Trump reverses stance on TikTok - where are USMB critics?

citygator

Posting From Hunters Laptop
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2019
Charlotte
Well. Well. Guess who likes some CCP money? Yep, Trump. So we had 2 or 3 threads on here about Biden and TikTok but I didn’t see the right get all juiced up on this. Biden just has an operative using it. Trump is an advocate for the CCP app. Holy shit.

It’s not clear why Trump appeared to reconsider his position on banning TikTok. Some commentators noted he recently hosted GOP megadonor Jeff Yass, who is a billionaire investor in ByteDance, at his Mar-a-Lago club and sought his support in the presidential race.

Former President Donald Trump raised concerns over efforts to ban the social media app TikTok this week, appearing to walk back the position he held in 2020, when he threatened to ban the app himself.

“If you get rid of TikTok, Facebook and Zuckerschmuck will double their business,” the presumptive 2024 GOP presidential nominee wrote on his social media platform on Thursday, referring to Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg.

Trump said he didn’t want Facebook to “d[o] better,” calling the company “a true Enemy of the People.”

Trump not supporting the ban is all about Trump, nothing more. He is pissed at Facebook and doesn't want anything to happen that might boost them.

That's all their is to Trump's position but it's about everything Trump does.

As usual Trump is thinking of how something affects him, rather than the population.
The only problem with banning tik tok is it should have been done 10 years ago BEFORE it poisoned the minds of millions.

How has people's minds been "poisoned"? Please be specific.

Tic tok is a Chinese information gathering site, and should be banned from the US…I disagree with Trump‘s supposed new stance, IF it’s true. Congress needs to act about them.

You use all the tools in the toolbox to defeat the dems. The chi-coms can come later.

Remember, Trump is currently in no position to change anything, that rests with FJB.
Brandon said he would sign it, but who knows if he knew what he was saying at the time.

Tic tok is a Chinese information gathering site, and should be banned from the US…I disagree with Trump‘s supposed new stance, IF it’s true. Congress needs to act about them.

What are they gathering?

The really sad thing about this is that it is happening at all.
Tik Tok's massive popularity in American youth is a testament not to how bad tik tok is, but how bad late Gen X and millenials are as parents for allowing their kids to use it.

You use all the tools in the toolbox to defeat the dems. The chi-coms can come later.

Remember, Trump is currently in no position to change anything, that rests with FJB.
Trump defends Bud Light ahead of fundraiser hosted by Anheuser-Busch lobbyist

Now, Jeff Yass, formerly a Trump critic, donates money to him about a week ago. Yass is an early investor in TikTok/Bytedance (NY Post claims that he has $33 Billion in equity in the company through his company). He starts a massive lobbying campaign to help his investment (threatening lawmakers that vote for the ban). And suddenly, Trump completely reverses position on banning TikTok and publicly endorses TikTok

Same reason I don't play any games on my phone, and neither should anyone else.
A GREAT deal of the makers have Chinese origins.
It is not whether they are currently spying or not, but that it 100% has the ability to deeply spy on you and everyone around you.
MOST of these games when you install them, gain access to virtually your entire phone and your network, this means everything else in your home as well.
There is no arguing this, it has been shown true 10,000 times.

In a time of crises with China/Russia - they could own our networks via these tools.
That is not debatable.

Trump defends Bud Light ahead of fundraiser hosted by Anheuser-Busch lobbyist

Now, Jeff Yass, formerly a Trump critic, donates money to him about a week ago. Yass is an early investor in TikTok/Bytedance (NY Post claims that he has $33 Billion in equity in the company through his company). He starts a massive lobbying campaign to help his investment (threatening lawmakers that vote for the ban). And suddenly, Trump completely reverses position on banning TikTok and publicly endorses TikTok
Deflecting does not get to my basic premise.....FJB owns this.

Well. Well. Guess who likes some CCP money? Yep, Trump. So we had 2 or 3 threads on here about Biden and TikTok but I didn’t see the right get all juiced up on this. Biden just has an operative using it. Trump is an advocate for the CCP app. Holy shit.

It’s not clear why Trump appeared to reconsider his position on banning TikTok. Some commentators noted he recently hosted GOP megadonor Jeff Yass, who is a billionaire investor in ByteDance, at his Mar-a-Lago club and sought his support in the presidential race.

Former President Donald Trump raised concerns over efforts to ban the social media app TikTok this week, appearing to walk back the position he held in 2020, when he threatened to ban the app himself.

“If you get rid of TikTok, Facebook and Zuckerschmuck will double their business,” the presumptive 2024 GOP presidential nominee wrote on his social media platform on Thursday, referring to Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg.

Trump said he didn’t want Facebook to “d[o] better,” calling the company “a true Enemy of the People.”
Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.), an outspoken China critic and supporter of Trump, said he disagreed with the former president’s comments about TikTok.
“I’m not a fan of Facebook, but TikTok is a qualitatively different deal. It’s a backdoor for the Communist Chinese party,” Hawley said Friday.

I’m with Hawley on this

Forum List

Back