Trump to pressure governors to reopen schools

Given the lack of knowledge and understanding of history among other things we see from those leaving today’s public schools maybe keeping them shutdown is not such a bad thing.

Kind of some big details he's just leaving up in the air for someone else to figure out. I'm guessing you don't have any answers either.

Just demand schools be re-opened without considering the consequences and maybe someone else will magically figure out how to solve it without putting the teachers or families in danger. He has no idea what he's doing.

What part of the fact that President Trump has no authority over local schools do you not understand?

You're trying desperately to blame someone for not doing something for which they have no authority.

For the same reason that a federal minimum wage is unworkable so is a federal plan for opening the schools. It is a good policy to re-open schools. That is supported by experts and scientists.

Do you really believe that the President is in a better position to work out the details than the individual governors and school boards? If not the responsibility of the governor's responsibility, why have them?

What's even worse is the irresponsibility of the left encouraging protesters to keep on protesting. None of these people are social distancing, and they've been in the streets by the tens of thousands for weeks.

Kind of some big details he's just leaving up in the air for someone else to figure out. I'm guessing you don't have any answers either.

Just demand schools be re-opened without considering the consequences and maybe someone else will magically figure out how to solve it without putting the teachers or families in danger. He has no idea what he's doing.

What part of the fact that President Trump has no authority over local schools do you not understand?

You're trying desperately to blame someone for not doing something for which they have no authority.

For the same reason that a federal minimum wage is unworkable so is a federal plan for opening the schools. It is a good policy to re-open schools. That is supported by experts and scientists.

Do you really believe that the President is in a better position to work out the details than the individual governors and school boards? If not the responsibility of the governor's responsibility, why have them?

I understood it fine. He's pushing an idea without a plan and he's threatening to cut funding if governors don't comply with the idea that he has no plan for.

What part of that do you not understand?

Trump has seemingly threatened to withhold or somehow hinder federal funds for schools if his demands for opening schools are ignored.

whats-your-point-Th.jpg

Not one bedwetter has explained to us how children are in danger by going back to school. Children don’t get ill from the virus, and certainly don’t die from it at any significant rate. I mean out of 130,000 plus deaths, 14 were in the age group of 5-14. And I bet most if not all had some other very serious conditions.

No takers? Science and statistics scare you off?
BWK , okfine ?
14 is 14 too many. Also they have families as well. They can infect their family.

whats-your-point-Th.jpg

You and Trump have no clue what is happening. Cases are skyrocketing and at this time it is hard to see how schools open on time.

The number of tests has skyrocketed, so the number of cases has skyrocketed. WOW, who would have thought? Here I thought the number of deaths per million was important.

2020-07-09%20Countries-X2.jpg

Wallace: Someone with Trump's incompetence will not decide if my kid goes back to school Words cannot explain the sheer incompetence and evil of sending children back to school, just to try and make Trump look good. And by the way, he's making the decision? I thought the states were on their own to do their own deciding?

Just to put this into perspective, Trump wants to expose the kids, teachers, and staff to Covid, but has Michael Cohen, and Paul Manafort released early because of possible exposure. am I understanding this correctly? covid-19 is so deadly that Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen had to be released from prison early, but it's also so benign that we need to be packing the nation's children back into their schools pronto? ok cool, that checks out Trump and his administration have failed this country and put us all in danger. And the kids? To hell with them.

The Federal Government and the President of the United States isn't in charge of opening or closing schools. It isn't one of his constitutional powers.

As far as schools, remember, President Trump has a school aged kid at home. He understands how important it is for children to get an education.
Why do you think Euro countries have been able to send their kids back to school? Any idea?
Well it's not time here in the U.S. Why is that?

The goal in the United States is to try to take down President Trump. Opening up in Europe while keeping the US locked down as tight as the President's Rear End is going to be used to try and destroy the American Presidency and Middle Class.
To communist democrats its a side door to attacking the economy. School closures are used to keep working parents home. The communist democrats measure their success by how much misery they can bring to others.

You want as many people to die so Trump can be re-elected. If he was doing his job in fighting the coronavirus, he wouldn't need to do the stupid things he is doing.

maxresdefault-M.jpg

I thought republicans cared about states rights? Not anymore! Trump wants it so now his supporters must insist it is a good idea.

Luckily, none of them are going to listen to this moron anyway.

Yeah, it's only most of the world getting kids back in school. But you don't care, because this is a political football you can use, and you hate educated kids anyway, that's why you support those public schools where kids come out dumber than they went in.

The rest of the world took tough action to beat the coronavirus. Trump has been fixated on re-election no matter how many people die. If he had been more of a leader then he wouldn't be in the position he is. Trying to protect the Confederacy.

But it didn't. Sweden never had a harsh economy crushing lock down. Neither did Japan.

In fact quite a few countries didn't.

I understood it fine. He's pushing an idea without a plan and he's threatening to cut funding if governors don't comply with the idea that he has no plan for.

What part of that do you not understand?

2020-07-09_17-37-51-M.jpg

Given the lack of knowledge and understanding of history among other things we see from those leaving today’s public schools maybe keeping them shutdown is not such a bad thing.
Given the amazing knowledge and development of a great many students graduating public schools, clearly the problem chiefly lies with students and parenting. Coming from right wing households that have no respect for education or expertise surely cannot help.

People on this board love to paint with a broad brush. Social security bad, medicare awful, unions the worst, all public schools bad. Laborers terrible(and always overpaid), and the list goes on. Meanwhile, here, where I reside, kids do very well, the unionized teachers are awesome, people are collecting social security and use medicare to get healthcare. Every one of those things is good.

Given the amazing knowledge and development of a great many students graduating public schools, clearly the problem chiefly lies with students and parenting. Coming from right wing households that have no respect for education or expertise surely cannot help.
Clearly another liberal trying to pass off their opinion as proof of something.

I thought republicans cared about states rights? Not anymore! Trump wants it so now his supporters must insist it is a good idea.

Luckily, none of them are going to listen to this moron anyway.

Yeah, it's only most of the world getting kids back in school. But you don't care, because this is a political football you can use, and you hate educated kids anyway, that's why you support those public schools where kids come out dumber than they went in.

The rest of the world took tough action to beat the coronavirus. Trump has been fixated on re-election no matter how many people die. If he had been more of a leader then he wouldn't be in the position he is. Trying to protect the Confederacy.

But it didn't. Sweden never had a harsh economy crushing lock down. Neither did Japan.

In fact quite a few countries didn't.

Sweden had more deaths than any other European country on a per capita basis.

Clearly another liberal trying to pass off their opinion as proof of something.
Clearly another angry right winger trying to complain about what normal people call "an education". Oh, and experts are "elitist liars trying to control us". There whiner , i saved you some time.

My son is going into his senior year at a public school. Straight A's, going to get a track scholarship, earning copious college credit...he is basically writing his own ticket. He will go into his second year of college as a junior.

He informs me that the Trumpanzees his age that he knows are all poor students.

Forum List

Back