Trump/Taliban Peace Agreement For Troop Withdrawal

This is Biden's withdrawal, you're an idiot. Even cnn can't pull this lie off.

So, you have to find a specific person to blame. Can't be 180,000 Afgahan military. Gotta be Biden.

Yeppers, Biden's withdrawal and that's what he did.

Oh, but it's a "failure".

Gotta be a "failure" after 20 years and multiple administrations and US troops going from 3000 to 100000 back to 3000 troops, it's gotta be Biden's fault because nobody else was involved. Nope.

So if the garbage disposal breaks in your sink, it's someone fault. Oh, it's the guy who sold it to you. Or it's the guy who installed it. Or it's the manufacturer.

Sound more like you are just stirring up the pot to get "likes".

The question I have is, who are you trying to convince it's "Biden's failure" and why is it so important to you that you spend hours on the internet trying to convince them?

And I'm the idiot. Grrrr.

The US and the Taliban have signed an "agreement for bringing peace" to Afghanistan after more than 18 years of conflict.

The US and Nato allies have agreed to withdraw all troops within 14 months if the militants uphold the deal.

President Trump said it had been a "long and hard journey" in Afghanistan. "It's time after all these years to bring our people back home," he said.

Talks between the Afghan government and the Taliban are due to follow.

Under the agreement, the militants also agreed not to allow al-Qaeda or any other extremist group to operate in the areas they control.

Details in links below...

Joint Declaration between the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and the United States of America for Bringing Peace to Afghanistan

Things don't currently look good in Afghanistan. What do you think?
1629078833700.png

(CNN)President Joe Biden and his administration struggled Sunday to project order amid a race by American and other foreign personnel to evacuate Afghanistan as Taliban fighters entered Kabul.
The rapid fall of Afghanistan's national forces and government has come as a shock to Biden and senior members of his administration, who only last month believed it could take months before the civilian government in Kabul fell -- allowing a period of time after American troops left before the full consequences of the withdrawal were laid bare.
Now, months after his initial declaration that all 2,500 US troops would be out of Afghanistan by the end of the summer, a total of 6,000 troops are expected to help facilitate the evacuation.
And officials are frankly admitting they miscalculated.

"The fact of the matter is we've seen that that force has been unable to defend the country," Secretary of State Antony Blinken told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union," referring to Afghanistan's national security forces. "And that has happened more quickly than we anticipated."
Biden is expected to address the nation in the next few days about the crisis in Afghanistan, according to a senior administration official, though a final decision on a speech hadn't been made and the President hasn't yet cut short his summer vacation visit to Camp David.
One option under discussion is to have Biden return to the White House, though the official cautioned that they had not completely ruled out making the remarks from the presidential retreat, where he was photographed on Sunday receiving a briefing from his national security team. In the photo, Biden appeared alone wearing a polo shirt in front of a large bank of monitors.
The risks for Biden politically are uncertain; a majority of Americans say in polls they support withdrawing troops from Afghanistan, and Biden's aides have calculated the country shares his weariness at prolonging a 20-year conflict.

Yet the chaotic scenes playing out as that war ends -- evoking the fall of Saigon in 1975, an image that haunted Biden as he weighed a withdrawal earlier this year -- are certain to trail Biden as the Taliban asserts control over large swaths of the country.

[continues....]

Biden said on July 8:
'There's going to be no circumstance where you're going to see people being lifted off the roof of a embassy of the U.S. from Afghanistan'
Sounds like a man who was speaking like he had complete control of the situation and keenly aware of the consequences of his actions.

And now, after another miserable failure of this Admin, he resorts to the usual, blaming Trump in a statement yesterday:
'When I came to office, I inherited a deal cut by my predecessor—which he invited the Taliban to discuss at Camp David on the eve of 9/11 of 2019—that left the Taliban in the strongest position militarily since 2001 and imposed a May 1, 2021 deadline on US forces,'

Democrats can't seem to do anything that matters correctly without completely screwing it up. I suppose this is why they prefer instead to spend so much time on diversions such as racism, identity politics, and the Climate Change boogeyman.

The stark contrast of the Biden Admin and the prior Trump Admin should be apparent to all by now. Regarding international challenges,

• Trump was handed a bad deal on Iran, giving them a pathway to the bomb. He got us out of it, and crippled Iran's economy with tough sanctions.
  • Trump was handed a terrible situation in Syria, with Isis controlling most of the country. He quickly rectified that and decimated Isis.
  • When Iran-backed Shia militia attacked the US Embassy in Baghdad and and our K-1 Air Base, Trump took out Qasem Soleimani, sending a clear message.
While Trump was also in favor of a peaceful and orderly withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan, there is no way he would have ever let it fall like this.

