Trump says Biden vowing to pick a female VP is insulting to some men

Is this a joke? Is he really this out of touch or is this some political angle that I’m not understanding? Can anybody explain this statement made by Trump?

"I would be inclined to go a different route than what he's done," Trump told Clay Travis, a sports commentator who hosts a national radio show based in Nashville, Tennessee. "First of all he roped himself into a certain group of people."
Trump went on to say that "some people would say that men are insulted by that. And some people would say it's fine. I don't know."

he is completely right. it is sex discrimination.
Men have been fucking up our country for years. It is nice to have a woman in a leadership position, and I think she is more qualified than most men. Throughout history, women have made great leaders of their countries, and represent half of our population.

oh? if biden dies and harris takes over, are you saying she will not be representing you and your interests and agenda?

will she be governing to advance the interests of women at the expense of men?
I said nothing of the sort. Where did you get that from? If Harris takes over, my view is that she will advance the interests of all true Americans at the expense of assholes.

so, if men can be represented by a woman, then women can be represented by a man.

and there is no reason to be excite about this.
You’re trying too hard... best to move on to a new argument. You’re not gonna win this oNe
You are not trying at all. Try again.
Points have been made what don’t you agree with?
my guess would be the points that you have made.

clear it up for you?

Is this a joke? Is he really this out of touch or is this some political angle that I’m not understanding? Can anybody explain this statement made by Trump?

"I would be inclined to go a different route than what he's done," Trump told Clay Travis, a sports commentator who hosts a national radio show based in Nashville, Tennessee. "First of all he roped himself into a certain group of people."
Trump went on to say that "some people would say that men are insulted by that. And some people would say it's fine. I don't know."

Biden should not have signaled that he would only consider a black woman. Had he simply kept his mouth shut and chosen her, it would not have even been an issue.
He said woman not black woman, he considered women of all races. and it shouldn’t be an issue right now. I’m not finding anybody making a strong argument for how seeking for and picking a woman to be his V.P. is a bad thing
It isn't. His mistake was alerting everyone to the fact that he was rejecting perfectly qualified people based on their chromosomes. Had Trump come out and said he would only consider men as his VP, he would have been roundly criticized for doing so and faced screechings of sexism.
True, and given our countries history and the grossly unbalanced make up of men vs women and white vs other races in our leadership it would absolutely be sexist if Trump said he will only consider a man for the job. Considering a Historically oppressed minority group that has never held the office before is a completely different thing.
"Considering" multiple options is not the same thing as "Restricting" the options. We will only have arrived at true equality when skin color or chromosomal makeup is not even a consideration.
Agreed, but we get there by including oppressed minorities in leadership. It’s time for a women to be represented in top leadership. Biden was being honest, I thought that would be respected over hidden agendas. He thought it was time to give women the platform. I think he is right. I’m not a big Kamala fan but I think Biden made a smart move

your support of sexist discrimination, and your blatant dishonesty about it, should be considered by all voters.
you call me a supporter of sexism because I support selecting a female for V.P. keep running with that, it makes you sound super smart!

i call you a supporter of sexist discrimination, because you support deciding to not consider any men for a job.

if i supported only hiring whites, for a job, you would be able to see that that was racist discrimination.

but since it is discrimination you agree with, your brain, is lying to you.
Only considering whites for a job is discrimination. Only considering women in this day of age considering current conditions and past history of that office is not discrimination.... it is not unjust or unfair to men. Only a dimwit would think so.

discrimination is discrimination. that you think it is justified by past discrimination does not mean it is not discrimination.

that you cannot admit this, is your brain, refusing to be rational, to protect your world view.
Discrimination is unjust Treatment. I don’t think it’s unjust to men to seek out and select a woman to hold the V.P. spot for Biden’s ticket. Especially considering none have ever held the position. I don’t know how you don’t get that but you obviously don’t.... so agree to disagree

discrimination is discrimination. that you consider it just because it makes up for past injustices, does not make it not discrimination.
The definition of discrimination is unjust treatment. It’s not unjust to men to pick a woman to hold a position that women Have never held. I’m sorry, but it doesn’t get much simpler than that. You don’t get it, that’s fine. I’m done repeating myself though

it is unjust to reject possible candidates based on their sex and skin color, which is what biden did.
You’re totally right... keep screaming outrage!! Women and blacks should boycott after this horrendous racist and sexist action If picking a black woman as V.P. by Biden. I hope they see the light just as you do! :cuckoo:
you're like one of those grade C evangelists that never made it out a UHF channel.

