Trump to pressure governors to reopen schools

Sure I did.
Nah, you didnt. Nor does any of that material show liberalism is the cause. You are falling victim to the very childish error of believing correlation shows causation.

Really. So kids are getting high school diplomas, without having a high school education, and it's just magic? Just diplomas are randomly falling from the sky, and no one in charge is to blame?

The only thing childish in this discussion is your inability to accept reality.
No, i said liberalism is not the cause, nor have you shown that it is. Good god man, these are simple english sentences, try to follow...

Watch out when hypocrite lefties start talking about states rights. It's another propaganda blitz designed to (don't laugh) make Joe Biden look good.

Watch out when hypocrite lefties start talking about states rights. It's another propaganda blitz designed to (don't laugh) make Joe Biden look good.
It should be a federal mandate.

There, i hope you're happy.

And let me clue you in on something: the liberals saying, "so what about states' rights???" are actually mocking your double standard.

Sure I did.
Nah, you didnt. Nor does any of that material show liberalism is the cause. You are falling victim to the very childish error of believing correlation shows causation.

Really. So kids are getting high school diplomas, without having a high school education, and it's just magic? Just diplomas are randomly falling from the sky, and no one in charge is to blame?

The only thing childish in this discussion is your inability to accept reality.
No, i said liberalism is not the cause, nor have you shown that it is. Good god man, these are simple english sentences, try to follow...

Liberals are in charge of the school system.

That's not hard to understand either. Explain how people who don't have a high school education got a high school diploma. Who did that, and who is to blame?

Neato! As it turns out, they end up manning most projects involving education, science, the arts, literature, etc. Need to squeeze derivatives on some bad assets, transferring your losses to others? Call a Trumpleton.

So I am curious. For a laugh. What conservative ideas will fix this reading problem?

I heard on the radio yesterday that instead of our leader, its up to each state when the kids go back to school, so if people don't like when their kids are to return, dial up whoever your govern is I guess.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Trump has seemingly threatened to withhold or somehow hinder federal funds for schools if his demands for opening schools are ignored.
If the localities and states don't open the schools, why would they need Federal Funds at all?
Amen to this. If the buildings are going to remain closed, what is there exactly to spend the money on?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Wallace: Someone with Trump's incompetence will not decide if my kid goes back to school Words cannot explain the sheer incompetence and evil of sending children back to school, just to try and make Trump look good. And by the way, he's making the decision? I thought the states were on their own to do their own deciding?

Just to put this into perspective, Trump wants to expose the kids, teachers, and staff to Covid, but has Michael Cohen, and Paul Manafort released early because of possible exposure. am I understanding this correctly? covid-19 is so deadly that Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen had to be released from prison early, but it's also so benign that we need to be packing the nation's children back into their schools pronto? ok cool, that checks out Trump and his administration have failed this country and put us all in danger. And the kids? To hell with them.
The shit that Trump and crew has been throwing at the wall lately is not sticking.
The distraction tactics to upcoming events is amazingly all the same.

You are aware that Trump had nothing to do with the release of Paul Manafort or Michael Cohen. I was sure you knew that.

Why doesn't the left want children to get an education?

Because without any education, that just makes more of you.
But the humpers are the only people with educations... 4th f'n grade!
Says the moron who asks why kids aren’t in school during summer vacation.

You and Trump have no clue what is happening. Cases are skyrocketing and at this time it is hard to see how schools open on time.

The number of tests has skyrocketed, so the number of cases has skyrocketed. WOW, who would have thought? Here I thought the number of deaths per million was important.

2020-07-09%20Countries-X2.jpg

You are right, of course. the number of Americans who have been killed by this virus pales when compared to the number of Jews in Germany who died taking showers.

Neato! As it turns out, they end up manning most projects involving education, science, the arts, literature, etc. Need to squeeze derivatives on some bad assets, transferring your losses to others? Call a Trumpleton.

So I am curious. For a laugh. What conservative ideas will fix this reading problem?

School choice. Right now public schools have no incentive to education. In fact, they have disincentives to educate.