Like the border crisis Biden created, Biden own this disaster as well.

So, you have to find a specific person to blame. Can't be 180,000 Afgahan military. Gotta be Biden.

Yeppers, Biden's withdrawal and that's what he did.

Oh, but it's a "failure".

Gotta be a "failure" after 20 years and multiple administrations and US troops going from 3000 to 100000 back to 3000 troops, it's gotta be Biden's fault because nobody else was involved. Nope.

So if the garbage disposal breaks in your sink, it's someone fault. Oh, it's the guy who sold it to you. Or it's the guy who installed it. Or it's the manufacturer.

Sound more like you are just stirring up the pot to get "likes".

The question I have is, who are you trying to convince it's "Biden's failure" and why is it so important to you that you spend hours on the internet trying to convince them?

And I'm the idiot. Grrrr.
If Trump did the same you would blame him. Biden made the decision so he owns it. He also told us what is happening wouldn't.

So, when it is the right time? So what's would be your plan? Leave 3,500 troops indefinitely? Till 2025? Till the Afghanistan army is ready?

It not the time that is the issue...it's the plan...or lack thereof...that Biden set in motion...I mean LOOK AT THIS FUCKING CATASTROPHE!

This isn't the Cuttwash County Board of Supervisors...this is the United States Government.

Their contingency plans need backup plans and contingency plans for those.

This is a fucking nightmare of incompetence on a scale not seen since Vietnam.

There is no way to spin this clusterfuck...this is a failure of leadership of the highest magnitude!

I don't recall Biden saying it was Trump's fault...

Then you're not paying attention...

'When I came to office, I inherited a deal cut by my predecessor—which he invited the Taliban to discuss at Camp David on the eve of 9/11 of 2019—that left the Taliban in the strongest position militarily since 2001 and imposed a May 1, 2021 deadline on US forces,'

View attachment 526320

(CNN)President Joe Biden and his administration struggled Sunday to project order amid a race by American and other foreign personnel to evacuate Afghanistan as Taliban fighters entered Kabul.
The rapid fall of Afghanistan's national forces and government has come as a shock to Biden and senior members of his administration, who only last month believed it could take months before the civilian government in Kabul fell -- allowing a period of time after American troops left before the full consequences of the withdrawal were laid bare.
Now, months after his initial declaration that all 2,500 US troops would be out of Afghanistan by the end of the summer, a total of 6,000 troops are expected to help facilitate the evacuation.
And officials are frankly admitting they miscalculated.

"The fact of the matter is we've seen that that force has been unable to defend the country," Secretary of State Antony Blinken told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union," referring to Afghanistan's national security forces. "And that has happened more quickly than we anticipated."
Biden is expected to address the nation in the next few days about the crisis in Afghanistan, according to a senior administration official, though a final decision on a speech hadn't been made and the President hasn't yet cut short his summer vacation visit to Camp David.
One option under discussion is to have Biden return to the White House, though the official cautioned that they had not completely ruled out making the remarks from the presidential retreat, where he was photographed on Sunday receiving a briefing from his national security team. In the photo, Biden appeared alone wearing a polo shirt in front of a large bank of monitors.
The risks for Biden politically are uncertain; a majority of Americans say in polls they support withdrawing troops from Afghanistan, and Biden's aides have calculated the country shares his weariness at prolonging a 20-year conflict.

Yet the chaotic scenes playing out as that war ends -- evoking the fall of Saigon in 1975, an image that haunted Biden as he weighed a withdrawal earlier this year -- are certain to trail Biden as the Taliban asserts control over large swaths of the country.

[continues....]

Biden said on July 8:
'There's going to be no circumstance where you're going to see people being lifted off the roof of a embassy of the U.S. from Afghanistan'
Sounds like a man who was speaking like he had complete control of the situation and keenly aware of the consequences of his actions.

And now, after another miserable failure of this Admin, he resorts to the usual, blaming Trump in a statement yesterday:

Democrats can't seem to do anything that matters correctly without completely screwing it up. I suppose this is why they prefer instead to spend so much time on diversions such as racism, identity politics, and the Climate Change boogeyman.

The stark contrast of the Biden Admin and the prior Trump Admin should be apparent to all by now. Regarding international challenges,

• Trump was handed a bad deal on Iran, giving them a pathway to the bomb. He got us out of it, and crippled Iran's economy with tough sanctions.
  • Trump was handed a terrible situation in Syria, with Isis controlling most of the country. He quickly rectified that and decimated Isis.
  • When Iran-backed Shia militia attacked the US Embassy in Baghdad and and our K-1 Air Base, Trump took out Qasem Soleimani, sending a clear message.
While Trump was also in favor of a peaceful and orderly withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan, there is no way he would have ever let it fall like this.

