Trump remembers Colin Powell with “malevolent, spiteful, narcissistic statement”.

So it's OK to help lie us into war?

Well yeah, you say you don't like him.

I don't like him. He betrayed US. Before he betrayed US, I was ok with him. Now, I just him on his actions and find him to be an asshole.

Because he said mean things about your orange lard and master. And for no other reason whatsoever. So spare us the dog and pony show.

1. My political support of Donald Trump is normal political support. That you need to believe otherwise, is just you being a faggot.

2. That you have to be an asshole about it, is you being an asshole.

3. Powell betrayed US, when he endorsed Fucking Obama, over Fucking McCain. That was the reason. YOu can go fuck yourself.

THE point stands. Powell betrayed US, and we have had some harsh words for him.
It's a false point. He betrayed the Neo-GOP's destructive vision for America. Nor is anyone surprised by the vitriol unleashed by the Trumpybear or his subjects, towards any one who hasn't kissed the Ring and pledged fidelity.

It's a false point. He betrayed the Neo-GOP's destructive vision for America. Nor is anyone surprised by the vitriol unleashed by the Trumpybear or his subjects, towards any one who hasn't kissed the Ring and pledged fidelity.

It is not a false point. Powell betrayed us, LONG before Trump was relevant.

We were and still are, somewhat pissed at him.

That you people need to pretend that is somehow weird or wrong of us, is just you people talking stupid shit.

It is not a false point. Powell betrayed us, LONG before Trump was relevant.

We were and still are, somewhat pissed at him.

That you people need to pretend that is somehow weird or wrong of us, is just you people talking stupid shit.
I agree he abandoned the new political ideology emerging in the GOP. He did not betray the us in the USA.

"is just you being a faggot...... you have to be an asshole about it..... you being an asshole........he endorsed Fucking Obama, over Fucking McCain. You can go fuck yourself.........you people talking stupid shit."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, and this just the opinion of my poor avatar, but......but the good poster Correll, in the above sentiments that he so often offers the forum as his version of informed political commentary...well, he is a great example of the thinking of too many Trump supporters.

He is an exemplar, an avatar, for the level of sentiment that we see way too often reflected on this chatroom by those supporters.

I personally believe that is a pity. A sad situation. I'm sure there are thoughtful and patriotic Americans who supported Don Trump. But, what we see here in the example of a Correll-type poster is a sad model of a MAGAHat.

And that, in my opinion, could be a slander on those people...some of them probably fine people.....who supported Don Trump.
One can't help but think that birds of the Correll-feather must, well, they must flock together. One is the same as all?

You be the judge.

I agree he abandoned the new political ideology emerging in the GOP. He did not betray the us in the USA.

I did not claim he betrayed America. I was clear that he betrayed his political party.

The bit where you pretend to misunderstand my point, to avoid my point?

That is your brain, dealing with the fact that it knows that my point is correct.

To repeat, he betrayed US, long before Trump was relevant, and we are still pissed off at him.

You libs talking siht about that, as though that is weird, is just you talking shit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, and this just the opinion of my poor avatar, but......but the good poster Correll, in the above sentiments that he so often offers the forum as his version of informed political commentary...well, he is a great example of the thinking of too many Trump supporters.

He is an exemplar, an avatar, for the level of sentiment that we see way too often reflected on this chatroom by those supporters.

I personally believe that is a pity. A sad situation. I'm sure there are thoughtful and patriotic Americans who supported Don Trump. But, what we see here in the example of a Correll-type poster is a sad model of a MAGAHat.

And that, in my opinion, could be a slander on those people...some of them probably fine people.....who supported Don Trump.
One can't help but think that birds of the Correll-feather must, well, they must flock together. One is the same as all?

You be the judge.

My goal is always to treat other posters with the level of civility that they deserve.

There are plenty of lib trolls on this site, who constantly insult and flame other posters, and I am not going to treat them with a respect they do not show others.

"I was clear that he betrayed his political party."

Ummm, I do believe there is a cogent argument that Colin Powell did not leave the Republican party and/or the Conservative Movement.'

They left him.
As they skewed off into their RWNJ-world of QAnon and Alex Jones and Tucker Carlson. The land of nuttery and conspiracies.

Was Colin Powell cut out the same cloth as Republicans Marjorie Greene? Matt Goetz? Paul Gosar?

Ummm, I do believe there is a cogent argument that Colin Powell did not leave the Republican party and/or the Conservative Movement.'

They left him.
As they skewed off into their RWNJ-world of QAnon and Alex Jones and Tucker Carlson. The land of nuttery and conspiracies.

Was Colin Powell cut out the same cloth as Republicans Marjorie Greene? Matt Goetz? Paul Gosar?

Powell was happy to work for President Ronald Reagan and both Bushes.