He didn't make the point as I would, but he is right. If you decided pre-emptively that you will choose a female, it negates 50% of your pool right off the top, and for what reason? "it's time"?

You are telling men, "look, you're going to have to live with a female president if I win. She could be a useless POS, she might openly hate men and want to put conscription into law for men to send you to war somewhere, it doesn't matter. Deal with it sucka, competence doesn't matter, just her gender".

Now, he did it out of a desperation to get the Dem donors and support as he was in trouble in the Primaries. However, once he won, he was cornered. It doesn't mean he can't choose a good female V.P, it means it will be tainted, and at the very least, many will suspect it was forced.

That's not a meritocracy at work. Most men and women, support merit over nepotism or politics.
Well thank you for the honest answer. Now I understand the type of person he was speaking to.

Do you really not think there is a woman out there will the skills and qualifications for the job? Do you not understand the desire to have a woman’s perspective and representation in leadership? Our government has be dominated by men since its founding, is it really that crazy if an idea to you to think that women and minority groups might just bring a different and more representative perspective to the table?

Yes the person does think it's a crazy idea.

That person doesn't want those voices heard much less spoken.

Which is why they fight so hard to silence those voices.

Women have been voting for men to represent us for decades.

I find it extremely insulting that we women have to just accept to expect men to be president and vp. Where does it say anywhere in our constitution, bill of rights, amendments and our laws that our president and vp must be a man?

The ideas and beliefs of the person you replied to are thankfully finally dying out.

Women are the majority in this nation. We have a right to have women representing us in our White House and government.

Men have been in charge since before our founding. We're a mess.

It's interesting, the person you replied to and people like that person loved Sara Palin. I'm sure they voted for McCain and Palin in 2008.

Now these same people say it's insulting to have a woman on the ticket.

He didn't make the point as I would, but he is right. If you decided pre-emptively that you will choose a female, it negates 50% of your pool right off the top, and for what reason? "it's time"?

You are telling men, "look, you're going to have to live with a female president if I win. She could be a useless POS, she might openly hate men and want to put conscription into law for men to send you to war somewhere, it doesn't matter. Deal with it sucka, competence doesn't matter, just her gender".

Now, he did it out of a desperation to get the Dem donors and support as he was in trouble in the Primaries. However, once he won, he was cornered. It doesn't mean he can't choose a good female V.P, it means it will be tainted, and at the very least, many will suspect it was forced.

That's not a meritocracy at work. Most men and women, support merit over nepotism or politics.
Well thank you for the honest answer. Now I understand the type of person he was speaking to.

Do you really not think there is a woman out there will the skills and qualifications for the job? Do you not understand the desire to have a woman’s perspective and representation in leadership? Our government has be dominated by men since its founding, is it really that crazy if an idea to you to think that women and minority groups might just bring a different and more representative perspective to the table?

I find it extremely insulting that we women have to just accept to expect men to be president and vp. Where does it say anywhere in our constitution, bill of rights, amendments and our laws that our president and vp must be a man?

The ideas and beliefs of the person you replied to are thankfully finally dying out.

Women are the majority in this nation. We have a right to have women representing us in our White House and government.

It's interesting, the person you replied to and people like that person loved Sara Palin. I'm sure they voted for McCain and Palin in 2008.

no one is saying that it is insulting "to have a woman on the ticket".

Agreed... well said

That’s exactly you’re saying!!! WTF?!?! Joe wanted to pick a woman to run with. You are calling him sexist and racist for doing that. Yes, it is as ridiculous as it sounds!

That’s exactly you’re saying!!! WTF?!?! Joe wanted to pick a woman to run with. You are calling him sexist and racist for doing that. Yes, it is as ridiculous as it sounds!

i am calling him sexist and racist for deciding to discriminate against all whites and men, and thus doubly, white men, in his hiring for the job.

i could not care less about who is his vp. anyone that would be acceptable to biden, will not be acceptable to me.

that is not the point. i have been very clear what the point is. for you to have missed it, is you being willfully blind.

I think the OP is dumb for even questioning it. See in the past, POTUS used to select who they thought was the best available candidate for the job. Then the Democrats got weird right. To a PROG, the best POTUS for the job has dementia, and his running mate must be a "woman of color". They're doomed from start.

Trump is talking trash however, most people recognize the Democrats are pathetic, it's hard to take them seriously.
I wonder how you’ll feel when the dementia guy and the colored lady beat Trump and take the White House. The natural reaction should be shame and embarrassment and questioning your holy inaccurate sense of judgement.

