Trump/Taliban Peace Agreement For Troop Withdrawal

Failed at what? The agreement was to pull the rest of the troops out of Afghanistan. He pulled the rest of the troops out. That sounds like doing exactly what he intended to do.

There are 180,000 Afghan troops. We had 3,500 troops.

So what was the "failure" exactly?
xiden tossed that agreement out that trump was working on. Sorry

turn on the TV, the media is broadcasting the failure

The US and the Taliban have signed an "agreement for bringing peace" to Afghanistan after more than 18 years of conflict.

The US and Nato allies have agreed to withdraw all troops within 14 months if the militants uphold the deal.

President Trump said it had been a "long and hard journey" in Afghanistan. "It's time after all these years to bring our people back home," he said.

Talks between the Afghan government and the Taliban are due to follow.

Under the agreement, the militants also agreed not to allow al-Qaeda or any other extremist group to operate in the areas they control.

Details in links below...

Joint Declaration between the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and the United States of America for Bringing Peace to Afghanistan

Things don't currently look good in Afghanistan. What do you think?

1. 25th Amendment Joe is President
2. Biden was Obama's VP for 8 years of the Afghan War

Biden made the call to withdraw. This is the Biden retreat. It could have been the Trump retreat, but he decided to make it his. Biden owns it now.

Biden also said what's going on now wouldn't happen and Democrats believed him.

Retreat? Is Afghanistan a U.S. Territory? Afghanistan is a sovereign with 180,000 Afghanistan troops.

Is it the U.S. responsibility to defend Afghanistan?

I have great disdain for most Republicans, but I'm not bashful about criticizing Democrats when they screw up. Biden screwed up! His Afghanistan clusterfuck may cost Democrats the House/Senate/Presidency in '22 and '24. Republicans must be deliriously happy - and I can't blame them.

I would have been fully on board with the withdrawal - if our Afghan allies and their families were evacuated first and troops last.

Sad...

I have great disdain for most Republicans, but I'm not bashful about criticizing Democrats when they screw up. Biden screwed up! His Afghanistan clusterfuck may cost Democrats the House/Senate/Presidency in '22 and '24. Republicans must be deliriously happy - and I can't blame them.

I would have been fully on board with the withdrawal - if our Afghan allies and their families were evacuated first and troops last.

Sad...

Afghan was a clusterfuck from day one. It was never anything but a clusterfuck.

So, same question. What exactly would be your plan? Evacuate the Afghan contractors? Evacuate the gardners? Evacuate 180,000 Afghan troops? How about the entire Afghan population, less the Taliban? Oh, wait, who exactly are the individuals that are part of the Taliban? Afghan citizens? Iranians?

Again, what's your plan that would make it not a clusterfuck?

How many people do you suppose that would be? Who do you stop with? Who is the Taliban going to stop with? The interpreters? The gardeners? The Afghan army of 180,000 troops?

Thousands of Afghans who helped allied forces, notably as translators, are being left behind. The Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) program lets Afghans who worked with the U.S. for two years move to the U.S. with their spouse and children. About 18,000 applicants await a decision. This could take years.

Retreat? Is Afghanistan a U.S. Territory? Afghanistan is a sovereign with 180,000 Afghanistan troops.

Is it the U.S. responsibility to defend Afghanistan?
Call it what you want, Biden is responsible for what is going on there TODAY. Any denial of that makes you look dumb.

This is where my Mom would say '...and if Johnny jumped off a bridge...would you jump off too"...

This is the worst spin possible.

Just close your eyes... concentrate...using your imagination...imagine Trump presided over this collosal fuckup...

That's exactly how you should react when your guy fucks up this badly.
He did as bad if not worse in Syria....

Syria was fixable and a local army willing to fight, unlike Afgan...

This was always going to happen... Trump agreed for it to happen, this was a deal Trump made and Biden is just executing...

Could you tell us what your fix to Afgan was?

Sad...
I don’t disagree about getting allies out but that would have taken quite some time to complete. Those allies were all over the country with no real way to travel to an airbase to be evacuated. I just wonder if the Taliban wouldn’t have started their large scale operations while that was underway. With so few troops there it could have devolved very quickly into an even worse situation.