Most of the people that would make the argument you are making, would claim that those Presidents were pretty bad Presidents too.

After all, do you not believe that all three of those presidents engaged in the "Southern Strategy" of supposedly pandering to white southern waccists?

He betrayed US, and we were and still are pissed at him. That is...completely reasonable of US.

The bit where you libs act like it is not? Is just gaslighting bullshit.

Last edited:
Powell never was a "Republican." It was convenient at one time for him to associate himself with the Republican Party, but he never supported much that the Republican Party stood for.

The Media LOVED the fact that he claimed to be a Republican so that when he quadrennially endorsed the Democrat candidate for President, they could lovingly gush that a "prominent Republican" had endorsed the Democrat candidate. Hogwash.

However, it appears that he was a sterling fellow who honorably served the taxpayers for many decades, and made thousands of friends and fans along the way. May he rest in peace.

Trump's comments are pure Trump, who is a walking gaffe machine. Remember that a "gaffe" is a statement that, while true, would be better left unsaid. That's Trump.

Never ceases to amaze with another classless attack on the dead

I guess you forgot all the attacks the Liberals made upon Powell during his time as Secretary of State?

it isn't like President Trump is the first to rake Powell over the coals.

Powell never was a "Republican." It was convenient at one time for him to associate himself with the Republican Party, but he never supported much that the Republican Party stood for.

The Media LOVED the fact that he claimed to be a Republican so that when he quadrennially endorsed the Democrat candidate for President, they could lovingly gush that a "prominent Republican" had endorsed the Democrat candidate. Hogwash.

However, it appears that he was a sterling fellow who honorably served the taxpayers for many decades, and made thousands of friends and fans along the way. May he rest in peace.

Trump's comments are pure Trump, who is a walking gaffe machine. Remember that a "gaffe" is a statement that, while true, would be better left unsaid. That's Trump.

I have no problem with the fact that he served President Reagan while he was in uniform.

When he accepted CIVILIAN jobs, POLITICAL APPOINTMENTS, from Republican Presidents G.H.W.Bush, and G.W.Bush, he was implicitly stating that he was a Republican and "one of US".

I actually don't have a problem if that "one of US" feeling on his part, was kind of lukewarm and he was really... just doing the job(s) to the best of his abilities.

And if, once he was past that point, he wanted to retire and fade from view, that would have been fine.

BUT, when he took the status he gained, FROM BEING ONE OF US, and used that to support the OTHER GUY,

THAT was a betrayal, and one I do not forgive.

Indeed, he never gave any indication that he felt any remorse about betraying his supposedly fellow Republicans.

I guess you forgot all the attacks the Liberals made upon Powell during his time as Secretary of State?

it isn't like President Trump is the first to rake Powell over the coals.
Actually, I remember Liberals having a lot of respect for Colin Powell. More than Republicans and definitely more than Trump.

After it became clear that there were no WMDs we condemned Powell for his Yellowcake speech in the UN. A speech that even Powell regretted

When he accepted CIVILIAN jobs, POLITICAL APPOINTMENTS, from Republican Presidents G.H.W.Bush, and G.W.Bush, he was implicitly stating that he was a Republican and "one of US".

You are completely wrong.
You are sworn in to defend the Constitution not the Republican Party. You are loyal to the United States not the part that appointed you.

As a lifetime soldier, Powell knew where his loyalty was

You are completely wrong.
You are sworn in to defend the Constitution not the Republican Party. You are loyal to the United States not the part that appointed you.

As a lifetime soldier, Powell knew where his loyalty was

As I stated, I have no problem with his serving President Ronald Reagan in uniform.

BUT, when you accept a POLITICAL, CIVILIAN APPOINTMENT in an Administration, you are implicitly stating with your acceptance of that job, that you support that Administration and it's general platform.

Indeed, to remove doubts, Powell explicitly stated that he was indeed, a Republican.

He became at that point, not a member of the Military who was required to follow orders,

but a MEMBER of the Administration, who was WILLINGLY part of it and thus committed to ACTIVELY SUPPORTING the GOALS of that Administration.

BUT, when you accept a POLITICAL, CIVILIAN APPOINTMENT in an Administration, you are implicitly stating with your acceptance of that job, that you support that Administration and it's general platform.

Amazing how when you are corrected you revert to stupid.

Every elected official swears an oath to defend the Constitution.

That is to remind them that their loyalty is to We the People NOT a political party

Amazing how when you are corrected you revert to stupid.

Every elected official swears an oath to defend the Constitution.

That is to remind them that their loyalty is to We the People NOT a political party

Then why does the current Attorney General always remember he is Biden's Hand Picked AG and refuses to prosecute Hunter Biden or other friends of Joe?

Garland could care less about the Constitution as he is labeling pissed off parents at school board meetings as the equivalent of Osama B. Ladin.

Forum List

Back