thanks for that boebert tweet. i still don't understand what "woke" is , but now i get why they hate "woke"

trump will not lose a single vote of his base by calling haley anything that crawls through his reptlian brain. they would like nothing better than to watch as he grabs her pussy at a debate or diplomatic function.

View attachment 891562

I didn't click on the link. What did he call the Dot Head that's considered racist?

trump will not lose a single vote of his base by calling haley anything that crawls through his reptlian brain. they would like nothing better than to watch as he grabs her pussy at a debate or diplomatic function.
That's certainly true. But after 2016, I have to wonder how many people walking around out there don't care either, but aren't vocal about it.

Since that election, I've been wondering where this country really stands on this stuff.

That's certainly true. But after 2016, I have to wonder how many people walking around out there don't care either, but aren't vocal about it.

Since that election, I've been wondering where this country really stands on this stuff.
i've been wondering if i never woke up from surgery and this is all a nightmare.

good morning , mac.

thanks for that boebert tweet. i still don't understand what "woke" is , but now i get why they hate "woke"

An acquaintance of mine is a member of a social club where just being white supremacists isn`t good enough for these ultra MAGAs. They don`t allow women to sit at the bar. Yes, really. Nikki Haley wouldn`t be allowed to sit at the bar. White MALE Supremacists is what they are.

An acquaintance of mine is a member of a social club where just being white supremacists isn`t good enough for these ultra MAGAs. They don`t allow women to sit at the bar. Yes, really. Nikki Haley wouldn`t be allowed to sit at the bar. White MALE Supremacists is what they are.
my neighborhood bar was like that well into the 1990s. its kind of an artifact of the days when the women who would be in a bar anyway were less than respectable.

times change.

View attachment 891562

How is it racism to use an abbreviation of her given name?

Being woke means only the POV of the commie collective is legitimate. It's obvious you drank the kool aid.

Now we are going back aways, but.....but I used to go to a favorite lunch spot in Chicago's Loop, The Berghoff.
For lunch they served a great corned beef hash....and a glass of lager. It was standing room only --always elbow to elbow packed....as we all ate at stand up tables and narrow wall bars.
As a young 'executive' just outta university.....I loved it. But.......

.......there were absolutely no women allowed for the lunch trade. Verboten. It was all of us men in our suits and ties and wingtip.....gnoshing on man-food....corned beef and beer.

OK, that's enough nostalgia. Someone above hinted that Trump's rhetoric, as corrosive as it is all by itself, has a more insidious aspect to it. That is....it serves as the imprimatur, the permission, for other racists/bigots/misogynists/xenophobes to then feel free to have their own verbal enemas.....on social media, and occasionally, if they have too many of Milwaukee's Best in 'em....they'll spew to whoever is listening to 'em.

Hopefully, when the Big Macs catch up with Orangejesus, the better angels of our nature will once again emerge, as surely they must.

I think the ones who vote for Trump, vote for him because he is Trump and does such things, but he never had the majority even when he defeated Hilary Clinton he didnt won the popular vote, so the majority of americans are not racist

The popular vote and 4 bucks will get you a cup of coffee at most restaurants.

View attachment 891562

/----/ "repeatedly referring to her as "Nimbra," a play on her birth name, Nimarata Nikki Randhawa. Haley is the daughter of Indian immigrant parents."
Oh, big fu*king deal. Is this all you have to get bent out of shape about? Dementia Joe spent a career spewing racist remarks about Blacks without a peep of protest from you.

Forum List

Back