For example, in New Jersey where schools were given extra funds (Because in left-wing world, money = education), if they were under performing. So, the school actually had (I don't know if the policy is still in place, so I want to be careful), to perform bad enough to get the extra funds.

Instead, we should have a system where schools are competing against each other for students.

This requires that students (and parents) choose where they go to school. As a result schools have will have an incentive to perform best, in order to attract students. If that sounds familiar, it's like every free-market capitalist business on the planet.

This by the way, isn't exactly a brilliant new idea, but rather a system that most of the world has.

For example, in Japan, you pick where you go to school. Thus schools the have better educational results, and fewer problems (drugs, gangs, violence), have a demand by students and parents, to get their kids into the schools that perform better.

Thus every school is working for the goal of providing the best service at the lowest cost. The exact opposite of left-wing teacher union run schools.

By the way, this has the equal parallel effect, that students have an incentive to work hard to achieve good grades, in order to get into better schools.

One of the false claims from the left-wing teach union run schools, is that the quality of the students is better at private and charter schools. The reality is, this is only true to the degree that students that go to private and charter schools work harder to achieve good grades, because they know if they don't, they will be removed.

You don't get to go to the school of your choice. The idea that "I have a constitutional or human right to education!" does not exist in most of the world. If you don't make the grades in Japan, you simply don't go to school. It is the exact opposite of 'no child left behind' which Bush passed that I disagreed with.

Thus students at private schools work harder, not because they are just magically better students, but because they know they will be kicked out.

In Japan if you don't make the grades you go to night school, and summer / winter school, and if you still don't make the grades, they just send your butt home. Well of course kids don't want to use their summer vacation, and winter vacation, and night classes, while their friends are all out playing. And certainly don't want to be the one loser sent home.

In Japan, and most of the world, you flat out are left behind. You either keep up with your studies and your class, or they leave you behind. Which precisely why they consistently out perform us educationally, while spending less money on education.

Between the schools competing against each other for the best outcomes, and students working as hard as possible to get into the best schools... the educational outcomes are much better.

And by the way... this isn't even a foreign concept in American education. Public schools in the 1950s, and somewhat into the 1960s, had this concept.

Students in that time, had to meet the entrance exams for high schools, and could pick which schools they attend. Thomas Sowell picked Stuyvesant, and passed the entrance exam. Although he dropped out for family reasons, that was the system, and result was NYC schools used to be some of the top public schools in the country, before liberalism wrecked them.

To put it simply, the right-wing conservatives have a time test, world approved, method for improving education in our country. The left-wing simply doesn't want better education. They are fighting to the death, to prevent kids and minorities specifically, from escaping the clutches of left-wing defeatism.

Last edited:
Kind of some big details he's just leaving up in the air for someone else to figure out. I'm guessing you don't have any answers either.

Just demand schools be re-opened without considering the consequences and maybe someone else will magically figure out how to solve it without putting the teachers or families in danger. He has no idea what he's doing.

What part of the fact that President Trump has no authority over local schools do you not understand?

You're trying desperately to blame someone for not doing something for which they have no authority.

For the same reason that a federal minimum wage is unworkable so is a federal plan for opening the schools. It is a good policy to re-open schools. That is supported by experts and scientists.

Do you really believe that the President is in a better position to work out the details than the individual governors and school boards? If not the responsibility of the governor's responsibility, why have them?

I understood it fine. He's pushing an idea without a plan and he's threatening to cut funding if governors don't comply with the idea that he has no plan for.

What part of that do you not understand?
It's impossible for them to understand something they refuse from the beginning. The WH has already back tracked on this. All of the "look over here" crap is a ploy. Trump is bent on many other issues. Like watching his Presidency come to an end.

Wallace: Someone with Trump's incompetence will not decide if my kid goes back to school Words cannot explain the sheer incompetence and evil of sending children back to school, just to try and make Trump look good. And by the way, he's making the decision? I thought the states were on their own to do their own deciding?