Everyone take note when dementia and colored lady lose his natural reaction should be shame and embarrassment and questioning his holy inaccurate sense of judgement.

i am calling him sexist and racist for deciding to discriminate against all whites and men, and thus doubly, white men, in his hiring for the job.

i could not care less about who is his vp. anyone that would be acceptable to biden, will not be acceptable to me.

that is not the point. i have been very clear what the point is. for you to have missed it, is you being willfully blind.
I hear your point but you are taking a round about way of saying that he is sexist for choosing that he wanted to run with a woman and that is absurd.

I think the OP is dumb for even questioning it. See in the past, POTUS used to select who they thought was the best available candidate for the job. Then the Democrats got weird right. To a PROG, the best POTUS for the job has dementia, and his running mate must be a "woman of color". They're doomed from start.

Trump is talking trash however, most people recognize the Democrats are pathetic, it's hard to take them seriously.
I wonder how you’ll feel when the dementia guy and the colored lady beat Trump and take the White House. The natural reaction should be shame and embarrassment and questioning your holy inaccurate sense of judgement.

Everyone take note when dementia and colored lady lose his natural reaction should be shame and embarrassment and questioning his holy inaccurate sense of judgement.
I’m not the one on hear saying that Trump is doomed from the start. I see the strength of his support and I think it is going to be a close race. You’re saying something completely different

It's insulting to WOMEN. This is Biden saying special considerations have to be made for black women else black women wouldn't have a chance to EARN the VP spot solely on merit if he also considered whites and black men. Yet another slur from Biden, no surprise.

I hear your point but you are taking a round about way of saying that he is sexist for choosing that he wanted to run with a woman and that is absurd.

if an evul republican stated that he was planning to only appoint white males to federal offices,

you would be able to see that limiting the pool by sex and race before looking at qualifications, was sexist and racist.

but, when it is your side doing it, and discriminating against white males,

your brain just can't add two and two together, and get four.

sexism is sexism. racism is racism. that you feel it is justified because of past wrongs, does not change that.

you are the one going the long way around, to avoid the simple truth.

Some men? It is insulting to all who believe America should be governed by the best, not by some diversity quota.

Especially if that diversity quota does not even represent the American demographic.

But that is no concern to Biden, all those people who have a functional brain vote for president Trump anyway.

Last edited:

It's insulting to WOMEN. This is Biden saying special considerations have to be made for black women else black women wouldn't have a chance to EARN the VP spot solely on merit if he also considered whites and black men. Yet another slur from Biden, no surprise.
Who said she didn’t earn it on merit? There was intense vetting going on. Not a name from a hat

Who said she didn’t earn it on merit? There was intense vetting going on. Not a name from a hat

biden said it. when he stated that he was discriminating by sex before he even looked at qualifications.

if an evul republican stated that he was planning to only appoint white males to federal offices,

you would be able to see that limiting the pool by sex and race before looking at qualifications, was sexist and racist.

sexism is sexism. racism is racism. that you feel it is justified because of past wrongs, does not change that.

Yes because there is a difference between the the races/sex that has always been in power and the races/sex that has bee underrepresented and oppressed. Holy shit, how do you not understand this??!

biden said it. when he stated that he was discriminating by sex before he even looked at qualifications.
No he want being unjust to white men. White men have always been in power. Choosing to select a woman who is pet of an oppressed group that has never had representation at that level before is not discrimination. You’re just wrong

Yes because there is a difference between the the races/sex that has always been in power and the races/sex that has bee underrepresented and oppressed. Holy shit, how do you not understand this??!

i understand it perfectly.

and you are supporting racism and sexism as long as it is targeted at the "right" people, ie whites and/or males.

that you have what you consider good reasons for it, is a matter to be discussed.

but right now, we are dealing with the fact that you are in denial about your support of sexists and racist discrimination.

No he want being unjust to white men. White men have always been in power. Choosing to select a woman who is pet of an oppressed group that has never had representation at that level before is not discrimination. You’re just wrong

"the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex."

that you think it "just" because of past injustices, does not change the fact that it is still "prejudicial" based on "sex" and "race".

and, your claim of "just" is very debatable.

"the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex."

that you think it "just" because of past injustices, does not change the fact that it is still "prejudicial" based on "sex" and "race".

and, your claim of "just" is very debatable.
It is just and it is not prejudicial. Biden has every right to want to run with a woman and that does not make him a sexist. That narrative is completely idiotic

Forum List

Back