Like the border crisis Biden created, Biden own this disaster as well.

""The fact of the matter is we've seen that that force has been unable to defend the country," Secretary of State Antony Blinken told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union," referring to Afghanistan's national security forces. "And that has happened more quickly than we anticipated.""

Yeah, 180k Afghan troops couldn't hold the line.

And why is this not surprising to you, that 180k Afghan troops can't manage to hold their own country.

And exactly why is that the U.S. problem?

It not the time that is the issue...it's the plan...or lack thereof...that Biden set in motion...I mean LOOK AT THIS FUCKING CATASTROPHE!

This isn't the Cuttwash County Board of Supervisors...this is the United States Government.

There is no way to spin this clusterfuck...this is a failure of leadership of the highest magnitude!

And your plan would be what?

Opinions are like @$$#oles. I get your opinion.

So what would your plan be?

Did Trump cut the deal or not?

Did he invite then to discuss the deal at Camp David or not?

Did it leave the Taliban in the strongest position militarily since 2001 or not?

Did the deal impose a may 1 2021 deadline on US forces or not?

Which of those is not a fact?

If Trump did the same you would blame him. Biden made the decision so he owns it. He also told us what is happening wouldn't.

Would you blame Trump if he had actually pulled out the troops?

And in your opinion it was bound to happen that when 3500 US troops left Afghanistan, 180k Afghan troops couldn't defend their country after 20 years of training because why?

I cannot say how trump would've handled it, but I'm positive it would be better.

So, you don't know how he would have handled it but you are sure it would have been better.

Because you are sure that after 20 years and as many as 100k US troops and now 3500 and an army of 180k Afghans, it was bound to happen?

Did Trump cut the deal or not?

Did he invite then to discuss the deal at Camp David or not?

Did it leave the Taliban in the strongest position militarily since 2001 or not?

Did the deal impose a may 1 2021 deadline on US forces or not?

Which of those is not a fact?
The part that isn't a fact is BIDEN'S HANDS WERE TIED.

If you believe that the President of the United States HANDS ARE TIED when the safety of US citizens are at stake...you are a dumbass of the first magnitude.

Are you a dumbass of the first magnitude?

Cuz if so...there is no point in continuing this debate.

Afghan President Was Politically Isolated Before Slipping Into Exile​

Ashraf Ghani fled his country without telling leaders who were negotiating a peaceful transition with the Taliban.

Afghan President Ashraf Ghani slipped out of his country Sunday in the same way he had led it in recent years — a lonely and isolated figure.

Ghani quietly left the sprawling presidential palace with a small coterie of confidants — and didn’t even tell other political leaders who had been negotiating a peaceful transition of power with the Taliban that he was heading for the exit.

Abdullah Abdullah, his long-time rival who had twice buried his animosity to partner with Ghani in government, said that “God will hold him accountable” for abandoning the capital.

Ghani’s style of rule was often characterized as cantankerous and arrogant, rarely heeding the advice of his government and often publicly berating those who challenged him.

He was accused by ethnic minorities of championing the ethnic Pashtuns, like himself, seeing himself as a counter to the Taliban, who are mostly from the same ethnic group. He alienated other ethnic minorities and the gap between Afghanistan’s ethnic groups grew ever wider.

Afghan President Was Politically Isolated Before Slipping Into Exile

It appears that Ashraf Ghani was a major disgrace to the Afghan people. Maybe he and his clan are getting what's coming to them - but it isn't fair for our Afghan allies and their families (around 20,000 to 30,000).

My plan would be to be ready for every contingency...including this one.

The plan is to HAVE A FUCKING PLAN!

We've been through this once...when Saigon fell. We all fucking knew this was a possibility...so before you get to this fucking point...you have a plan to hold the fucking line until you not only get your people to safety...but those who put their fucking lives on the line to help you along the way.

Anything else is unfucking acceptable...you fucking cockbite buddyfucker!

So, you don't know how he would have handled it but you are sure it would have been better.

Because you are sure that after 20 years and as many as 100k US troops and now 3500 and an army of 180k Afghans, it was bound to happen?
I'm sure Trump's decision wouldn't of required 3000 troops to go back in. After removing them, or needing to send bombers back to bomb our own tanks and air craft. Yes, I'm positive Trump wouldn't of been that incompetent.

Sorry about the last post.

This whole fucked up disaster makes me sick to my stomach...and I took that out on you...which is not cool.

My apologies.

Forum List

Back