Just to put this into perspective, Trump wants to expose the kids, teachers, and staff to Covid, but has Michael Cohen, and Paul Manafort released early because of possible exposure. am I understanding this correctly? covid-19 is so deadly that Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen had to be released from prison early, but it's also so benign that we need to be packing the nation's children back into their schools pronto? ok cool, that checks out Trump and his administration have failed this country and put us all in danger. And the kids? To hell with them.
So the anti-science Leftist fascist lunatics have decided to go against the recommendation of pediatricians?

So the anti-science Leftist fascist lunatics have decided to go against the recommendation of pediatricians?
No, it's just that there is no money to do what is suggested by them. Which is to say, defer to all precautions, but get the kids back into school, if possible. Sounds real nice. But those precautions aren't going to happen. So, now what?

So let's say we open up schools.

A few students at a particular school get the virus. We know it's going to happen and it's going to happen at many, many schools.

Then what do they do? What's the plan?

Schools and colleges that are reopening are for the most part doing hybrid half online / half in person, and they are all taking into account regular testing and that there will be some infections, and in the case of colleges the positives will be isolated in segregated housing until they recover and test negative, and for schools they go home and quarantine. It really isn't that hard..Although it's a nasty virus, vast majority - 99% will recover.

Ah Trump, say it aint so. As if blacks, Mexicans, women & LGBT weren't bad enough now he's going after the cheeeildren.

Public schools are purposely underfunded, just like the post office. The Right has no interest in the most vulnerable populations.

As you know, our public schools are overfunded. They ARE, however, grossly mismanaged due to school unions and staggeringly oversized bureaucracies.

IF Democrats are sincere about education why are they adamantly opposed to giving students in failed schools the same opportunity as middle and upper incomes?
Public schools being what they are maybe it best children be kept far, far away from them.
Public schools are purposely underfunded, just like the post office. The Right has no interest in the most vulnerable populations.

Our schools are most certainly not underfunded. You are crazy if you believe that. Our public school system is over funded by every single possible measure.
Is that why teachers pay out of pocket for supplies like pencils and paper?

That has nothing to do with schools being under funded.

Pencils cost a whooping $3... for a DOZEN... A spiral bound legal size note pad, is $1.

Get your dumb butt to McDonald's, and work ONE FREAKIN HOUR... and buy your kid a dozen pencils and paper.

Irresponsible parents, does not equal underfunded schools.

In fact, those teachers are the very cause of this problem. Like covering the bill for an alcoholic, they are enabling bad parenting.

Ironically, this is exactly why our school system is terrible. This would never happen in Japan, or Finland, or anywhere else. Your kid showed up without school supplies, they would send your kid right back home. The teachers in Japan are not buying pencils and paper, because your lazy useless butt refused to work one full hour, to pay for supplies.

Again, when you compare the amount of money spent on education here in the US, to almost anywhere, we spend more.

How is it that other places have better educational results, with lower spending on education, if our schools are underfunded?

School choice.
One of the worst ideas ever, for civilized society. It's right up there with the gold standard and individual mandate for health insurance.

Really? Because dozens of countries that have better education than us, have that system. You realize Finland has that? And they were considered some of the best education system in the world at one point?

Anyone can open a school in Finland. Churches can. Companies can. People can open private schools if they want.

And students can go to any school they want.

Japan has that. You pick which school you want to go to.

Why is it that every country with better education, and lower cost education, than the US has this system which you claim is the worst for civil society?

I thought republicans cared about states rights? Not anymore! Trump wants it so now his supporters must insist it is a good idea.

Luckily, none of them are going to listen to this moron anyway.

Yeah, it's only most of the world getting kids back in school. But you don't care, because this is a political football you can use, and you hate educated kids anyway, that's why you support those public schools where kids come out dumber than they went in.
Yeah those are nations who actually have the virus contained to some degree. The US? Not even close.

Where was your angst when ANTIFA and BLM were running amok without masks and not practicing "social distancing" that were looting and rioting for two weeks after the George Floyd false flag took over the lamestream media news and COVID-19 wasn't even mentioned during that time?????
ANTIFA does not exist. You are a liar.

Forum List

Back