I don’t disagree about getting allies out but that would have taken quite some time to complete. Those allies were all over the country with no real way to travel to an airbase to be evacuated. I just wonder if the Taliban wouldn’t have started their large scale operations while that was underway. With so few troops there it could have devolved very quickly into an even worse situation.

I get your point - but it appears to be poor planning to evacuate our Afghan allies and their families. This will all be debated and spun over the coming months - maybe years.

xiden tossed that agreement out that trump was working on. Sorry

turn on the TV, the media is broadcasting the failure

Working on? And he quit working on it because......

And I watch the news and I know what is going on in Afghanistan and what failure are you talking about?

I get your point - but it appears to be poor planning to evacuate our Afghan allies and their families. This will all be debated and spun over the coming months - maybe years.

Again, "Afghan allies and their families."? 180,000 Afghan troops are "our allies", and a population of 38 million, including the military.

Sure, trollbots will post vague and false opposing claims on the internet. TV pundits will fill in the news cycle with "debates".

So that is 38 million people that are "our Afghan allies and families". So what do you mean by "Afghan allies and their families."?

"Poor planning"? As far as I can see, the planning was to remove U.S. troops from Afghanistan, immediately. That was the plan. What plan do you have in mind?

Again, "Afghan allies and their families."? 180,000 Afghan troops are "our allies", and a population of 38 million, including the military.

Sure, trollbots will post vague and false opposing claims on the internet. TV pundits will fill in the news cycle with "debates".

So that is 38 million people that are "our Afghan allies and families". So what do you mean by "Afghan allies and their families."?

"Poor planning"? As far as I can see, the planning was to remove U.S. troops from Afghanistan, immediately. That was the plan. What plan do you have in mind?

Dear Dumbass: When they refer to "allies" - they are primarily referring to the Afghan "interpreters" and "support staff" (and their families) who have worked with our troops for at least two years.

Last edited:

Biden Team Surprised By Rapid Taliban Takeover In Afghanistan

I don't understand why they were "surprised" based on the news I've been watching over the past weeks on CNN and MSNBC. Was the intelligence really that bad?

What do you think government intelligence is? Embedded spies in the Taliban sending encoded messages containing the minutes from Taliban meetings to the CIA?

Really, the CIA has a habit of telling FOX NEWS, CNN and MSNBC what the possible scenarios are? Or even that the major networks are going to report on all the scenarios? That's what the CIA and the Pentagon does, is come up with scenarios. Do you suppose that one of those scenarios was 'Things will go to shit."?

How about 180,000 Afghanistan troops can't manage to handle it? Is that surprising? What do you find not surprising about 180,000 Afghan troops, that have been training and fighting for 20 years, unable defend their own country?

Dear Dumbass: When they refer to "allies" - they are primarily referring to the Afghan "interpreters" (and their families) who have worked with our troops for at least two years.

Now there you go. I knew you would reveal yourself.

The US and the Taliban have signed an "agreement for bringing peace" to Afghanistan after more than 18 years of conflict.

The US and Nato allies have agreed to withdraw all troops within 14 months if the militants uphold the deal.

President Trump said it had been a "long and hard journey" in Afghanistan. "It's time after all these years to bring our people back home," he said.

Talks between the Afghan government and the Taliban are due to follow.

Under the agreement, the militants also agreed not to allow al-Qaeda or any other extremist group to operate in the areas they control.

Details in links below...

Joint Declaration between the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and the United States of America for Bringing Peace to Afghanistan

Things don't currently look good in Afghanistan. What do you think?
This is Biden's withdrawal, you're an idiot. Even cnn can't pull this lie off.

Really, the CIA has a habit of telling FOX NEWS, CNN and MSNBC what the possible scenarios are? Or even that the major networks are going to report on all the scenarios? That's what the CIA and the Pentagon does, is come up with scenarios. Do you suppose that one of those scenarios was 'Things will go to shit."?

How about 180,000 Afghanistan troops can't manage to handle it? Is that surprising? What do you find not surprising about 180,000 Afghan troops, that have been training and fighting for 20 years, unable defend their own country?

I'm talking about Afghan interpreters and support staff. I don't know what you're talking about. Bye...

Forum List

Back